The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Russian?

Rate this topic

dr.naughtypants

On 5/28/2021 at 4:47 AM, tas said:

the slava voynov situation was 2014, evgeny kuznetsov is almost certainly still doing blow every night based on his eroding performance, and the canucks  dealt with attitude issues and khl threats with nikita tryamkin.

how outdated can it be?

Do you realize how many hockey players do blow?!? You’d be shocked.  

How many North American players have we heard of sleeping around with teammates girlfriends and wives? That would be the worst thing for team chemistry I can think of. 

On 5/30/2021 at 12:46 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

Well, now that's he's signed a 3 year'er, he'll hopefully show-up and turn into something.  Unfortunately, two of the last four picks that Uncle Jim directly decided upon himself - haven't turned out so well (lazy Jake and Yo-Levi)   So, hopefully this guy turns-out a bit better.  He looks like a good average player with his stats and has potential to possibly eventually slot into the 3rd or 4th line-up in a few years - if everything goes perfectly.

Lol of course you spin anything you can into an anti-Benning post.  

How was the Fire Benning rally? 

41 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

How was the Fire Benning rally? 

Must have been very boring for him and the handful that turned up. I do get a chuckle out of his moniker though because every time I see his posts I keep thinking in the back of my head "ARE YOU SERIOUS" LOL.

48 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Must have been very boring for him and the handful that turned up. I do get a chuckle out of his moniker though because every time I see his posts I keep thinking in the back of my head "ARE YOU SERIOUS" LOL.

Hahaha yeah, actually kind of a good novelty account I have to admit! Gives me a chuckle every time too....  maybe I've been getting whooshed all this time?  

spacer.png

Evengy Svechnikov ,  hasn’t been given much of a chance with the Wings,  was waived before the playoffs.

drafted in 2015.

Big powerful body that can score, has that old power forwards template.

In his last 2 seasons of very limited NHL games (25).  He has averaged .5 ppg.

Grit wise, he will back down from no one.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:51 AM, iceman64 said:

Bure comes out of retirement? 

Pavel Bure is representing Russia in the International Ice Hockey Federation, temporary replacing Vladislav Tretiak as the IIHF Council Member.

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Evengy Svechnikov ,  hasn’t been given much of a chance with the Wings,  was waived before the playoffs.

drafted in 2015.

Big powerful body that can score, has that old power forwards template.

In his last 2 seasons of very limited NHL games (25).  He has averaged .5 ppg.

Grit wise, he will back down from no one.

Maybe there is a Svechnikov for Virtanen trade there somewhere

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Jake earned himself a ticket to being unprotected at the draft or they let him go completely if he breached contract if found guilty of sexual misconduct but he will be gone soon, unless he completely changes then he's pretty much gone...

• Cheers 1

Thy mentor shall be Bo Horvat...... not Russian but a similar approach to the game.

Podkolzin is said to be very determined and willing to do what the team needs from him to win. So why would he then need a Russian player to assist him? I say no to this as captain Bo and buddies JT Miller et al. shall perform all that is required. 

Otherwise, the Canucks can always hire a consultant of sorts to assist in adapting to North American life.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:46 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Is Virtannen even a “project” to any team ?

I think the Canucks will terminate and release Virtannen if they can.  Even if the truth is in JV’s favour.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:16 PM, SilentSam said:

Is Virtannen even a “project” to any team ?

I think the Canucks will terminate and release Virtannen if they can.  Even if the truth is in JV’s favour.

Virtanen is a very good gamble for a team.  

I have maintained for the last year that once Jake leaves his hometown, he will flourish and become a steady 25 goal scorer. It will just never happen with us.  

On 5/27/2021 at 5:07 PM, erkayloomeh said:

Why dont we just teach loui eriksson to speak Russian?

He's never gonna leave might as well make him do something useful. 

We can tell Vasili he's a really old Russian great Ivan Ericksonov.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 5:47 AM, tas said:

the slava voynov situation was 2014, evgeny kuznetsov is almost certainly still doing blow every night based on his eroding performance, and the canucks  dealt with attitude issues and khl threats with nikita tryamkin.

how outdated can it be?

Also Radulov is a headcase, Kovalchuk bolting. It seems like every nation has players that don't make it because they're too slow, small, low IQ, etc., but the Russians come up a with a whole lot of funny ways to take themselves out of the NHL.

I am sure Vasilli will have No problems on the ice or with his teammates Most seem to be have good character . Hopefully  B.C. will be back to more of a somewhat normal state . So many wonderful things to do and places to go for a young man new to this country . Stuff away from the rink . I still laugh and think about how we thought about Russian Hockey players before and after the 72 Can/Russia Hockey series [ i was just a little kid but we did have to beat the robots from Russia ]

All that being said if they are trading for someone new and all other things being about equal I definitely would not be opposed to adding another Russian player . Remember just because they would both be Russian there is nothing to say they would get along , surprises me how often people just assume they would  . I don't like one of my neighbors and we're from the same Country OK OK I am not really sure he is from this planet