The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

2 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

Let's just say that when I went through the renewal process, I was less than excited about this......

I share my account with two friends for three seats. We traditionally have a party before the season where all the tickets are there, and we do a draft for the tickets. It ends up working such that all of us go with each other numerous times. And of course, you can draft two tickets to yourself from time to time, so you can bring a different friend or coworker or family member to the game. Once of us has the tickets, it's our responsibility what we do with them. But it ends up resulting in literally a dozen different people (or more!) and I am no scalper, we very rarely sell tickets (except the leafs of course, and I do that through the canucks website). 

What was once very easy is now going to be a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!! I am paying premium prices, is it to much to ask for premium service? If my new canucks rep once to be my email secretary for assigning tickets (they can come to the party and get free dinner and drinks out of it to make it easy) then sure, but that's not happening. Instead I get to be a data entry bot. Oh boy, can't have enough of that!

Having the option to send tickets electronically is great (it happens when me and my friends want a last minute change and don't want to physically change the tickets) but I promise you that is the exception and not the rule.

By all means be excited Canucks, but when it comes to this giant middle finger to the season ticket holders (this is not new, it's been there for years), I know for a fact it's about saving a few bucks. This is what the release should say...

"We are excited to no longer be forced to deal with and pay for paper tickets. Paper tickets give annonminity to the season ticket holders and their guests. This limits our ability to market and cross market to all people in attendance. Not spending money on ticket printed definitely is more sustainable to our bottom line, and though, despite having some of the highest ticket prices in the league, we could always use a few more dollars. Mr. Aquilini insists. By making it mandatory, we might get a few squeaky wheels that dissent. But we don't want those anyways. Our target demographic is, has been, and always will be, the corporate client, obedient to accounting departments that always pay on time with no questions asked. Everyone on both sides knows who's going to the games, and that way we can keep an eye on them, just the way we want. So hell ya, let's ditch paper tickets, and make the electronic ones mandatory."

A rebuilding team is one thing. But to give me the middle finger, after literally paying you what now will be approaching six figures of dollars? I guess I am small potatoes now.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I prefer paper tickets also , I hope there is a demand of it. By fans so they have to bring it back

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

Let's just say that when I went through the renewal process, I was less than excited about this......

I share my account with two friends for three seats. We traditionally have a party before the season where all the tickets are there, and we do a draft for the tickets. It ends up working such that all of us go with each other numerous times. And of course, you can draft two tickets to yourself from time to time, so you can bring a different friend or coworker or family member to the game. Once of us has the tickets, it's our responsibility what we do with them. But it ends up resulting in literally a dozen different people (or more!) and I am no scalper, we very rarely sell tickets (except the leafs of course, and I do that through the canucks website). 

What was once very easy is now going to be a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!! I am paying premium prices, is it to much to ask for premium service? If my new canucks rep once to be my email secretary for assigning tickets (they can come to the party and get free dinner and drinks out of it to make it easy) then sure, but that's not happening. Instead I get to be a data entry bot. Oh boy, can't have enough of that!

Having the option to send tickets electronically is great (it happens when me and my friends want a last minute change and don't want to physically change the tickets) but I promise you that is the exception and not the rule.

By all means be excited Canucks, but when it comes to this giant middle finger to the season ticket holders (this is not new, it's been there for years), I know for a fact it's about saving a few bucks. This is what the release should say...

"We are excited to no longer be forced to deal with and pay for paper tickets. Paper tickets give annonminity to the season ticket holders and their guests. This limits our ability to market and cross market to all people in attendance. Not spending money on ticket printed definitely is more sustainable to our bottom line, and though, despite having some of the highest ticket prices in the league, we could always use a few more dollars. Mr. Aquilini insists. By making it mandatory, we might get a few squeaky wheels that dissent. But we don't want those anyways. Our target demographic is, has been, and always will be, the corporate client, obedient to accounting departments that always pay on time with no questions asked. Everyone on both sides knows who's going to the games, and that way we can keep an eye on them, just the way we want. So hell ya, let's ditch paper tickets, and make the electronic ones mandatory."

A rebuilding team is one thing. But to give me the middle finger, after literally paying you what now will be approaching six figures of dollars? I guess I am small potatoes now.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I agree I prefer paper tickets also , I hope there is a demand of it. By fans so they have to bring it back

I'll second that.   I give at two-three of my game tickets away to senior relatives who don't even own a smart phone and now what am i suppossed to do?  

• Upvote 1

The way many bussinesses have switched to tech is very disheartening.

Not all of us have high tech cell phones, some don't have cell phones at all.

Not all of us have computers or internet or tablets or what have you.

The assumption that every one can afford these high tech devices, plus data fees, and  can access the companies products is a bad one to make, imo.

I have an old apple phone, with a $10 a month phone plan, don't do data, internet or wifi, just a portable phone; so anything abouve that is out of my reach.

Unless I want to pay hundreds of dollars for a new phone and $30 to $40 a month to telus/koodo  whoever. Which I don't and won't.

Tldr

I won't be going to any games, due to their tech decision.

:(

Just now, BCNeil said:

October 5 - Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks [Rogers Arena]

Seattle coming here preseason.  Their arena is not ready.  Their preseason will be a 3 games in Western Canada and the same 3 teams as home game, but at arenas in Spokane, Everette and Kent.  

On 7/1/2021 at 5:10 PM, gurn said:

The assumption that every one can afford these high tech devices, plus data fees, and  can access the companies products is a bad one to make, imo.

I have an old apple phone, with a $10 a month phone plan, don't do data, internet or wifi, just a portable phone; so anything abouve that is out of my reach.

Unless I want to pay hundreds of dollars for a new phone and $30 to $40 a month to telus/koodo  whoever. Which I don't and won't.

Tldr

I have the same problem, I don't use a Cel phone, frankly I don't want to either. When I retired it was the first thing to go. I'd been lugging round phones from the brick size to the flip phones and did not enjoy business people impinging on my private time. So I spoke to Canuck marketing, it was either I buy tickets again or quit and they have accomodated me with printing tickets..... or so they have promised

On 7/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, gurn said:

Tldr

Everything is tech now.   Like in asia, people use phone for everything, not many carry cash or credit cards anymore.  Restaurants and hotels, u order from your phone and a robot bring them to you.    It’s just a matter of time here

Edited by jovocop55

On 7/10/2021 at 12:47 AM, jovocop55 said:

Everything is tech now.   Like in asia, people use phone for everything, not many carry cash or credit cards anymore.  Restaurants and hotels, u order from your phone and a robot bring them to you.    It’s just a matter of time here

Oh.   Is that why people over there act like Robots?

• 3 weeks later...

When is the deadline for renewing?  I just received another email requesting to select a payment plan.  Upon signing in there was a mention of seat relocation.  Has anyone received a date?  I am still on the fence and will most likely phone in on Tuesday.  Cheers

On 8/1/2021 at 9:57 PM, Canuckle2017 said:

When is the deadline for renewing?  I just received another email requesting to select a payment plan.  Upon signing in there was a mention of seat relocation.  Has anyone received a date?  I am still on the fence and will most likely phone in on Tuesday.  Cheers

I thought July 13 was the deadline for the descion 

Same here I haven’t renew yet.  I doubt they will have full capacity especially cases been going up daily now.  Whitecaps only doing 50% capacity and they give you a presale code to choose ur seats if u want tickets.  You are not getting your original seats

4 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Same here I haven’t renew yet.  I doubt they will have full capacity especially cases been going up daily now.  Whitecaps only doing 50% capacity and they give you a presale code to choose ur seats if u want tickets.  You are not getting your original seats

What are season tickets capped at compared to how many go on sale to the general public?

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

What are season tickets capped at compared to how many go on sale to the general public?

Most teams will cap season tickets at 80-90% of capacity, that would be full seasons and half.  Canucks aren't up there right now.

All I care about is our safety and survival while at Rogers.  If they need to limit capacity or even eliminate attendance - so be it.   If the predictions about this Delta outbreak are true then in all liklihood we'll see numbers much worse than we've ever seen them before and even though I'm double vaxed like most "NORMAL" people, we can still get sick from the disease carrying "Magnetic/Microchip/Flat-earth conspiracy Anti-Vaxers" who don't give a rats behind about anyone but themselves.  So the Canucks have an obligation to protect us from those types of people by forcing proof of vacinatination so only "Normal" people can attend and during games against Albertan teams - exclude all Oilers and Flames fans.