The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, Brad Marchand said:

Knights are a bunch of frontrunners and always have been.

Everything's all fine and dandy when things go their way, but once you get them on their heels they come unhinged like this. Getting owned by the Caps in the Cup Final, all the blown 3-1 series leads, Demko getting in their heads, and now this.

Boy, this aged well.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3
On 6/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, ey40 said:

I think the second-round Avs are back - unstoppable in the first round, vulnerable in the second round.

This is how the best-of-3 will go down:

Game 5 - Vegas - CHECKED

Game 6 - Avs

Game 7 - Vegas

Ok, Game 5 went as planned.

BTW where is MacKinnon and Landeskog after Game 2?

I think Makar gets way to much praise. People calling him the best D in the league but when the 2 big boys go cold Makar does as well. In the playoffs he has 1 even-strength point in the playoffs and 2 secondary assists that didn't have Mac or Rant. He's a heck of a player but the guy gets so many gimme's on the pp, I just don't see what everyone else sees. 

• Hydration 1

The Golden Knights have the advantage next game by playing in front of the home crowd and have the chance to end it there. They also know they don’t want to go to Game 7 because that is when Kadri will return from his suspension. The Avalance are definitely in a tough position right now.

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think Makar gets way to much praise. People calling him the best D in the league but when the 2 big boys go cold Makar does as well. In the playoffs he has 1 even-strength point in the playoffs and 2 secondary assists that didn't have Mac or Rant. He's a heck of a player but the guy gets so many gimme's on the pp, I just don't see what everyone else sees. 

He’s unreal. And only 22. Not his fault his team has lost 3 in a row. 

• Vintage 1

Bah.  The momentum swings in this series are pretty dramatic... not sure what that indicates.....a couple teams that are both capable of pressuring the hell out of an opponent, but also somewhat vulnerable to being jumped on in kind?

If Vegas does take this series - it'll certainly amp up the hate next series - nothing I'd love to see more than the Habs knock them off.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights lead series 3-2
2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Vegas did a good job of exposing Makar.Bednar didn’t really have much answers for that matchup 

• Hydration 1
Just now, Pickly said:

He’s unreal. And only 22. Not his fault his team has lost 3 in a row. 

That's not my point. My point was he is more of a product of them and the last 3 games show that. He's a great player just way overrated when polls are created calling him the best in the league and he will get 10+ million a year is all I. Saying.

The real story here is how Flower totally bounced back after giving up that bad goal.

La premier etoile - Flower

La deuxieme etoile - Flower

La troisieme etoile - Flower

Dude is mentally tough. He stole this game. 

• Hydration 1
13 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Boy, this aged well.

I thought was hoping the Avs would win this series in 3 games.

Sometimes we let our disgust/contempt make our 'predictions' for us.

But there's still time for Vegas to blow it, so here's hoping...

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

That's not my point. My point was he is more of a product of them and the last 3 games show that. He's a great player just way overrated when polls are created calling him the best in the league and he will get 10+ million a year is all I. Saying.

Meh, agree to disagree. He’s a phenomenal player although I won’t label him yet as the best in the league. I’d take Hedman 10/10 over him at the moment and in a playoff series at this point but that being said what he’s capable of becoming is scary and what’s being said of him is not far fetched. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic