The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks vs the League. Where do we fit?

Rate this topic

We started season with Hamonic having 1 practice -- then got hurt --

Scmidt - Key D man adjusting  to new team and playing different system -- No 1st line PP

Team  looked so different from playoff team that took Vegas to game 7...

The team started playing so awful no structure, poor coverage..Team looked lost ...

I honestly feel this team i better then standings show...

Sign Hamonic

Trade for Mason Appleton 6'2, 24, speed ..

Graves 6'5  Colorado  - Like thsi big D man

Hoffman will score 23--26 G  -- 50 points  -- Sign 2 X 4 million ?

Hoffman - Petey  - Hoglander

Podkolzin  -  Horvat  - Boeser

Appleton -  Miller   -  Pearson 

24 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I know people need a reason to believe the Canucks dont suck. But this season, like most of the past 7 years, the actual results dont lie.

There's a little something in life/sports called cause and effect.  I didn't read all of OP's post, but I'm pretty sure that's the point he was making.

Back to OP's post:

Thanks for doing your analysis.  This is the type of analysis that Mike Gillis would have done and taken to the NHL for corrective measures.  It's no secret that in a shortened season like we had this year, a good start was critical, and for a number of reasons as cited, the Canucks stumbled out of the gate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
27 minutes ago, IBatch said:

And there it is.   Well done.   Again trying to invalidate and justify your position. 

Actually I genuinely asked where he got his stats to go look. 

None of the stats presented conclusively prove that the schedule or covid was the definitive reason the team ended up bottom of the league again. Thats simply an excuse that certainly had some impact but other teams with better rosters and systems and management seemed to do ok with a pretty equally crappy schedule.

I have zero sympathy for Canucks management regarding the covid outbreak being some excuse. It was completely avoidable. Management made a conscious decision to put their players and coaches and their families at risk by flouting the covid protocols and allowing players to practice while awaiting test results. Zero sympathy from me for Benning on that.

9 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

The way you should look at “expected” stats are that we ARE getting chances. I fully understand expected stats are a shoulda coulda woulda been number. The point of that stat is that it shows the team is in the right positions and getting the right chances. They are either being blocked, tipped away, good goal tending, shot wide or just simply not capitalizing. The point is the opportunities are there, which bode well for the future, we WILL start converting these chances as time goes on. 

And when you look at the expected stats of Edmonton versus Winnipeg.... you start to see Winnipeg was actually expected to win. People just looked at McDavid and Draisaitl and expected to win..... because of their individual point production..

I enjoyed reading at your stats and did appreciate the work you put into it.

Ibatch used a golf analogy you could use that for baseball too. Every person who gets on the tee or batters plate has the opportunity to win, it just doesn't make it happen

Every team hits posts, gets good goaltending, has bad luck and what makes winning the Stanley Cup hard to win in the 1st place

I have been watching Canucks defense for years and continuously shot a shot from the point into the forwards shin pads and that team would grab the rebound and score on us. How would that be recorded as expected opportunity?

Edmonton isn't much of a 'team' when you got one guy (McDavid) who is on 65% of goals, makes you wonder how others besides Draisaitl and Nurse justify their wage. Imagine if he played less minutes on a good team and could go full out each shift, looks like that will only happen on Team Canada

The Canucks will get better and when they are good, hopefully  luck will be with them , as you need both to win when playing equally talented teams

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

There's a little something in life/sports called cause and effect.  I didn't read all of OP's post, but I'm pretty sure that's the point he was making.

Back to OP's post:

Thanks for doing your analysis.  This is the type of analysis that Mike Gillis would have done and taken to the NHL for corrective measures.  It's no secret that in a shortened season like we had this year, a good start was critical, and for a number of reasons as cited, the Canucks stumbled out of the gate. 

There is also a difference between causation and correlation. Those things had an impact but they are not the core reason the team didnt play well. Every year its a different excuse. The roster just isnt good enough and the systems are pretty bad. Those things had an impact far more than an extra few games at the start.

The schedule was not significantly overbearing compared to other teams schedules. Only at the end thanks to management breaking covid protocols and subjecting the team to covid. But the rest of the year already happened and the team was effectively out of the playoff race long before covid hit them.

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You'd get way more slack if you haven't spammed the site the last couple of months with your negative attitude.  You got called out and maybe try owning it instead.   Invalidation is exactly that - people see intent when they see it. 

Asking someone where they got their stats isnt showing any intent. I didnt question anything about them when i asked. Just where they came from. I got called out for asking an honest question. How you justify that is irrelevant really. 

I dont care if you jump to conclusions about me or not. I didnt invalidate anything he posted.

To me, jumping on someone with that level of assumption is more negative than anything I have posted here.

You and deb both are the ones who invalidated me for a reasonable question with nothing but your bias against me as reasoning.

So both of you can &^@# off as far as I am concerned.

6 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I enjoyed reading at your stats and did appreciate the work you put into it.

Ibatch used a golf analogy you could use that for baseball too. Every person who gets on the tee or batters plate has the opportunity to win, it just doesn't make it happen

Every team hits posts, gets good goaltending, has bad luck and what makes winning the Stanley Cup hard to win in the 1st place

I have been watching Canucks defense for years and continuously shot a shot from the point into the forwards shin pads and that team would grab the rebound and score on us. How would that be recorded as expected opportunity?

Edmonton isn't much of a 'team' when you got one guy (McDavid) who is on 65% of goals, makes you wonder how others besides Draisaitl and Nurse justify their wage. Imagine if he played less minutes on a good team and could go full out each shift, looks like that will only happen on Team Canada

The Canucks will get better and when they are good, hopefully  luck will be with them , as you need both to win when playing equally talented teams

So what im gathering from the way they do their calculations is it is based on where the shot was taken from compared to the league result of what the outcome of shot X would be. 
So a shot from we’ll say Ovi’s office is typically a goal for most of the league. Where as we havent been converting on those shots from ovi’s office due to a number of reasons. Petey ringing the iron countless times, slow passes to set up the 1 timer which allows a body to get in the way or the goalie to get set. Shots going high or wide.  At least this is how I understand the way it is being recorded, its based on a league wide consensus from that particular shot location. If we are getting the same opportunities, we should be able to make the adjustments needed to capitalize. Its just a matter of time and figuring it out. 

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

We started season with Hamonic having 1 practice -- then got hurt --

I could be wrong here but IIRC, he didn't even get that one practice. Pretty sure it got cancelled with Covid concerns (Benn and Miller).

He also hadn't played any competitive hockey in like a year as he didn't play the bubble in Calgary either. Shocking that he got hurt eh?:lol:

Bunch of new guys with no preseason or practice time. Green kids expected to drive the bus with said bunch of new guys around them, with no practice/time to build chemistry. Miller out to start. Condensed schedule, injuries to Hamonic and Pettersson, then our hard minute C's... And to top it all off, the league's worst Covid outbreak... Followed by the necessary even more condensed schedule to a bunch of players recovering from Covid.

But yeah, it's because we 'suck' :rolleyes:

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
41 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There is also a difference between causation and correlation. Those things had an impact but they are not the core reason the team didnt play well. Every year its a different excuse. The roster just isnt good enough and the systems are pretty bad. Those things had an impact far more than an extra few games at the start.

The schedule was not significantly overbearing compared to other teams schedules. Only at the end thanks to management breaking covid protocols and subjecting the team to covid. But the rest of the year already happened and the team was effectively out of the playoff race long before covid hit them.

Dude READ THE SCHEDULING. We had in incredibly tough start to the season schedule wise, far worse than any other team when you factor how many games were played in a 30 day span, how many back to backs and how we didnt have a practice for nearly 15 games. As I clearly stated every team had a much more intense part of their schedule, some teams had it in the beginning, some in the middle and others had it towards the end. Ours was in the beginning and after we finally began to get some practice time along with some scheduled breaks we started to win and improve, especially leading up to COVID. When COVID hit we were put on ice, no practices no training nothing, guys were bed ridden. We got in a couple skates near the end ONLY because MILLER CALLED OUT THE LEAGUE. After that we were still not 100% and we fought an uphill battle to finish the season.

we started with 18gp in 30 days

we ended with 19gp in 30 days

Please tell me what other team had as rough as a start and finish as us. Our start was originally scheduled to be tough the latter half was not. Unfortunately COVID screwed the lighter portion of our scheduling super hard and we played almost every single night. 19 games in 30 days is not normal

The Dallas Stars are the only other comparable team when it comes to having a star player missing and a mid season pause for 9 days. Guess what, even with their impressive advanced stats, they missed the playoffs. The scheduling and midseason pauses that led to the overall terrible scheduling of the season led to the team just not having enough gas in the tank to play on a nightly basis from start to finish.

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

So what im gathering from the way they do their calculations is it is based on where the shot was taken from compared to the league result of what the outcome of shot X would be. 
So a shot from we’ll say Ovi’s office is typically a goal for most of the league. Where as we havent been converting on those shots from ovi’s office due to a number of reasons. Petey ringing the iron countless times, slow passes to set up the 1 timer which allows a body to get in the way or the goalie to get set. Shots going high or wide.  At least this is how I understand the way it is being recorded, its based on a league wide consensus from that particular shot location. If we are getting the same opportunities, we should be able to make the adjustments needed to capitalize. Its just a matter of time and figuring it out. 

There are also a lot of variables that are almost impossible to effectively compare though. How teams play offensively and defensively has an impact.

The Canucks play a more passive, collapsing style of D that relies on blocking shots and staying in lanes. That alone reduces chances from certain areas where a more aggressive style of D might leave those spots open more. But the Canucks allow a ton of shots overall, just from different areas of the ice. Any shot on net has a wide range of factors involved that will impact its chance of going in.

Hockey is a different sport than baseball as an example. Baseball is more individual so it makes statistical comparisons a bit easier.

11 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Dude READ THE SCHEDULING. We had in incredibly tough start to the season schedule wise, far worse than any other team when you factor how many games were played in a 30 day span, how many back to backs and how we didnt have a practice for nearly 15 games. As I clearly stated every team had a much more intense part of their schedule, some teams had it in the beginning, some in the middle and others had it towards the end. Ours was in the beginning and after we finally began to get some practice time along with some scheduled breaks we started to win and improve, especially leading up to COVID. When COVID hit we were put on ice, no practices no training nothing, guys were bed ridden. We got in a couple skates near the end ONLY because MILLER CALLED OUT THE LEAGUE. After that we were still not 100% and we fought an uphill battle to finish the season.

Please tell me what other team had as rough as a start and finish as us. Our start was originally scheduled to be tough the latter half was not. Unfortunately COVID screwed the lighter portion of our scheduling super hard and we played almost every single night. 19 games in 30 days is not normal

The Dallas Stars are the only other comparable team when it comes to having a star player missing and a mid season pause for 9 days. Guess what, even with their impressive advanced stats, they missed the playoffs. The scheduling and midseason pauses that led to the overall terrible scheduling of the season led to the team just not having enough gas in the tank to play on a nightly basis from start to finish.

If you are going to have to play a lot of games, the beginning of the year is better than later. 

And its not really as significantly impactful vs other teams as you make it out to be. Other teams managed to actually play well. Is your argument that the Canucks played really well at the beginning of the season but just got overwhelmed by an extra few games?

I see people posting about Hamonic, Schmidt, etc. Almost all teams had turnover on their roster and not much practice time. They still managed to play well. 

Hamonic not being able to practice is simply because Benning did not have the cap to sign him to a contract until he moved Ferland to LTIR iirc. So really, thats on Benning's cap management.

Covid was an avoidable issue. Maybe management should not have allowed players with covid to practice while they awaited test results. 100% managements fault.

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If you are going to have to play a lot of games, the beginning of the year is better than later. 

And its not really as significantly impactful vs other teams as you make it out to be. Other teams managed to actually play well. Is your argument that the Canucks played really well at the beginning of the season but just got overwhelmed by an extra few games?

I see people posting about Hamonic, Schmidt, etc. Almost all teams had turnover on their roster and not much practice time. They still managed to play well. 

Hamonic not being able to practice is simply because Benning did not have the cap to sign him to a contract until he moved Ferland to LTIR iirc. So really, thats on Benning's cap management.

Covid was an avoidable issue. Maybe management should not have allowed players with covid to practice while they awaited test results. 100% managements fault.

That is the exact point you arent understanding. 

The Canucks had a heavily front loaded schedule, which is fine and completely fair. Because we were going to have a much lighter schedule towards the end, which was supposed to be 19 games in 45 days..

COVID hit and threw us out of whack completely. We couldnt skate or stay in shape and 28 days or whatever it was, we sat around. We were no longer in game shape. Timing is off, conditioning has dropped.

Problem is, our schedule that was SUPPOSED to be easy, became extremely difficult like it was throughout the whole season.

If you calculate the canucks active schedule it was 56gp in 100 days. (The time spent on shutdown does not count towards active time)

Compare that to the rest of the league who had 56gp in 121days. That is 21 more days of rest than Vancouver

COVID does not count as rest, that is a handicap. It destroyed our conditioning and were fatigued the entire season. Its reality dude, its common sense that 56gp in 100 days of active time is far more intense than 56gp over a 121day span since the season started to when the season ended for almost every team.

23 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There are also a lot of variables that are almost impossible to effectively compare though. How teams play offensively and defensively has an impact.

The Canucks play a more passive, collapsing style of D that relies on blocking shots and staying in lanes. That alone reduces chances from certain areas where a more aggressive style of D might leave those spots open more. But the Canucks allow a ton of shots overall, just from different areas of the ice. Any shot on net has a wide range of factors involved that will impact its chance of going in.

Hockey is a different sport than baseball as an example. Baseball is more individual so it makes statistical comparisons a bit easier.

I totally agree with you on the first point.

as to your second point. Tired legs cause every single team in the league to collapse around the goalie. You have to seriously consider the fact and accept the truth that Vancouver was an exhausted team from start to finish. We didnt get the same sort of breaks as every other team and that is not because of a league conspiracy about screwing Vancouver over. But because of how the scheduled rest was later in the season and COVID compromised our rest. It was just really bad luck and terrible timing.

Look at how well we played without Pettersson and prior to COVID. We started climbing our way back into the conversation of playoffs. We were overcoming the adversity of losing Petey. Which is great to see this team do that. Our schedule went from 18gp in 30 days to start the season to 19 in 40 days. In that second portion of 19 games in 40 days, we were a better team.

Then we had the shut down for almost a month and another 19gp in 30 days, also without Pettersson, it was too much to overcome. That and we were missing key guys like Beagle and Sutter who help tighten up the dzone or win key draws to help on PK or in the dzone in general that reduce oppositions possession times and chances generated. 

This season is a mulligan for everyone under the sun. Its not a fair season to grade the team. 

Next season, by all means if the team is sucking go ahead and start the fire green and fire benning chant. By the following season after that, someone will be gone. But this season is not the one.

20 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Don't waste too much time - after having researched various specific aspects/factors of context that you're wanting to discuss - while aside from questions of methodology, have had no real engagement with the data you raise - but are expected to respond  to "but but every year it's excuses...it's simple - the roster is bad, the system are bad"...

Seriously - you're wasting your time responding to a notorious precooked narrative.   The irony is that while you are attempting to present relatively 'objective' data, you have people attempting to cancel it with uninformed one-liners about 'systems' they can't name / have little idea of what they're talking about.

I'd add to the factors that you and others have noted - in addition to the schedule, or key new veterans like Schmidt, Hamonic, stepping into 'foundation' roles on the blueline - losses of key players like EP, or even the effects of the outbreak (I mean the team had 10+ replacement players/waiver claims/rookies/AHL callups in their lineup post outbreak) - regardless of having pulled themselve back to striking distance before that outbreak - back up to .500 hockey after a horrendous start - that outbreak sealed any hopes of sustaining any kind of push for a playoff spot imo.  But in addition to that - I think another key factor = advantage/disadvantage to this season - was the demographic makeup of teams and their ability to step into arguably underprepared situations.  I expected the team to have real difficulties with the nature of this season - outbreak or not - because they are such a young 'core' group.  It's one thing to parachute into a season like this with a veteran team - it's another to enter into these conditions with a very young emerging core.  A lot of people in this market perceive these guys to be entering their "primes" - that's a youth culture take that doesn't realize how typical contenders are composed.   Veterans have years of NHL experience - they are at the peaks of their strength, conditioning - they have years of executing NHL systems under their belt - in lots of cases they have years of experience playing with their particular team-mates....Circumstances like this season - are not necessarily as challenging for more veteran groups.  

Where the specific bubble conditions of last year's post-season imo were conducive to the young group - under 'normal' circumstances they would not have been rested before the playoffs after the work of a regular season - they would have been entering playoffs at the end of a long grind - and imo that would have been more challenging - physically and mentally - than it was.   Those conditions imo were more conducive to their bubble success - as a young group.   The conditions this year imo are the counterpoint / not conducive to young groups - and I think we saw a general trend qualifying that - from other young teams that struggled a whole lot early in the season.....

In any event - good points that you make - interesting data and discussion - and I agree with in general with what you're getting at - not because I need to 'deny' the results this season - but because in literally every case, in any situation, it is necessary to assess as much of the context as possible if there is any hope at all of being 'realistic' / whether that's positive or negative.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Actually I genuinely asked where he got his stats to go look. 

None of the stats presented conclusively prove that the schedule or covid was the definitive reason the team ended up bottom of the league again. Thats simply an excuse that certainly had some impact but other teams with better rosters and systems and management seemed to do ok with a pretty equally crappy schedule.

I have zero sympathy for Canucks management regarding the covid outbreak being some excuse. It was completely avoidable. Management made a conscious decision to put their players and coaches and their families at risk by flouting the covid protocols and allowing players to practice while awaiting test results. Zero sympathy from me for Benning on that.

And there it is again.   Do you not think that every regular CDCer knows your position on management yet?   The OP spend a considerable amount of time to create this thread.   It has honest legs.   We get it.  You think JB is garbage - you've said that many many many times before.   This isn't about that.   It's about empathy for what the team went through, acknowledging that and maybe providing some insight into what it must have been like for the players, and the result.   I think we next season won't be like this one.   Guess we will find out.   Am not expecting the moon either - coaching change or otherwise, but do think we have an honest chance at anywhere between 2-5.    All of which makes us a playoff or bubble team.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Don't waste too much time - after having researched various specific aspects/factors of context that you're wanting to discuss - while aside from questions of methodology, have had no real engagement with the data you raise - but are expected to respond  to "but but every year it's excuses...it's simple - the roster is bad, the system are bad"...

Seriously - you're wasting your time responding to a notorious precooked narrative.   The irony is that while you are attempting to present relatively 'objective' data, you have people attempting to cancel it with uninformed one-liners about 'systems' they can't name / have little idea of what they're talking about.

I'd add to the factors that you and others have noted - in addition to the schedule, or key new veterans like Schmidt, Hamonic, stepping into 'foundation' roles on the blueline - losses of key players like EP, or even the effects of the outbreak (I mean the team had 10+ replacement players/waiver claims/rookies/AHL callups in their lineup post outbreak) - regardless of having pulled themselve back to striking distance before that outbreak - back up to .500 hockey after a horrendous start - that outbreak sealed any hopes of sustaining any kind of push for a playoff spot imo.  But in addition to that - I think another key factor = advantage/disadvantage to this season - was the demographic makeup of teams and their ability to step into arguably underprepared situations.  I expected the team to have real difficulties with the nature of this season - outbreak or not - because they are such a young 'core' group.  It's one thing to parachute into a season like this with a veteran team - it's another to enter into these conditions with a very young emerging core.  A lot of people in this market perceive these guys to be entering their "primes" - that's a youth culture take that doesn't realize how typical contenders are composed.   Veterans have years of NHL experience - they are at the peaks of their strength, conditioning - they have years of executing NHL systems under their belt - in lots of cases they have years of experience playing with their particular team-mates....Circumstances like this season - are not necessarily as challenging for more veteran groups.  

Where the specific bubble conditions of last year's post-season imo were conducive to the young group - under 'normal' circumstances they would not have been rested before the playoffs after the work of a regular season - they would have been entering playoffs at the end of a long grind - and imo that would have been more challenging - physically and mentally - than it was.   Those conditions imo were more conducive to their bubble success - as a young group.   The conditions this year imo are the counterpoint / not conducive to young groups - and I think we saw a general trend qualifying that - from other young teams that struggled a whole lot early in the season.....

In any event - good points that you make - interesting data and discussion - and I agree with in general with what you're getting at - not because I need to 'deny' the results this season - but because in literally every case, in any situation, it is necessary to assess as much of the context as possible if there is any hope at all of being 'realistic' / whether that's positive or negative.

Covering all the bases.  Don't really see what your getting at though.   OP has a very good point.  Most of the team was sick.  Before that we'd clawed our way back after a terrible start.  Most CDCers specifically said they were content after the two TO wins and whatever happened next didn't matter.   

This was a bad season.   It happens.   Progress isn't always linear as i've learned too over the years on a lot of things not just quoting AF.   Just glad they all are coming back as a whole team with the same management, same coaches, to give it another shot.   Funny thing.  Sakic was almost burned on the cross by the media until he traded Duchene, and even then some were suspicious about whether it was a good move.   Now look at them.  

Holland was the best GM for two decades.   Couldn't rebuild Detroit the third time.    Yzerman is the current golden boy but had decent odds at becoming the next Babcock.   Folks need to look around and really truly notice what else is going on in this league and then create judgements.    JB or Bowman or whomever took over this team was absolutely never in a million years going to go from core to core to core (WCE-Sedin to this one) without some hiccups.   This season wasn't a big deal.   Can barely even call it as season anyways. 

We are lucky in a lot of ways.   Because JB group has drafted and developed above their pay grade as in when we actually picked compared to their peers. Four or five spots to be exact.   Top ten overall.   Regardless of where we drafted and that included JV and OJ.    The single most important thing with a rebuilding team was accomplished.   As a result we have HOPE.   That's it.  

COL.    Well let's just say they are awesome because they are.  Takes a lot of luck and some patience to get there.  And they haven't been good since Sakic himself was actually playing which is a little ironic too.  

JB needs the clean some things up.   UFAs for one.   Last year he publicly stated that phase was over.  Longest term was Holtby lol, two freaking years to shore up the most important position. Woo pie do.    And didn't commit to 80 million in UFA contracts he let go.   Every single one of them - which is crossed both my fingers, prayed to god he'd do.   Including soon to revert back to career norm wonder kids opportunistic do nothing, hide from checks don't back check invisible except when you go to the net TT.     Go watch Vegas again and it's pretty undeniable.   (oh my ankle too bad bye bye see you late enjoy MTL).   At least BB would take a freaking hit to make a play he'd jump away and go back to the  bench.  Again  go watch the series (and i'm not talking to you specifically now - but anyone who's put TT on a freaking mantle - watch the series, find the game and tell me exactly when TT took a hit to make a play, a real hit ... BB did that since the start of the bubble, and i defended him the entire time including the regular season....we have the better player... Podz probably will be too).

Thing is - things aren't as bad as they actually were last season.   I'm certain of that.    If i'm wrong i will eat some crow.   I never thought this core had a chance.   Still not sure they do but JB at least gave me hope where none - zero - existed.   Because that's the factual reality of a 32 team league.   Half make it now.   Talent is starting to catch up which is why the sp is finally going down.   Hate to say this but still think it will take parts of this core, and the next one to actually contend.   Why each final appearance is later then the one before. 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Interesting to see how many more games in comparison to certain parts of the season were. The biggest thing I thought was interesting was the back to backs. I think those were the killer. 

Normal schedule and divisions next year?  I feel we are a playoff team.  People underestimate how big an impact the condensed start and end of the year impacted this team.  We were right about .500 after a ridiculous first 16 game schedule to start.  

I assume this had to be nearly the worst bottom 6 production the Canucks have ever seen.  That should be a reasonably easy fix. 

I think we need a big, physical stay at home D, preferably RHS.  This will be tougher, but still not unreasonable to expect we can fill that hole.  

One way or another we will have a better backup.  Whether it be Holtby pulling his head out of his ass, DiPietro or someone else, our backup will be better than a 3.7GAA and .890 SV%.

The Pacific next year might be historically bad, we will certainly benefit from that.  I'm willing to look at this season as a blip in what has been some positive progression over the past few years.  

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So...Covid was managements fault...Ok ...your bloviating BS is tiresome. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
11 minutes ago, spur1 said:

So...Covid was managements fault...Ok ...your bloviating BS is tiresome. 

Covid itself wasnt their fault. Their team getting covid that severely was though. They allowed players to practice while awaiting test results. Hard to blame that on anyone else. They took a huge risk and subjected their team to huge risk. It was a decision though, not an accident or a fluke of nature.