The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Domi - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Trade - Hoglander

Yes, please.

That's a solid top 9. If we can get a two-way C for our 3rd line along with a great Top 4D to play with Hughes, we'll definitely be up there as an elite team, depending on how Podz pans out. 

Edited by KingRaj91

50 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Domi - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Trade - Hoglander

Yes, please.

OMG that’s good.

it feels right, and potent offensively.

DOMI - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

That could be absolutely deadly.

I see a lot of a young Trevor Linden [ his play and leadership OK not the scoring touch ...yet ] before he was switched to center in Podkolzin . Mostly from what I have read and the little I have been able to watch him play . Once they stopped treating him like a ping-pong ball over there he really started to set himself apart . The thought that he will only ever be a third line guy is non-sense . He was a top 3 talent in his draft year and will be considered one of the best draft picks  the Canucks have ever made in a few years . at the very worst I see him as a second line player in his prime But once he gets some experience in the NHL I see our First line winger for many years to come .  Only the coaching staff wanting to keep the Lotto line together decides how long it will be until than . I am so excited to watch him grow into a complete player and get to play in a steady environment 

2 hours ago, Nurnge said:

I see a lot of a young Trevor Linden [ his play and leadership OK not the scoring touch ...yet ] before he was switched to center in Podkolzin . Mostly from what I have read and the little I have been able to watch him play . Once they stopped treating him like a ping-pong ball over there he really started to set himself apart . The thought that he will only ever be a third line guy is non-sense . He was a top 3 talent in his draft year and will be considered one of the best draft picks  the Canucks have ever made in a few years . at the very worst I see him as a second line player in his prime But once he gets some experience in the NHL I see our First line winger for many years to come .  Only the coaching staff wanting to keep the Lotto line together decides how long it will be until than . I am so excited to watch him grow into a complete player and get to play in a steady environment 

I see Messier skills without the cocaine or the ego.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, Alflives said:

Pods grew 2 to 3 inches over the last year, and is only recently adjusting to his new size.  As we saw in the most recent K playoffs, Pods is adjusting very well

He's an amazing player, who will help us win games in a variety of ways.  

The fact he grew that much and having to adjust is a very good point. It happened to me and it took a few months. 

On 6/4/2021 at 11:53 PM, Me_ said:

Damn. Buy low.

Myers straight up? Would fit both teams I believe. Columbus is a good trading partner for us and I always loved the idea of Domi as a top 9F on our team, so if there are no red flags on his health long term I'm all for playing the patient game here.

Not sure what we could offer up in a trade otherwise though? Sign and trade for both Jones and Domi for our 1st +? Don't want Jones cap hit though and I don't think they price we'd have to pay is worth it.

9 minutes ago, J-P said:

Myers straight up? Would fit both teams I believe. Columbus is a good trading partner for us and I always loved the idea of Domi as a top 9F on our team, so if there are no red flags on his health long term I'm all for playing the patient game here.

Not sure what we could offer up in a trade otherwise though? Sign and trade for both Jones and Domi for our 1st +? Don't want Jones cap hit though and I don't think they price we'd have to pay is worth it.

Jones cap hit?

5.4 is a bargain