Tristin Jarry G

Pittsburgh receives:

Nate Schmidt

Brandon Holtby

6th rnd pick

Nucks sends out about 10 mill

Nucks bring in 7 mill

Cap savings of around 3 mill

Nucks go look for a UFA for Schmidts replacement with a extra 3 mill in cap.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Thoughts?

Vancouver receives:

Bryan Rust RW

Tristin Jarry G

Pittsburgh receives:

Nate Schmidt

Brandon Holtby

6th rnd pick

Nucks sends out about 10 mill

Nucks bring in 7 mill

Cap savings of around 3 mill

Nucks go look for a UFA for Schmidts replacement with a extra 3 mill in cap.

My personal thoughts are, there's no way that Pittsburgh would do this deal. For one thing, Pittsburgh is hard up against the cap already, they can't afford to bring in an extra 3 million per season.

The guys that you're including in the deal would be good pickups for us, there's nowhere near enough value going the other way.

For Pittsburgh to be competitive again, they need to move someone like Malkin for picks and prospects, but he's getting to an age that's hard to move for picks and prospects.

• Vintage 1

Now is this before or after the ED?  Also Jarry was a sieve against the Islanders but Holtby was worse statistically in the regular season plus he's on the decline in his career, so are they are downgrading to Holtby to get Schmidt?  They already have a pretty deep blueline (5 of their blueliners - Letang, Pettersson, Marino, Matheson, Dumoulin - are signed with term and earn more than $4 million a season) so I'm not sure why they would give give up their young, still-starting caliber goalie in the NHL and Crosby's running mate for an aging backup and a defender they don't necessarily need (Vancouver doesn't need Rust either as we're good for wingers, but getting him and Jarry would be a steal).

I don’t know if Pitt takes this with our first round pick. They know they are going to go through a rebuild or “retool” as they will put it. This makes zero sense to them unless they are going to receive something of value in 2-3 years time.

14 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

My personal thoughts are, there's no way that Pittsburgh would do this deal. For one thing, Pittsburgh is hard up against the cap already, they can't afford to bring in an extra 3 million per season.

The guys that you're including in the deal would be good pickups for us, there's nowhere near enough value going the other way.

For Pittsburgh to be competitive again, they need to move someone like Malkin for picks and prospects, but he's getting to an age that's hard to move for picks and prospects.

I think Malkin is their best piece to move by far. The younger guys, Rust, et al are what they need to build around if they want to be competitive again quickly which is what Burkie is going to wan to do imo.

Malkin has a 5 mil bonus coming up, so after that its only 4.5 in real dollars out for a team. If Detroit wants to actually make some noise next year it might be a good fit there?

They are -1 million for next season right now, and thats still needed to sign their depth players and be no better Thant they are now. 

• Cheers 1