The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

Tryamkin.... I’m so tired of his crap!   All this drama because of his wife!??  Does he even have a pair on him.    It’s a privilege to be drafted into the nhl and you’re blessed with talent to make it there and in the end, you let your wife dictate your life!

I would’ve literally said, you want to stick it out with me in thr nhl whilst I earn millions, or you can leave me and go back home and find another husband. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I know I'm shocked...:rolleyes:

:bigblush:

The quibbling over Jim words re: playoffs was especially irritating.

He doesn't lay out things perfectly in his press conferences, media just isnt his strength, so you have to think in your interpretation sometimes.

It's clear to me given what's he's said in the past they view it as a process of making the playoffs consistently & the core growing as a team with that experience. Which history shows is correct.

Instead people with an agenda are happy to take it as Benning trying to squeeze in to save his job.

The other two issues are more understandable, this one however was blatant dishonesty. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Good to know that Juolevi was one of the guys that got very sick - lost a lot of weight and strength - and was really set back during the outbreak.

one thing a lot of us wanted to know - widely assumed, of course, that that bad coach Green just didn't want to play him.

He was awful at the end of the year, after being pretty solid at the start.  This explains a lot.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Great interview. If only the media could ask questions like Donnie instead of asking and making assumptions after.

Guess what people want to do play in Vancouver and see a good team brewing. Maybe the media and some fans should cut the crap

Yeah, when pigs fly!

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they were planning on bringing back Baumer and Brown you would think those contracts would be done already no?

Its not like those two have much negotiating power. I doubt any teams are clamouring for their services.

Hopefully we see at least one change there.

In his comments regarding the assistants  he answered separately on Clark and the others. He said that he wants him back and thinks he’ll get something worked out. On the others he said he’ll be reviewing them with Green and then make offers after that.  Trying to read between the lines it sounds like it is going to be largely up to Green who returns.

52 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Tryamkin.... I’m so tired of his crap!   All this drama because of his wife!??  Does he even have a pair on him.    It’s a privilege to be drafted into the nhl and you’re blessed with talent to make it there and in the end, you let your wife dictate your life!

I would’ve literally said, you want to stick it out with me in thr nhl whilst I earn millions, or you can leave me and go back home and find another husband. 

As the saying goes .... Happy Wife, Happy Life! 

While I understand that Schmidt may not have asked for a trade, I feel that he is the most likely to be moved.  We have a number of guys that won't be moved:

Brock, EP, BO, Hughes, Hogs, Pods, Demko, Rathbone, and a number that don't have much of any value on the market: Holtby, Roussel, Beagle, Myers, LE.  That leaves us with some B prospects, a mixed bag of bottom 6ers, Schmidt and Miller.

I'd only trade Miller if it fills two holes--- We would need a young top 6 winger, along with a 3C, or Defensive RHD.  Obvously the ask would be very high.  I don't see that getting done. (My dream would be Dobson, Wahlstrom and Boychuck (cap dump) from the Islanders, but like I said, I don't see Miller getting dealt).

I do see that a team who could deploy Schmidt like Vegas did having a fair amount of interest.  I'd deal him in a heartbeat for Gudas and a 1st from Florida.  Gudas fills a few boxes for us and gives us a few mill in cap space along with a 1st.

55 minutes ago, sassbs said:

It’s a privilege to be drafted into the nhl and you’re blessed with talent to make it there and in the end, you let your wife dictate your life!

Kinda like the privilege you're trying to assume in dictating what someone does with his life?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

In his comments regarding the assistants  he answered separately on Clark and the others. He said that he wants him back and thinks he’ll get something worked out. On the others he said he’ll be reviewing them with Green and then make offers after that.  Trying to read between the lines it sounds like it is going to be largely up to Green who returns.

To me it sounded like Green will have input, but it's not entirely up to him.  It'll be a group determination.  Reading between the lines, it sounds like management doesn't want them, or they would've been talked about like Clark.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Tryamkin can do whatever he wants.

Family comes before anything so I actually respect his decision.

He’s overhyped on these forums. Would be nice to have him on the team but he’s not the next Chara.

Speaking of Chara, if he is a FA - might not be a bad idea on a cheap short term deal to mentor a vet - Myers ???