The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 02:00 AM

Just now, oldnews said:

One thing I'd say about the way the Avs are built....

Their top 3 minute D:

Toews 191 lbs

Makar 187

Girard 170

Vegas is obviously going to come at those guys,.

Forward group really needs to assist/puck support that group vs the Vegas puckhounding and forecheck

(Neither Byram nor Timmins are particularly big guys either.)

Yup.  Forwards need to slow down the forecheck, and get below their hash marks for quick outs.  

• Cheers 1

I'm going to buy tickets to Vegas for a Western Conference Finals when we play them in 2023.  That arena looks pretty fun, not gonna lie.

32 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I really thought that Canucks played Vegas perfectly last year.  Stayed away from any scrums and kept it between whistles.  

Vegas is just a much much better team then us but I expect that to shift in two years as both teams get older.  

I agree.  And the Canucks were limping into that series - particularly down the middle.

Miller was injured - playing harm reduction hockey.

Boeser could barely take a wrister.

Toffoli could barely skate - he was a liability (no fault of his own) - the Horvat line wasn't really able to produce.

Sutter was also on the wing - playing injured - leaving a highly exposed Gaudette - that the team wasn't particularly able to 'hide' given the state of Miller and Sutter.

Nevetheless - an extremely gutsy counterpunch effort - excellent gameplanning imo.  I find it ironic when people suggest Green got outcoached or is unable to make adjustments - the adjustments were borderline patently obvious - and almost patchworked them through that round - really, they were practically one Boeser transition snipe from advancing.

• Upvote 1