The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WDF: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (2) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hmm people still discounting the Habs I see. 

Play time is over for them.

They’re only in this position because of favourable realignment and pathetic opponents.

If this were a regular season they get bounced by the Panthers. Their first legit opponent in Vegas is gonna steamroll them wait and see. 

• Hydration 2
43 minutes ago, ey40 said:

I am not sure how Sakic feels seeing Semyon Varlamov led the Islanders to the Final 4 and his team went out in the second round again.

Brings back the Cloutier years.  Sakic unwilling to part with an asset for a bonafide goalie even if they play as a 1B as insurance.  

So apparently having a really good powerplay gets you less calls in the playoffs.

Same thing happened to the Lightning in 2011. They were torching the Bruins on the powerplay so guess what? Zero calls in game 7.

Only way for a non favoured team to win is to be disciplined and dominant 5 on 5.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, StiffStick33 said:

Expansion teams are a cheat code. Scares me to think about what Seattle might look like the next few years.

It doesn't benefit the league if, Seattle would struggle from the gate cause when the nostalgia is gone - the league will have another Yotes in there hand; whereas, with Vegas' success it has certainly created alot of fans from a non hockey market - but the true test will come when there competitive window closes.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This stat is ridiculous.

Bargain alert! We should totally trade for him while his value is low.  

What’s the chances he does it again?  Statistically, he’s basically the least likely guy to get suspended in the playoffs at this point. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

Well as much as I hate to see Vegas succeed maybe now people will finally shut up about Colorado since they haven't done anything yet.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Apricot said:

So this is what happens when people find out that I am a woman. 

Sir, I am a married woman. 

I’m a married man, we can bring our spouses…….oh…..you thought…….shame on you.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well played, Predators.

Don’t get it but dissing a team in the final 4 when you’re already golfing is kinda sad.