Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin


Recommended Posts

Good, I been a Pod fan since before the draft. Now, Tryamkin. Where you at? Don't get greedy, take a 1 year show me deal. Lets get this going.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Provost said:

Nobody said they did.  Please cite where I suggested that.  I mean you wouldn’t just be making up random stuff to invent an argument.

 

It is the organizational brass that can decide that evaluating young players at the end of a lost season is more important than winning a couple games.

 

Hoping we don’t magically start winning after we get eliminated isn’t the same as saying you think that the players are trying to lose.

Yeah, players understand that these meaningless games, have no real benefit to the team cause there will be some roster changes coming in the offseason and personally, it is about padding there stats.  I get it - nothing new among fanbases of all sports teams: the bullying tactics of labeling, shaming then crickets, seems to be a known tactics by the 'true fans'.

 

Back to the OP - great add to the roster; hope he earns his spot (like EP) from day one and doesn't give the staff any chance to even sit him.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Good, I been a Pod fan since before the draft. Now, Tryamkin. Where you at? Don't get greedy, take a 1 year show me deal. Lets get this going.

Staying with the K, I don't think he comes back to the NHL.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Good, I been a Pod fan since before the draft. Now, Tryamkin. Where you at? Don't get greedy, take a 1 year show me deal. Lets get this going.

Get over it.  
He don’t love you. 
He is never coming back

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Jimmy there is a lot of folks on this site, with honest views that don't see everything so black and white.   It's easy to be swept up into the black - things looked very dark after the Sedin teams - massive massive boots to fill.    Not sure if that is part of it but do feel that it might be.  I haven't watched this team as long as anyone who has for 50 years.   Didn't really start paying a lot of attention until the late 80's (but did enjoy adding the stickers to our 81 run as a kid).  Not a fan of expansion or the cap but understand it was needed.   Don't and will never understand why so much hate on the team though.   Remember a time when folks wore Ryan Walter jerseys, and Diduck or the House Sandlak, or Butchers with pride.   Absolutely things could be better.  And for sure things could be a lot worse.   Why not take the high road at least for another year?  Or two.   JB isn't perfect but he is human.  And to me at least, he's also part of the team and until he stops drafting kids that are so easy to like don't see an issue with keeping him on.    These things take a ton of time nowadays.   At least with cap and expansion there is also hope every single post season, unlike pre-cap going up against powerhouses after powerhouses too.   Also think below is funny, to add to the humour ... yes he's in some peoples heads rent free.   Time to relax and just let the chips fall where they will.   Nobody is leaving.  Teams still aligned from top to bottom.  Nobody wants out either. 

 

Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

I was actually a Whalers fan before I was a Canucks fan, when I lived in SK. Part of that was the tv schedule didn't work well to watch the Canucks, and I liked the underdog nature of the Whalers. But then I moved out here in the 90s and got the bug watching Bure. 

 

I don't know where the anger comes from with some folks on here, but its too much. I hope Seattle takes some of them from us. 

 

 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The way this kid plays, he's going to have an immediate impact. The future is finally arriving!!

 

And to think Podz will be here just as Hoglander, Rathbone, and (hopefully) Lockwood take big leaps forward next season as well. 

 

I'm super pumped for next season already! 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was actually a Whalers fan before I was a Canucks fan, when I lived in SK. Part of that was the tv schedule didn't work well to watch the Canucks, and I liked the underdog nature of the Whalers. But then I moved out here in the 90s and got the bug watching Bure. 

 

I don't know where the anger comes from with some folks on here, but its too much. I hope Seattle takes some of them from us. 

 

 

 

I will put the ugly face bag over my head right now for saying this.   Like a lot of kids in BC where i grew up, the Oilers in the 80's were too much to ignore and it was my first experience loving hockey.  Even in 1981.   All i wanted was my four stickers to complete the foil Wayne Gretzky (missed his right leg) part of the book he was shattering records already. It was completely unreal even for a kid in grade four.    So get anyone else who started somewhere else but became a fan later.   Enjoyed Oilers last cup with Ranford .,, But by then was as a Canucks fan and old enough to make up my own mind.     Canucks in the 90's were my favourite teams ...  Bure was a special player no doubt and made a lot of fans all on his own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IBatch said:

I will put the ugly face bag over my head right now for saying this.  

 

:lol:

Just now, IBatch said:

 

Like a lot of kids in BC where i grew up, the Oilers in the 80's were too much to ignore and it was my first experience loving hockey.  Even in 1981.   All i wanted was my four stickers to complete the foil Wayne Gretzky (missed his right leg) part of the book he was shattering records already. It was completely unreal even for a kid in grade four.    So get anyone else who started somewhere else but became a fan later.   Enjoyed Oilers last cup with Ranford .,, But by then was as a Canucks fan and old enough to make up my own mind.     Canucks in the 90's were my favourite teams ...  Bure was a special player no doubt and made a lot of fans all on his own. 

I absolutely loathed watching Oilers games back then :P probably another reason I didn't watch the 'nucks much back then. Pretty sure we only had 3 channels to watch then too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s got the physical attributes,” Canucks general manager Jim Benning told The Athletic on Sunday. “At 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, he’s a physically strong kid, and he plays a solid two-way game. His attention to detail for a young player is very good. He’s got that 200-foot game, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The way this kid plays, he's going to have an immediate impact. The future is finally arriving!!

 

And to think Podz will be here just as Hoglander, Rathbone, and (hopefully) Lockwood take big leaps forward next season as well. 

 

I'm super pumped for next season already! 

This^

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We knew this was coming but it's still nice to see.  Don't sleep on this guy:  his game grew a lot this year and he's NHL-ready.  Start him in the top 6 like Hoglander and see how he responds.  I'm betting he doesn't look back. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a pretty good idea he was coming over and wants to be here. But this signing is bigger then people may think. Not that Podkolzin is that guy but anytime you draft a Russian there is moderate risk of him not coming over or playing in the K longer. 
 

Im so excited for this guy. Going to be a beauty along with the other kids! Woooo

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick Dhaliwal
 

NHL scout on Podkolzin - He is a highly skilled forward who can play in all situations. His compete, drive and will to win are world class. He will become a fan favourite.

 

Petty, Hughes, Hog.......Podkolzin, Rathbone...can you smell what Benning is cooking!

  • Like 3
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...