The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

4 minutes ago, IRR said:

A majority know what the deal is, so no worries! 

Who is the majority? 

4 minutes ago, IRR said:

If this isn't working out for you on here, you, a handful of others on here, Uncle Laleet & Taj1944 can go fly banners, protest, yell fire Benning at the games, beat to death the negative narative and throw tantrum like children re: the team since that seems to be more your guys thing. Whatever makes you happy! 

When did I throw a temper tantrum? I believe that you're the one who's overreacting and resorting to name calling here. So in actual fact, you're acting far more immaturely than I am based on your posts.

I'm interested in what Benning is going to do this offseason, and what the roster will look like come training camp. You may assume that I'm looking to "fly a banner" or protest, but that would be a poor assumption on your part. Keep on with your poorly informed generalizations of fans though. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don't care if anyone ignores me or not. I only use it myself for one person. I dont let other people's opinions bother me that much.

I mean, its not my job to change my opinions because they impact someone else's enjoyment of cdc. Or theirs to change their opinion because of me. Thats why the ignore function is there.

Whatever you think of me and my posts, I can say I dont typically call people down personally, or insult them, or attack them on a personal level for having a different opinion. I typically keep it to the actual opinions being expressed. 

Considering a lot of the responses I get, I feel that puts me on the high ground.

I don't think you should change your opinions based on others enjoyment either. I think you should change (some of) them because they're straw-nonsense based on conjecture and you frequently present them as fact. You also tend to repeat said conjecture-straw men, ad nauseum to a borderline, rule breaking, spamming/trolling degree (though you seem to have a knack for pushing that to the bend, not break point).

I don't know or care what 'ground' that leaves you on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Criticizing and hating the job he does is different than hating him though. Thats what you guys dont seem to be able to reconcile.

It is possible to criticize someone in their job without hating them on a personal level.

Flying a banner saying to fire him, or protesting, is simply about his job as GM. Its not a personal hatred for him.

Do some people take it too far? Sure. But its not people flying a banner.

K lets leave it at this... 

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

I don't think you should change your opinions based on others enjoyment either. I think you should change (some of) them because they're straw-nonsense based on conjecture and you frequently present them as fact. You also tend to repeat said conjecture-straw men, ad nauseum to a borderline, rule breaking, spamming/trolling degree (though you seem to have a knack for pushing that to the bend, not break point).

I don't know or care what 'ground' that leaves you on.

So I should change my opinions based on other people's opinions of them then? Thats kind of the same thing as changing them because someone else cant enjoy cdc if I express them.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So I should change my opinions based on other people's opinions of them then? Thats kind of the same thing as changing them because someone else cant enjoy cdc if I express them.

Nope. Not what I said.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who is the majority? 

When did I throw a temper tantrum? I believe that you're the one who's overreacting and resorting to name calling here. So in actual fact, you're acting far more immaturely than I am based on your posts.

I'm interested in what Benning is going to do this offseason, and what the roster will look like come training camp. You may assume that I'm looking to "fly a banner" or protest, but that would be a poor assumption on your part. Keep on with your poorly informed generalizations of fans though. 

Okay, but this is the exact behavior myself and many others are calling out / done with. We said, it's not what they're doing, it's how they're doing it. It's NOT an issue with differing opinions or disliking / disagreeing with what the team does or constructive criticism. It's the constant and consistent negativity and criticism and actions that are with it. So, stop putting words in my mouth and saying i don't agree with differing opinions...it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with their mentality / behavior / actions when it come to this team. You're saying it's a poor assumption, but your defending the things we're calling out, so which is it?!

Edited by IRR
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, IRR said:

Okay, but this is the exact behavior myself and many others are calling out / done with.

So who exactly are you speaking on behalf of? And what in my last post was the "behavior" you and the "others" are "done with"? 

We said, it's not what they're doing, it's how they're doing it.

We said, or you said? Again, what have I stated in our back and forth that is causing yourself, and the others... so much grief? I believe the only thing I said about Benning in this thread is that I'm interested in what he'll do. I'm not exactly enamored by his overall body of work, but if ownership are good with him, what choice do fans really have? 

It's NOT and issue with differing opinions or disliking / disagreeing with what the team does or constructive criticism. It's the constant and consistent negativity and criticism and actions that are with it.

There really isn't this tsunami of negativity here that you're pertaining to though. Certainly some folks want Benning gone yesterday, but that's their right. You seem to be getting lost in the semantics of the whole ordeal and automatically (at least in my opinion and experience) file any poster who disagrees with you as the problem. 

So, stop putting words in my mouth and saying i don't agree with differing opinions.

How did I put words in your mouth? You've proven it in your posts, I'm pointing that out, which I guess you don't like.

..it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with their mentality / behavior / actions when it come to this team. You're saying it's a poor assumption, but your defending the things we're calling out, so which is it?!

You assumed poorly and lumped me in with the vehement anti-Benning crowd which is quite small. You were wrong about that. I'm not his biggest fan, mind you, but he is coming back this coming season, so I'm far more interested in the moves he'll make (hopefully big ones that further surround the young core with solid players) than some lame attempt to curry public opinion against him. 

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So who exactly are you speaking on behalf of? And what in my last post was the "behavior" you and the "others" are "done with"? 

We said, or you said? Again, what have I stated in our back and forth that is causing yourself, and the others... so much grief? I believe the only thing I said about Benning in this thread is that I'm interested in what he'll do. I'm not exactly enamored by his overall body of work, but if ownership are good with him, what choice do fans really have? 

There really isn't this tsunami of negativity here that you're pertaining to though. Certainly some folks want Benning gone yesterday, but that's their right. You seem to be getting lost in the semantics of the whole ordeal and automatically (at least in my opinion and experience) file any poster who disagrees with you as the problem. 

How did I put words in your mouth? You've proven it in your posts, I'm pointing that out, which I guess you don't like.

You assumed poorly and lumped me in with the vehement anti-Benning crowd which is quite small. You were wrong about that. I'm not his biggest fan, mind you, but he is coming back this coming season, so I'm far more interested in the moves he'll make (hopefully big ones that further surround the young core with solid players) than some lame attempt to curry public opinion against him. 

You are calling me out for calling out a group of peoples constant / consistent negativity / hate re: this team and the actions (sometimes extreme) that accompanied it. So, if you're calling me out, you must be okay with it, that's why i said go do that then. There is a group of fans (and including media) that do this, and yes a majority are done with it / not okay with it. If you can't grasp that and the rest of what i said, again, not my problem. And if you want to know the issues / who's done with it, maybe you should take time to read though the threads on this forum. I'm done explaining it! 

Honestly, you're arguing with me, but i don't think you know why or what you're arguing and you're just arguing to argue at this point. So, i'm done. As i said, most know exactly what i'm talking about. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Laughing emoji responses to everything doesn't make you right or smart! 

• Haha 1

Thing is, we're reaching the point where the goalposts of what to be angry at are shifting.

First, it was "don't criticize Benning, protests are evil".  Now, it's become "well, uh, sure, you can criticize but, uh, stop regurgitating the same stuff".

You see, the issue is not negativity.  Never has been.  The issues have everything to do with entitled homers getting annoyed and thinking they should be able to just drown out discussion that centers around criticism or anything that isn't pro-Canucks.  Look, that's all fine and dandy, it might even be expected given the nature of this forum, but some of y'all need to stop projecting your annoyances on to others when you're not able to do that.  Evidently, there's a lot of people who don't like this management team, a lot of people that want change, and a lot of people who have things to say here because heaven knows ownership won't listen to them and don't value them.

Hope this helps.

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

You are calling me out for calling out a group of peoples constant / consistent negativity / hate re: this team and the actions (sometimes extreme) that accompanied it.

Actually, I'm addressing you on the fact that you feel the need to tell other posters how they should post. 

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

So, if you're calling me out, you must be okay with it, that's why i said go do that then.

Yeah, I'll go do what I feel like doing. Your approval is moot.

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

There is a group of fans (and including media) that do this, and yes a majority are done with it / not okay with it. If you can't grasp that and the rest of what i said, again, not my problem.

I have no issue "grasping" what you're saying. You don't like what some posters are saying and you feel the need to act like some half-assed moderator. 

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

And if you want to know the issues / who's done with it, maybe you should take time to read though the threads on this forum. I'm done explaining it! 

You've never actually explained anything with any clarity, but please be done. 

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

Honestly, you're arguing with me, but i don't think you know why or what you're arguing and you're just arguing to argue at this point. So, i'm done. As i said, most know exactly what i'm talking about. 

You're arguing. I'm discussing.