The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 02:00 AM

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

I thought that the objective was to win a hockey game. Do you really believe that Vegas will now go out of their way to hurt players?  Not the best strategy for winning a cup. They’re mad about crapping the bed and this game was out of hand, so yeah, they took their runs at the Avs.

Next game it will be back to business as usual.

Right?  I'm glad you get it.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I thought that the objective was to win a hockey game. Do you really believe that Vegas will now go out of their way to hurt players?  Not the best strategy for winning a cup. They’re mad about crapping the bed and this game was out of hand, so yeah, they took their runs at the Avs.

Next game it will be back to business as usual.

You’re funny.  You think guys like Reeves kneeling on Graves’ head aren’t trying to hurt them?  You think guys dropping the gloves and face punching aren’t trying to hurt the other guy?  You think guys catching a guy with his head down with a hard hit (and a bit high like what Graves’ did) aren’t trying to hurt the other guy?  This is my concern.  The Avs will go through and play the Leafs, a series they should easily win, but they lose because a key top player (or two) were injured in This Vegas series.  And it all started with that stupid Graves’ hit.  I personally wanted the Avs to win this series in a pillow fight.  Then they destroy the Leafs.  

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You’re funny.  You think guys like Reeves kneeling on Graves’ head aren’t trying to hurt them?  You think guys dropping the gloves and face punching aren’t trying to hurt the other guy?  You think guys catching a guy with his head down with a hard hit (and a bit high like what Graves’ did) aren’t trying to hurt the other guy?  This is my concern.  The Avs will go through and play the Leafs, a series they should easily win, but they lose because a key top player (or two) were injured in This Vegas series.  And it all started with that stupid Graves’ hit.  I personally wanted the Avs to win this series in a pillow fight.  Then they destroy the Leafs.  

Oh man, can you imagine if it's Vegas vs. Toronto?  Lose lose situation for me. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hockey 101. Don’t overplay your cheapshot artists against skilled teams that will destroy you when you get caught out of position. 
I am glad that the Avs aren’t afraid to lay on the body from time to time.

If you don’t hit Vegas they are not going to suddenly be nice guys and not punish you. You did see how they pushed our favourite team around last year. 

FWIW your take on the Leafs :lol:. They might be golfing by Tuesday. Leafs-Avs is the stuff of Fever dreams.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hahaha was it you that linked The Hockey guy's videos before?  No idea who linked it but I really like his channel.  

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Hockey 101. Don’t overplay your cheapshot artists against skilled teams that will destroy you when you get caught out of position. 

If you don’t hit Vegas they are not going to suddenly be nice guys and not punish you. You did see how they pushed our favourite team around last year. 

FWIW your take on the Leafs :lol:. They might be golfing by Tuesday. Leafs-Avs is the stuff of Fever dreams.

If the Leafs go out tomorrow, then all will be good. :towel:

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I have to disagree with you on that one...  I actually thought that Vegas stuck to mostly playing hockey against us except for the cheap hit on Motte by Reaves.  I mean there was lots of chirping, but they didn't really try and take our guys out as much as they've done in some other series. 

One more thing, when people talk about getting a tough guy on the team, in my mind it doesn't really matter if it's not a guy that can keep up with guys like Reaves and Lucic.  There's only 4-5 of them around the league, otherwise I wouldn't even bother. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Avalanche lead series 1-0

The Avs sure play an entertaining style of hockey. Kadri would return to the lineup if this series goes the distance. Wonder how his presence would have raised the temperature in tonight’s game. 

Edited by PistolPete13

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

DeBoer mentioned after the game the reason they went with Lehner in Game 1 was because Fleury was coming off a series playing seven games in 14 days. I think the logical sense would be to go with a rested Fleury in Game 2.

Oh of course! Sorry  I misread your post and thought you meant they were starting Lehner again...

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

DeBoer mentioned after the game the reason they went with Lehner in Game 1 was because Fleury was coming off a series playing seven games in 14 days. I think the logical sense would be to go with a rested Fleury in Game 2.

and we'll be seeing lehner again to start the 2nd period

• Haha 3