The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 02:00 AM

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wonder if Reaves will get a couple of games. 

Don't think he deserves supplemental suspension for that. He got major and match penalty.  That's good enough.. Maybe 1 game if Graves is hurt...

But apparently match penalty for intent to injure goes directly to NHL commissioner. He's temporarily suspended until review.

I'm listening to AVS post game show on Altitude Sports (AVS radio) and predictably they strongly disagree with me. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

You can't hit if you're ahead?  What kind of BS commentating is this?

They were basically quoting our beloved Juice from the second intermission so....if it’s BS commentating then it follows that it is BS from Bieksa also. They refer to what he said twice in this clip but if once is enough for you it’s very close to the beginning.

• Like 1

question about the 9 minute penalty

the only one I've ever seen except for Sestito in LA.

the announcers said Vegas got into the 5 minute penalty with 5 mins left,

so, they think 2-2-5

however Makar scores with 1:16 left and that wiped out the remaining time

I see Girard talking to the ref before the puck drops

So is there a rule that the penalties run 2-2-5 or is it 5-2-2?

or do they run in order they are called?

if so I thought 2 high stick goalie, 2 rough, 5 knee/attempt to injure

does any one know the rule on this?

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

They were basically quoting our beloved Juice from the second intermission so....if it’s BS commentating then it follows that it is BS from Bieksa also. They refer to what he said twice in this clip but if once is enough for you it’s very close to the beginning.

It's a little different from what he refers to Juice as saying.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yes it is but only slightly. I think he said he wasn’t against the hit but if you do make that hit then you better be prepared for what follows. I know I’m paraphrasing but I think that’s close. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not absolving Reaves of anything. I think he should be suspended for the knee on the head.  I don’t think the commentators were saying you can’t make that hit either, at least no more than Juice was.

• Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Don't think he deserves supplemental suspension for that. He got major and match penalty.  That's good enough.. Maybe 1 game if Graves is hurt...

But apparently match penalty for intent to injure goes directly to NHL commissioner. He's temporarily suspended until review.

I'm listening to AVS post game show on Altitude Sports (AVS radio) and predictably they strongly disagree with me. 

Play happened halfway though the third in an already decided game.  That penalty is zero deterrent.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

blinder off Deb.

its not a rule, it is common sense, don't poke the bear.

no different than way back when matt Cooke take a run at inginla when the Flames were playing poorly,

Iginla burried the Canucks that game

again, not a rule in the book, just common sense.

there is a lot of talk around here about the Canucks developing a "pack mentality"

if you want to see what that really looks like, look at Vegas,

they have a goon in Reeves, but Patches hits and Carrier hits and Holden hits and Stone, and Peterangelo and Hague

ps this should be a fun series

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

blinder off Deb.

its not a rule, it is common sense, don't poke the bear.

no different than way back when matt Cooke take a run at inginla when the Flames were playing poorly,

Iginla burried the Canucks that game

again, not a rule in the book, just common sense.

there is a lot of talk around here about the Canucks developing a "pack mentality"

if you want to see what that really looks like, look at Vegas,

they have a goon in Reeves, but Patches hits and Carrier hits and Holden hits and Stone, and Peterangelo and Hague

ps this should be a fun series

You have to be blind to put a spin on Reaves' antics that makes them ok.  I happen to see quite clearly.

Vegas is an entitled team...they think they deserve to win.  That's the driving force here...ego and entitlement.  Avs showed up, Vegas failed (miserably).  And reacted.  Too bad they had little to show on the scoreboard though.  That's what counts here.  

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So what was his excuse here?

@Alflives

Sure he’s a goon, and he’s paid big money to be that kind of player.  I’m hoping he keeps his eyes set on Graves, and he doesn’t target the Avs’ top guys.  I’m thinking about teams that the hated Leafs (if they get through) might play, and want those teams to be at their best.  The Graves’ hit made the chances for the Avs to get a top player or two injured (by a goon like Reaves) more likely.  I just want the Leafs to lose, and know a full Avs team would accomplish that.  But an injured Avs team might not.  

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

bruh. there was only 10 minutes left in the game xD tf outta here "thats good enough" rofl

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yes it is but only slightly. I think he said he wasn’t against the hit but if you do make that hit then you better be prepared for what follows. I know I’m paraphrasing but I think that’s close. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not absolving Reaves of anything. I think he should be suspended for the knee on the head.  I don’t think the commentators were saying you can’t make that hit either, at least no more than Juice was.

Didn’t that same commentator suggest Graves might not really be hurt so badly?  And didn’t Graves come back into the game?  I don’t know this Graves player, but he seems to be a bit of a rat.  Is he?  

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

bruh. there was only 10 minutes left in the game xD tf outta here "thats good enough" rofl

Right...let's compare it to say...Edler's suspension.  Shall we?  The act and then the punishment.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You have to be blind to put a spin on Reaves' antics that makes them ok.  I happen to see quite clearly.

are you calling me blind?

Reeves got 9 minutes in penalties, in case you hadn't noticed

he got a match which will be reviewed. did you also miss that?

who is blind deb?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t that same commentator suggest Graves might not really be hurt so badly?  And didn’t Graves come back into the game?  I don’t know this Graves player, but he seems to be a bit of a rat.  Is he?  

Solid throwback defenseman who plays tough.  I like his game a lot.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lmm said:

are you calling me blind?

Reeves got 9 minutes in penalties, in case you hadn't noticed

he got a match which will be reviewed. did you also miss that?

who is blind deb?

You decide.  

Blinders, blind, I'm not sure what's obstructing the view of those who justify Reaves' antics.  He's obvious.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can’t say I’ve seen him play like that, he’s just a big solid hitter as far as I know.

• Thanks 1