The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

Friends, I am confused.  What is happening with the games that were postponed and have now been rescheduled - if we sold such a game on TicketExchange, is that sale still valid?  The purchaser retains those tickets and uses them for the new date?  Or am I to post them again?  

5 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Friends, I am confused.  What is happening with the games that were postponed and have now been rescheduled - if we sold such a game on TicketExchange, is that sale still valid?  The purchaser retains those tickets and uses them for the new date?  Or am I to post them again?  

We as STH are reissued the tickets 

Question for you all, 

Had a buyer buy tix for one of the december rescheduled games and they can't go now which is totally fine. They can't transfer as its greyed out on their end and not in my account? 

EDIT: Totally realized the new dates only happened a couple of days ago. LOL. Will give them a day. 

Edited by FutureFilm

26 minutes ago, FutureFilm said:

Question for you all, 

Had a buyer buy tix for one of the december rescheduled games and they can't go now which is totally fine. They can't transfer as its greyed out on their end and not in my account? 

EDIT: Totally realized the new dates only happened a couple of days ago. LOL. Will give them a day. 

I’m unable to transfer or sell mine also , maybe wait till tomorrow after the general tickets go on sale at 10am

Good lord, now what?  Anyone ever receive an email from Ticketmaster that begins like this:  Congratulations your tickets have sold! Before we can pay you, we will need to collect your taxpayer information in accordance with applicable laws. We are also generally required to file a Form 1099-K report with the IRS if the gross amount of your sales on our marketplaces is $600 or more in a calendar year. Many states may also require that we report when you have made at least $600 in transactions on our marketplaces, although some states may require reporting based on different thresholds. When required, we will provide you a copy of any such reports.

Update:  Guess this is legit.  Thought it looked phishy when I first saw it.

Edited by SerenityNow
Adding new information.

10 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

That's what I had thought, so then it is odd that the Buffalo game I sold is still showing in my account as sold.  The Ottawa game, which I had also sold, is in some kind of limbo.  It is not showing as sold but I cannot list it.  The Seattle game I had sold, but I received an email saying the buyer requested a refunded so the tickets are being returned to me.  It still shows as sold at this point.  It's all over the place!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Oh hells bells.

I just saw this only to realize I lost the sale I made through Ticketmaster for today's game.

That's infuriating.

10 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

We got a email about this on Tuesday I believe, it said in the email we were getting tickets back

Said it once and I'll say it again, that'll learn me to check my emails better.

On the plus side, now I get to go on Sunday though I had previously sold those tickets too.

Edited by GKM56

On 1/21/2022 at 6:39 AM, SerenityNow said:

That's what I had thought, so then it is odd that the Buffalo game I sold is still showing in my account as sold.  The Ottawa game, which I had also sold, is in some kind of limbo.  It is not showing as sold but I cannot list it.  The Seattle game I had sold, but I received an email saying the buyer requested a refunded so the tickets are being returned to me.  It still shows as sold at this point.  It's all over the place!

Same here.  My leafs and Seattle games were returned to my account.  Leafs game should be good since it’s 50% capacity.  Seattle game will be a hard sell compare to Xmas time 

I had two pairs of leafs tix which I had sold.

so far only one pair had been returned to my account.  The other pair was still showing as sold.

I wonder if the buyer got an option to opt for refund , or to just  keep the tickets?

so confusing

1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

Same here.  My leafs and Seattle games were returned to my account.  Leafs game should be good since it’s 50% capacity.  Seattle game will be a hard sell compare to Xmas time 

I just sold my Leafs game, but yeah I agree about the Seattle game.  I had originally sold it for a decent amount, as opposed to the baths I'm taking on everything now.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:26 AM, SerenityNow said:

Good lord, now what?  Anyone ever receive an email from Ticketmaster that begins like this:  Congratulations your tickets have sold! Before we can pay you, we will need to collect your taxpayer information in accordance with applicable laws. We are also generally required to file a Form 1099-K report with the IRS if the gross amount of your sales on our marketplaces is $600 or more in a calendar year. Many states may also require that we report when you have made at least $600 in transactions on our marketplaces, although some states may require reporting based on different thresholds. When required, we will provide you a copy of any such reports.

Update:  Guess this is legit.  Thought it looked phishy when I first saw it.

Yeah I got that too.  

• Thanks 1

Can someone answer me this question: the current single game tickets that are still being sold off the Canucks site for the home games in February, are those tickets that you can buy already under the 50% capacity threshold? Or would they be potentially over that, meaning if you buy them, you could likely be told you can’t attend that game because it already has 50% seats sold from earlier?

Edited by Slegr

18 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Can someone answer me this question: the current single game tickets that are still being sold off the Canucks site for the home games in February, are those tickets that you can buy already under the 50% capacity threshold? Or would they be potentially over that, meaning if you buy them, you could likely be told you can’t attend that game because it already has 50% seats sold from earlier?

If the bubbles are blue, it's over the 50% capacity threshold. If they say "Verified Resale," they're mostly from STH, and would be under the threshold.

• Cheers 2