The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

I paid 2020 up front and they offered to give me the money back or they keep it for something. Maybe a $200 giftcard for the stadium, can't remember.

I have decent seniority on season tickets and may be finally moving lower bowl this year.

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

I paid 2020 up front and they offered to give me the money back or they keep it for something. Maybe a $200 giftcard for the stadium, can't remember.

I have decent seniority on season tickets and may be finally moving lower bowl this year.

Another "write-off" for tax purposes for multi-millionaire broker AriGold.:metal:

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, AriGold said:

Hope you plan on going to all the games because there will likely be low demand for resale tickets (especially high priced lower bowls) based on the dismal performance of the team - let alone I suspect that season ticket renewals will be bad due to the economic impact of Covid and lingering Covid fears of attending large gatherings for some time to come so there will be plenty of cheap tickets available right at the box office (possibly discounted) right up to game time - like back in the 1970's and 80's when our teams were almost as bad as this current team. 

My suggestion if your absolutely hell-bent on renewing is buying the cheapest upper bowl IV's,  so you reduce your loses on games you can't attend.  Maybe in a couple of years make a move to lower bowl when the team is likely going to be better and there is more interest in attending.  Your seniority will only get better too, so you'll be in a belter position for seat selection.   

Am I still allowed to post here even though I gave up my tickets? :sadno:

I hope there is demand this year. I wouldn't feel bitter. Part of me thinks with Seattle coming in and covid ending it could be a really awesome year. Canucks could go deep and rejuvinate the hockey spirit in the city. They are due.

I honestly just don't have time to go to that many games though and I don't have time to sell tickets. It took a lot of effort to sell tickets the last few years. Even on stubhub it took hours of uploading and stuff. Also stubhub is an awful company and I hated dealing with them.

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hope you plan on going to all the games because there will likely be low demand for resale tickets (especially high priced lower bowls) based on the dismal performance of the team - let alone I suspect that season ticket renewals will be bad due to the economic impact of Covid and lingering Covid fears of attending large gatherings for some time to come so there will be plenty of cheap tickets available right at the box office (possibly discounted) right up to game time - like back in the 1970's and 80's when our teams were almost as bad as this current team. 

My suggestion if your absolutely hell-bent on renewing is buying the cheapest upper bowl IV's,  so you reduce your loses on games you can't attend.  Maybe in a couple of years make a move to lower bowl when the team is likely going to be better and there is more interest in attending.  Your seniority will only get better too, so you'll be in a belter position for seat selection.   

I go to majority of the games, I take clients.

Tickets aren't that expensive, only 5K for 2 seats currently.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 2:46 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

I don't think it'll be that bad.  People are itching to do stuff after a year of not doing anything. People want things to go back to normal.

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

I don't think it'll be that bad.  People are itching to do stuff after a year of not doing anything. People want things to go back to normal.

Problem is that Canucks tickets are hardly cheap.  Sure people are 'itching to do stuff' but I'd imagine a fair number took a hit in their pocketbooks/wallets during this pandemic.  Some may have even lost their jobs.  And it's not just the tickets/season tickets that are expensive.  Food/drinks prices are insane.  Surprised there aren't pay toilets in the restrooms yet.

Now, Abby games (Canucks farm club), I could see a fair amount of interest in.  Far cheaper tickets but still decent level quality.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, Tilray_investor said:

I spoke with my rep. No more physical tickets. They are switching to digital tickets this coming season and saying because of covid 19. 

It seems like its been the last year for physical tickets for the last 5 years.  I think they were planning that regardless of covid.  Hopefully we get something else each year for a souvenir.  Online tickets are so much safer in the resale market.  

On 6/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, AriGold said:

I go to majority of the games, I take clients.

Tickets aren't that expensive, only 5K for 2 seats currently.

That $5000.00 is a typical Net months salary (after tax) for a good professional job and 2-3 months of Net earnings for typical lower wage job.  Question becomes, who wants to work 2-3 months of hard work just to see the Canucks - let alone in their present state of disarray????    Not many I suspect.    

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That $5000.00 is a typical Net months salary (after tax) for a good professional job and 2-3 months of Net earnings for typical lower wage job.  Question becomes, who wants to work 2-3 months of hard work just to see the Canucks - let alone in their present state of disarray????    Not many I suspect.    

That's what I make a week so it doesn't impact me that much.

Well, 3M people in the lower mainland, only around 5000-7000 STM. A lot are business expenses, very few are people actually going to each game as a general fan without any sort of write off.

The target audience is 150K and higher.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

10 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Problem is that Canucks tickets are hardly cheap.  Sure people are 'itching to do stuff' but I'd imagine a fair number took a hit in their pocketbooks/wallets during this pandemic.  Some may have even lost their jobs.  And it's not just the tickets/season tickets that are expensive.  Food/drinks prices are insane.  Surprised there aren't pay toilets in the restrooms yet.

Now, Abby games (Canucks farm club), I could see a fair amount of interest in.  Far cheaper tickets but still decent level quality.

Amount of cash in the hands of Canadians actually increased dramatically during the pandemic. Partially, due to lack of spending on travel and entertainment. There are multiple economic reports on this. I don't anticipate Financials being an issue for ticket buyers. Those who can't afford 5K for 2 tickets now were in the exact same boat pre-pandemic - they couldn't afford it back then either.

At the same time, 5K for 2 tickets seems like an upper bowl pricing (if it's a full season package).

Edited by RomanP

21 hours ago, AriGold said:

That's what I make a week so it doesn't impact me that much.

Well, 3M people in the lower mainland, only around 5000-7000 STM. A lot are business expenses, very few are people actually going to each game as a general fan without any sort of write off.

The target audience is 150K and higher.

Oh, well that makes sense then.  If I had that kind of money I'd get seasons tickets too in the lower.bowl.    Your very fortunate to be able to do that.    

On 6/4/2021 at 6:10 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

Am I still allowed to post here even though I gave up my tickets? :sadno:

I hope there is demand this year. I wouldn't feel bitter. Part of me thinks with Seattle coming in and covid ending it could be a really awesome year. Canucks could go deep and rejuvinate the hockey spirit in the city. They are due.

I honestly just don't have time to go to that many games though and I don't have time to sell tickets. It took a lot of effort to sell tickets the last few years. Even on stubhub it took hours of uploading and stuff. Also stubhub is an awful company and I hated dealing with them.

I see why not 

On 6/5/2021 at 9:19 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lots of other markets aren’t cheap either 

On 6/4/2021 at 2:46 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

That highlighted part makes me laugh.  Something tells me you weren't actually around during those years.  This is coming from someone who endured the Bill Laforge weeks (and the many, equally bad years before and after that).  I can tell you from personal experience, the current Canucks team is nowhere near as dismal as most of the teams during those decades.  If we had had a team with a Pettersson, a Hughes, a Demko, a Boeser, a Horvat, a Miller,  all at the same time,  we would have thought we'd died and gone to heaven (or somewhere similarly nice)!:lol:

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2