The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

Just now, Devron44 said:

“Here’s my takeaways” at the top. He was piecing things together. 

Funny how when you are pro Benning that is an acceptable thing to do but when you criticize him the same way you get told to stick only to literal interpretation.

Funny how that works.

There's a misconception that Francesco Aquilini is a billionaire. He's not. Those arguing that he is are wrong. But also right. Huh? Well..

Francesco Aquilini is one of the sons Luigi Aquilini, the actual billionaire. Luigi is the elderly father of Francesco, as well as his brothers Paolo and Roberto Aquilini, and the founder of the Aquilini Group which owns many things include the Canucks and the Toptable Group (who own places like Elisa Steak, Blue Water Cafe, and Thierry among others). Luigi still controls the fortune. Francesco, Paolo, and Roberto just runs things and will actually inherit when Luigi passes away.

The three brothers share in the wealth that there father created but also head different parts of the Aquilini Group which, as I've said before, own many things include restaurants, the Canucks, farms, wineries, etc. Francesco just happens to be the biggest Canucks fan of the brothers and thus he's the brother who is the "public" face of the Aquilini ownership group -- which is ironic because Francesco Aquilini is notoriously camera shy and rarely grants interviews.

The Canucks are actually owned by a family and I feel like it's good to remember that. The Aquilinis own the Canucks not just Francesco. There's a committee at the very top. Francesco is not a self made man and his brothers also have a say.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Funny how when you are pro Benning that is an acceptable thing to do but when you criticize him the same way you get told to stick only to literal interpretation.

Funny how that works.

Most criticizing don’t qualify it like that, they guess as if it is gospel. That would be a key difference. 

Much like the doom and gloom surrounding Miller wanting out all season. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Quantum said:

There's a misconception that Francesco Aquilini is a billionaire. He's not. Those arguing that he is are wrong. But also right. Huh? Well..

Francesco Aquilini is one of the sons Luigi Aquilini, the actual billionaire. Luigi is the elderly father of Francesco, as well as his brothers Paolo and Roberto Aquilini, and the founder of the Aquilini Group which owns many things include the Canucks and the Toptable Group (who own places like Elisa Steak, Blue Water Cafe, and Thierry among others). Luigi still controls the fortune. Francesco, Paolo, and Roberto just runs things and will actually inherit when Luigi passes away.

The three brothers share in the wealth that there father created but also head different parts of the Aquilini Group which, as I've said before, own many things include restaurants, the Canucks, farms, wineries, etc. Francesco just happens to be the biggest Canucks fan of the brothers and thus he's the brother who is the "public" face of the Aquilini ownership group -- which is ironic because Francesco Aquilini is notoriously camera shy and rarely grants interviews.

The Canucks are actually owned by a family and I feel like it's good to remember that. The Aquilinis own the Canucks not just Francesco. There's a committee at the very top. Francesco is not a self made man and his brothers also have a say.

So semantics and the team is owned by a billionaire family. Ok. 

Edited by canuck73_3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Most criticizing don’t qualify it like that, they guess as if it is gospel. That would be a key difference. 

Much like the doom and gloom surrounding Miller wanting out all season. 

He is saying it like its what Benning was "implying". Most of those arent even in the same realm or remotely identifiable as sonething he was implying based on what Benning actually said. 

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Funny how that works.

I think the criticism was overwhelming at the end of the season. Old news picked at his post a bit too. Fairly positive interview all around though. Nice to clear the air on a few things that I thought were ridiculous. Lots still up in the air obviously. But the garbage is behind us for this season. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

He is saying it like its what Benning was "implying". Most of those arent even in the same realm or remotely identifiable as sonething he was implying based on what Benning actually said. 

But still qualified with my takeaways. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This part:

Thats just the reality of high profile public jobs. They and their families know the reality. Its always harder on the family members.

I am sure it is also hard on Tryamkins wife to hear what a selfish dick her husband is and pos interfering bitch she is too despite no one ever proving either did anything wrong. People here publicly trash both based on the faulty opinion that Benning said it (he actually said no such thing).

Is that fair?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think it's a matter of just finding some peace for awhile?  Accepting that "it is what it is"?

He's here and that's not changing for awhile so I think most of us are just of the "time to move on" thinking.  Give it a rest thinking because negative gets really exhausting over time.  

Because it matters little at this point. If it's rehashing the same stuff, over and over, there comes a point that it starts falling on deaf ears.

It's not even "pro Benning" as much as it's "pro team".  This team gets enough flack from OUTSIDE our city, we certainly don't need to generate a bunch of crap within our own "fanbase".  

Nah, its hypocrisy here on cdc I am talking about. It has nothing to do with the team.

You are not the team. Neither is the guy responding to me. Neither am I. Read my post again and point out ehich part i mentioned anything about the team. I was talking about the hypocrisy of people like you. Read my post and your response then try to tell me you were not proving everything i just said about cdc posters.

For someone who says negativity is tiring, you dont seem to feel that way with your negativity toward me.

I am completely at peace with Benning being back. Have said that a few times now. He is back, and he has my hope he will learn from his mistakes and do better. 

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats just the reality of high profile public jobs. They and their families know the reality. Its always harder on the family members.

I am sure it is also hard on Tryamkins wife to hear what a selfish dick her husband is and pos interfering bitch she is too despite no one ever proving either did anything wrong. People here publicly trash both based on the faulty opinion that Benning said it (he actually said no such thing).

Is that fair?

And the people that were posting about Tryamkins wife were called on their bs... 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think you've missed the mark.  I doubt they hear much about Vancouver at all...nor do they care.  

Benning and his family ARE HERE and part of this group.  It's not the reality...it's unacceptable to target a guy when he's off the job.  Stalk him in grocery stores and fly around asking for him to be fired incessantly.  I understand protesting and trying to have an impact...but the deal is done.  There comes a point where it's overkill and time to let it go.  Accept that hand that's been dealt.

We've been through the hardest time any of us could have imagined...to stay stuck on something negative is a choice.  And some of us just choose to make life a positive experience, which any of us can do.

Actually, you are missing the mark.

Negativity does not equal criticizing Benning. Your negativity towards me as an exsmple is still negativity.

One person took a picture of him in a store. Big deal. I saw a lot of people ragging on Gaudettes wife on here for something very similar to what Benning did.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Nah, its hypocrisy here on cdc I am talking about. It has nothing to do with the team.

You are not the team. Neither is the guy responding to me. Neither am I. Read my post again and point out ehich part i mentioned anything about the team. I was talking about the hypocrisy of people like you. Read my post and your response then try to tell me you were not proving everything i just said about cdc posters.

For someone who says negativity is tiring, you dont seem to feel that way with your negativity toward me.

I am completely at peace with Benning being back. Have said that a few times now. He is back, and he has my hope he will learn from his mistakes and do better. 

So in that same breath....you're not the team and expecting it to be what you want is your deal, not theirs.   Your vision may not be their vision, that's all.  There is a whole lot of hypocrisy in supporting the team as it is in your mind, not as it is.

Benning is part of the team and they've openly expressed wanting to play here and it seems they're not dissatisfied.  So why should we be?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

So in that same breath....you're not the team and expecting it to be what you want is your deal, not theirs.   Your vision may not be their vision, that's all.  There is a whole lot of hypocrisy in supporting the team as it is in your mind, not as it is.

Benning is part of the team and they've openly expressed wanting to play here and it seems they're not dissatisfied.  So why should we be?

Again, what part of my quote that you started your negative bs on did I mention Benning, the team, or anything other than the hypocrisy of people like you?

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Actually, you are missing the mark.

Negativity does not equal criticizing Benning. Your negativity towards me as an exsmple is still negativity.

One person took a picture of him in a store. Big deal. I saw a lot of people ragging on Gaudettes wife on here for something very similar to what Benning did.

Can you just go away already...everyone is done with you!!!