The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 02:00 AM

I have noticed since the Tom Wilson incident was not punished, there has been a lot of dangerous takedowns going on. They were there before but I have seen several around the league where it seems obvious the intent is to seriously injure a guy.

Nurse on Mac, Reaves last night. Both should have been suspensions.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I have noticed since the Tom Wilson incident was not punished, there has been a lot of dangerous takedowns going on. They were there before but I have seen several around the league where it seems obvious the intent is to seriously injure a guy.

It seems to me that by not suspending Wilson, the NHL and the dopes at the DoPS essentially declared it open season. Most players in the NHL must be confused by the complete lack of consistency in the officiating and discipline, and are letting the chips fall where they may. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It seems to me that by not suspending Wilson, the NHL and the dopes at the DoPS essentially declared it open season. Most players in the NHL must be confused by the complete lack of consistency in the officiating and discipline, and are letting the chips fall where they may. 

Pretty much. The danger here is it can lead to headhunting and injuries. What stops a team from saying "Hey we just need one of our bottom players to injure x player and we can win this series"

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Pretty much. The danger here is it can lead to headhunting and injuries. What stops a team from saying "Hey we just need one of our bottom players to injure x player and we can win this series"

Exactly. Be consistent with the entire league, star player or plug. Penalize players who cross the line with far more severity, and the rest of the players will know exactly where the line is drawn. Instead, there is no solid line, and players are taking far more liberties with each other, which is amounting to players being seriously injured. I love the physicality of hockey and don't want to see it toned down.

Players like Reaves and Wilson are, as Charlie Murphy once said about Rick James, Charlie-Murphy.gif

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

That’s just embarrassing. How can he expect anyone to ever take him seriously again!

It's what coaches have to do...

Like Julien defending Marchand for submarining Salo and bob Hartley claiming (with a straight face) that he sent his goons out for the opening face off against the Canucks "because they had been playing well".....

There really isn't a bridge too far for a coach trying to defend the indefensible....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Reaves was also guilty of a cheap shot on Ryan Suter in the series against Minny....

Cross check from behind (seems like RR does a lot of that for a "tough guy") that sent Suter face first into the goal post....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Reaves was also guilty of a cheap shot on Ryan Suter in the series against Minny....

Cross check from behind (seems like RR does a lot of that for a "tough guy") that sent Suter face first into the goal post....

Reaves is such a dirty player, which is strange considering his strength and pugilistic ability. Why such a "tough" player has to result to dirty, dangerous play is beyond me. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Reaves is such a dirty player, which is strange considering his strength and pugilistic ability. Why such a "tough" player has to result to dirty, dangerous play is beyond me. 

There are two types of tough guys....guys who can throw down, but live by the code, like Georges Laraque....and guys who just like to fight do as much damage as possible, like Zac Rinaldo...

It's pretty clear which camp Reaves is in....

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There are two types of tough guys....guys who can throw down, but live by the code, like Georges Laraque....and guys who just like to fight do as much damage as possible, like Zac Rinaldo...

It's pretty clear which camp Reaves is in....

True. While I know many folks had issue with Gudbranson when he was a Canuck, I liked the Canucks having a legit tough customer who played by the code. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Bahaha :lol:

Gloves never came off so it was clean, nothing to see here guys!

What a muppet...

I mean. Bertuzzi never took his gloves off either come to think of it. :bigblush:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Have you seen his last few fights?  I don't think he won any one of them.  He is overrated as a fighter right now.  Adam Lowry beat him up and Evander Kane stood toe to toe with him.  He'll be gone in a year or two maximum once the players find out he can't fight like he used to.  Every goon has their day.  His reputation is the only thing keeping him in the league.  Graves is actually a tough guy.  He should have taken the gloves off and went at it.  You never know, he could have gotten in a good shot or two and ended the shenanigans.

If Reaves is allowed to continue to play Colorado should just call up their toughest goon from the AHL and let him play on the 4th line.  They are so good they only need 11 forwards to win.  The goon they call up should immediately drop the gloves with Reaves and see what happens.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Have you seen his last few fights?  I don't think he won any one of them.  He is overrated as a fighter right now.  Adam Lowry beat him up and Evander Kane stood toe to toe with him.  He'll be gone in a year or two maximum once the players find out he can't fight like he used to.  Every goon has their day.  His reputation is the only thing keeping him in the league.  Graves is actually a tough guy.  He should have taken the gloves off and went at it.  You never know, he could have gotten in a good shot or two and ended the shenanigans.

If Reaves is allowed to continue to play Colorado should just call up their toughest goon from the AHL and let him play on the 4th line.  They are so good they only need 11 forwards to win.  The goon they call up should immediately drop the gloves with Reaves and see what happens.  

This will give Colorado the impetus they need to absolutely destroy Las Vegas. Go Avalanche Go!

Reaves a turd. I'd love to see him go toe to toe against Gudbranson, Lucic, or Chara. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This will give Colorado the impetus they need to absolutely destroy Las Vegas. Go Avalanche Go!

Reaves a turd. I'd love to see him go toe to toe against Gudbranson, Lucic, or Chara. 

He can't even beat up Lowry or Deslauriers.  Good luck to Reaves against a pissed off Chara, Lucic or Gudbranson...

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The guy is a massive piece of $&!# who needs to get Churla'd out of the league. 

Edited by Gnarcore