The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

1 hour ago, combover said:

Great !!

and even better we didn’t even have to throw away a year for ten pointless games.

thank you  Russia for selecting him. 

dunno, its nice to have that 10.2(c) RFA status too, prevents an offer sheet like with Hughes this offseason. 

• Cheers 3

Pods was top 3 talent when He was drafted . Has done nothing to disprove that . Biggest steal in that Draft . Can't wait to See him in a Playing in a Canucks Jersey . Only hope they don't start him off in Abbottsford . ya know New team Best Shiny New thing Butts in seats . Although I really can't see this happening . 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

dunno, its nice to have that 10.2(c) RFA status too, prevents an offer sheet like with Hughes this offseason. 

How many offer sheets have there been since it came in?how many happened? and of that how many worked out for the team that successfully offer sheeted ( Dustin penner lol) 

it’s hardly a threat. 
The Only fans that should be worried are ones who have a Gms that have mismanaged the salary cap.

An extra full year of a player on a entry deal well worth the extremely low risk in the cap era. 

E532B98D-381B-42D9-B4F5-8409650A2A2C.jpeg

Edited by combover

2 hours ago, Dannydog said:

Is there any timeline for him coming to Van? Maybe off season training with someone? Looking into a place to live?

Well, he needs to get the Canadian work visa first and for any Russian this is going to take a month as a minimum time frame...

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

BB came in at 22 best prospect in the world his rookie year.   EP came in at number one.  QHs at 10.  Podz anywhere from 10-18th right now.   There is nothing in the way from him also getting "pencilled in" as a top six forward, it's what is actually expected. 

Well... The difference is when boeser came up he was playing behind the sedins.

Pettersson came up with the intention that Horvat was going to be the main offensive driver course he blew up everybody's expectations

QH well our defense was starved for a talent like him but still came in with a veteran core group around him.. didn't edler and myers take the PP at the start anyways?

Anyways this is all I'm saying. If we got the talent in the top 6 seems better to control his start. Hey if he jumps in training camp and a few games on fire and also maybe during games jumble the lines around to see what happens

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goblix said:

Well... The difference is when boeser came up he was playing behind the sedins.

Pettersson came up with the intention that Horvat was going to be the main offensive driver course he blew up everybody's expectations

QH well our defense was starved for a talent like him but still came in with a veteran core group around him.. didn't edler and myers take the PP at the start anyways?

Anyways this is all I'm saying. If we got the talent in the top 6 seems better to control his start. Hey if he jumps in training camp and a few games on fire and also maybe during games jumble the lines around to see what happens

Is there any part of how Pods plays that Green won’t love?  Green will play to win games, and he will quickly learn that Pods helps his team do that. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

When i heard Stan Smyl drunk speak his name on the podium, i said “wtf wtf wtf”.

Steamer mangling Pod's last name though slightly awkward, was mostly hilarious!

4 hours ago, Nurnge said:

Pods was top 3 talent when He was drafted . Has done nothing to disprove that . Biggest steal in that Draft . Can't wait to See him in a playing in a Canucks jersey. 

JB accepted the two year Russia risk taking a possible 3rd OA at 10th OA when he fell.

Now he's our's for a full 3 year ELC.

Sounds and feels like a plan....nearing fruition. 

Edited by Cat Man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Steamer mangling Pod's last name was slightly awkward though mostly hilarious!

JB accepted the two year Russia risk taking a possible 3rd OA at 10th OA when he fell.

Now he's our's for a full 3 year ELC.

Sounds and feels like a plan....nearing fruition. 

I'm just happy they didn't accidentally draft some other guy with a name that sounds a bit closer to what was pronounced.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, joe-max said:

I'm just happy they didn't accidentally draft some other guy with a name that sounds a bit closer to what was pronounced.

We could have ended up with some fellow from Borat's neck of the woods by the sounds of Smyl's draft stage "mangulation":frantic: 

Edited by Cat Man
  • Haha 1

I watched Podz play a bit and didn't really see any weaknesses besides maybe his skating. For people who've watched him play more, are their any other weaknesses to his game? Or maybe some things he can improve on? I think he'll be a hell of a player for us and I'm super stoked to see him play in the fall!