The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

I think 50% should be absolute Max as there is no doubt that we''re headed for an explosion in cases due to the rapid spread of the indian (Delta) Variant.   Even now that they are going to thankfully impose mandatory vaccinations, they still need to consider that some people will still be contaminated entering the building and they can still transmit to others including the vaccinated, so as a minimum they should reduce crowds to 50% at capacity and make mask mandatory except for drinking beer and booing the refs.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

9 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I think 50% should be absolute Max as there is no doubt that we''re headed for an explosing in cases due to the rapid spread of the indian (Delta) Variant.   Even now that they are going to thankfully impose mandatory vaccinations, they still need to consider that some people will still be contaminated entering the building and they can still transmit to others including the vaccinated, so as a minimum they should reduce crowds to 50% at Max and make mask mandatory except for drinking beer and booing the refs.

:lol:

• Thanks 1

For the upper bowl at Rogers arena, I remember there is a piece of plexi glass right on top of the section tunnel entrances right? 

And I seem to recall that plexi glass kind of gets in the way in terms of views from the aisle seats row 10 and up?

If you had a chance to sit at those aisle seats before, do you recall if that plexi glass is very obstructive for those aisle seats?

Edited by bt116

If we hit 80% fully vaccinated, don't see why not go back to full games.  

If someone doesn't feel comfortable or has a compromised immune system, they can support our team from the safety and comfort of their home.  

On 6/30/2021 at 4:38 PM, ronthecivil said:

Let's just say that when I went through the renewal process, I was less than excited about this......

I share my account with two friends for three seats. We traditionally have a party before the season where all the tickets are there, and we do a draft for the tickets. It ends up working such that all of us go with each other numerous times. And of course, you can draft two tickets to yourself from time to time, so you can bring a different friend or coworker or family member to the game. Once of us has the tickets, it's our responsibility what we do with them. But it ends up resulting in literally a dozen different people (or more!) and I am no scalper, we very rarely sell tickets (except the leafs of course, and I do that through the canucks website). 

What was once very easy is now going to be a GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!! I am paying premium prices, is it to much to ask for premium service? If my new canucks rep once to be my email secretary for assigning tickets (they can come to the party and get free dinner and drinks out of it to make it easy) then sure, but that's not happening. Instead I get to be a data entry bot. Oh boy, can't have enough of that!

Having the option to send tickets electronically is great (it happens when me and my friends want a last minute change and don't want to physically change the tickets) but I promise you that is the exception and not the rule.

By all means be excited Canucks, but when it comes to this giant middle finger to the season ticket holders (this is not new, it's been there for years), I know for a fact it's about saving a few bucks. This is what the release should say...

"We are excited to no longer be forced to deal with and pay for paper tickets. Paper tickets give annonminity to the season ticket holders and their guests. This limits our ability to market and cross market to all people in attendance. Not spending money on ticket printed definitely is more sustainable to our bottom line, and though, despite having some of the highest ticket prices in the league, we could always use a few more dollars. Mr. Aquilini insists. By making it mandatory, we might get a few squeaky wheels that dissent. But we don't want those anyways. Our target demographic is, has been, and always will be, the corporate client, obedient to accounting departments that always pay on time with no questions asked. Everyone on both sides knows who's going to the games, and that way we can keep an eye on them, just the way we want. So hell ya, let's ditch paper tickets, and make the electronic ones mandatory."

A rebuilding team is one thing. But to give me the middle finger, after literally paying you what now will be approaching six figures of dollars? I guess I am small potatoes now.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I'm no fan of getting rid of paper tickets, but in this case it might actually make sense if they decide to use people registered to the ticket for the game as a way of pre-screening people that enter the arena.  I'm not for vaccine passports (and I realize I'm in the minority, it's all good), but it's a private business and they can do as they wish.  Electronic tickets would make it possible to cut down a lot of screening time so that we don't have to line up for two hours to get in. 

On 8/16/2021 at 9:27 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Hey I'm no fan of getting rid of paper tickets, but in this case it might actually make sense if they decide to use people registered to the ticket for the game as a way of pre-screening people that enter the arena.  I'm not for vaccine passports (and I realize I'm in the minority, it's all good), but it's a private business and they can do as they wish.  Electronic tickets would make it possible to cut down a lot of screening time so that we don't have to line up for two hours to get in. 

First off you don't line up for a couple of hours or your at the wrong location. Next, you're going to like this, ...quite a number of people don't have, own, or want a Cel phone. Personally I was a leader in Cel phone use. From the day when you needed two hands just to carry a Cel phone that resembled and weighed like a very large brick to the small flip phones who's batteries were alwasy on the verge of running out. I was in an internation industry where we worked around the clock answering phones throughout  every hour of the day, Christams day, vactions what ever. So when I retired there's no prize what was the first thing I got rid of LOL. I will never be tied to a Cel phone again. I have a deep seated hate for them which is egged on by people who cannot resist checking or send texts while at the traffic light meaning other behnid them miss the light chnage ( talking of waiting in a line ) As usual this is a cost saving ploy at the expense of others

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

First off you don't line up for a couple of hours or your at the wrong location. 

I know it didn't take that long before but if they want to implement new restrictions for attendees then it might very well take 2 hours to screen 19,000 people

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I know it didn't take that long before but if they want to implement new restrictions for attendees then it might very well take 2 hours to screen 19,000 people

I spoke to canucks last week and they told me there would be an announcement this week, as I understand it will be for those vaccinated with 2 jabs. If every one has them ready for inspection ..... I'm hoping. Most likely what will make for delays is folks with their minds off in Never Neverland or staring blankly at Cel phones hoping some one will express some validation for them, some one some  where. :lol: jaws dropped and minds in neutral. Or God forsake turn up with no such credetials. You look at some of these folks and wonder how they found their way to the Arena ::D

• Cheers 1

I sure hope they bring some extrememly rigid controls in place and forbid the Flat-Earth/Anti Vaxer from being anywhere near the building let alone - kept out.  As far as i'm concerned they can all stay home and watch the games on TV, so normal people don't have to worry about being contaminated with their diseases.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Look like BC won’t be going into phrase 4, would be interested what the canucks do with season tickets.  They won’t allow large gathering  

No that would be suicide to allow full crowds - or - should  i say MURDER on their part! 

Imagine when people die after contracting Covid at a Canucks game at Rogers because they didn't take enough safety precautions and some families place the caskets of the deceased at he doors to Rogers in frustration or have the funeral service in the plaza outside the main gates.  How is that going to look for the Canucks???

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1