The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2021 at 02:00 AM

14 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

It's so hard to win the cup. Vegas 4 times now in conf final in 5 yrs? 

This, is reminding me so much of when the Colorado Avalanche were gifted with a Stanley Cup quality (winning) franchise in their freakin’ debut year/season.

How spoiled rotten was that?! 

Feeling the same way about these Golden Knights’ fans, now. 

Avalanche fans can feel just a portion of the pain that the truest of hockey-fans & loyalists regularly feel. Thanks for gettin’ real. 

Prediction: 

Habs will take down the Golden Knights.

Make it so!  

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2
8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You say that, but Montreal has been slept on the last two rounds 

Unpopular opinion.

Habs are very overrated. They got a Toronto team without Tavares after the first period of Game 1. Then despite leading 3-1 in the series, the Leafs knocked themselves out with their pathetic and inconsistent play in games 5-7.

Winnipeg had a lot of rust in game 1, but the turning point was the hit Scheifele conducted on Evans and he gets 4 games (for a guy with 0 prior history).

Habs also thrived playing against Canadian teams over the last few seasons (10-3-2 record last season), but are absolute garbage against American teams (if you do the math, 21-28-7 last sesaon). They were also the only team got swept in their season series agains the 2019-20 Red Wings. They lost not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 games to Detroit last year. They got lucky being put into a pool of teams where they have a good record against. And especially the Canucks, for some reason, even when we were a godo team, we struggled against them. This divsion is gift wrapped for them. They fluke into the playoffs and fluke into 2 series wins. I don't care what anybody say, and you can downvote me all you want, but this is the most overrated team in Canada at the moment.

In a regular 82 game schedule where they have to play everybody, they are always a mediocre team and I am willing to be they miss the playoffs next year.

PS: I don't hate the Habs, in fact them, Senators and Jets are the 3 Canadian teams that I like (Canucks not included obviously), but i just feel like this is a year circumstances align for them to have these kind of success.