The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Things have turned sour in the RNH contract negotiations

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

No thanks to RNH.

I don't want him, but 4M max on that guy. 

We do not need a player like RNH.

I would like to see a big body two way C that is not injury prone.

Jenner or Domi out of Columbus if we can.

Reinhart if the price is right.

Or have Petey, Horvat, Miller down the middle and sign a big body like Saad.

I also dont think RNH is the fit we need. He is not really an answer for bottom 6 holes.

Miller, EP, Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander, and Podkolzin should be our top 6 heading into the year imo. See what the group can do.

If they can get RNH cheap enough then maybe a 3rd line with him, Pearson, and a young guy could work.

The hesitation I have with that though is both Pearson and RNH, while solid players, are not the guys that drive the succes of their lines. Both are more good supporting cast for play drivers. I think as a 3C we need someone that can drive the play at both ends for the 3rd line.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I've also seen that rumor with Edler in Bourdon's place.  Regardless, Nonis doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves for his work.

Drafted Schneider, Edler, Grabner  (Bourdon sadly died just when it looked he was on the cusp of breaking into the lineup), and Hansen.  Heck, even Mason Raymond played over 500 games at the NHL level (

Signed free agent Luongo and Mitchell.

All in the span of just four years (three hockey seasons as one was a lockout year).

Very good number two for an organization (sigh, we've got Weisbrod).

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Like Jones i don't see RNH wanting to come play for the Canucks.

Moneys one thing but aside from that i don't see either wanting to jump on another rebuilding team

I see where you're coming from for sure, but I do not think we are a rebuilding team anymore. The whole team collectively got &^@#ed by the variant, and resulted in double penetration with a condensed end to the schedule, while the beginning was already pretty tough. That, Pettersson's wrist, Miller being lost in space and a couple other things really &^@#ed us right.

Regardless, I guess we can conservatively say we are HOPEFULLY at the tail end of our rebuild. 

Just have to sell it to whoever you want to get.

PLUS ITS THE BEST HOCKEY TOWN IN THE &^@#ING WORLD LETS GET IT

The Rock Comedy GIF by Baywatch Movie

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Drafted Schneider, Edler, Grabner  (Bourdon sadly died just when it looked he was on the cusp of breaking into the lineup), and Hansen.  Heck, even Mason Raymond played over 500 games at the NHL level (

Signed free agent Luongo and Mitchell.

All in the span of just four years (three hockey seasons as one was a lockout year).

Very good number two for an organization (sigh, we've got Weisbrod).

Traded Bertuzzi for Lu, didn't sign him.  Still a great move.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don't care what anyone on CDC says, I want Max Domi still :lol:

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Don't care what anyone on CDC says, I want Max Domi still :lol:

Why not?

Hed be a great fit with Horvat. He’s on a decent contract and will likely cost less after what went down in Columbus.

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Jenner would be an awesome fit. Domi would be a good choice too, but we'd have to clear more salary somehow to make that move. 

If Edmonton is playing hardball with RNH, I wonder who Holland thinks he can get in free agency that helps them more? Pretty sure McDavid isn't going to be the magnet he once was for more free agents. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Jenner would be an awesome fit. Domi would be a good choice too, but we'd have to clear more salary somehow to make that move. 

If Edmonton is playing hardball with RNH, I wonder who Holland thinks he can get in free agency that helps them more? Pretty sure McDavid isn't going to be the magnet he once was for more free agents. 

I mean Reinhart and Domi combined make as much as Eriksson and Holtby.

It all depends what we’re able to do with buyouts, the expansion draft, and contract terminations. We could have a decent amount of cap.

If Benning is true about being aggressive then we need to make a couple big moves like Montreal did last summer.

Reinhart Pettersson Boeser

Domi Horvat Hoglander

Pearson Miller Podkolzin 

Motte Beagle Lockwood/Lind/Highmore

Two big moves and our top 9 is looking amazing.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean Reinhart and Domi combined make as much as Eriksson and Holtby.

It all depends what we’re able to do with buyouts, the expansion draft, and contract terminations. We could have a decent amount of cap.

If Benning is true about being aggressive then we need to make a couple big moves like Montreal did last summer.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Domi Horvat Podkolzin

Hoglander Miller Reinhart 

Motte Beagle Lockwood/Lind/Highmore

Two big moves and our top 9 is looking amazing.

I don’t think even Miller is good enough to play 2 positions at the same time. -_-

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think even Miller is good enough to play 2 positions at the same time. -_-

Lol whoops.

Put Miller twice and left out Pearson. Been awhile since I’ve done line combos apparently.

• Huggy Bear 1

Nuge is the product of McDavid. And Edmonton is gonna, or at least I would hope, realize this. It's not dissimilar to the middle 6 players that play with Crosby and Malkin outta Pittsburgh. It's imperative that you don't overpay these guys, just like Pittsburgh tries not to. If Nuge doesn't take 5mil or less you just say goodbye. McJesus could drop over 100 points in a season with me on his wing.

4 hours ago, stawns said:

RNH isn't soft.  He might not be a rugged player, but he's a rock solid 200ft player and plays in all situations.  I'd take him in a second

Bingo.  Plays wing and Centre.  Good all over the ice.  If he can be signed without costing anything but cap you have to do it. He is 28 so a 5 year deal is 28 29 30 31 32.  All good years, little risk.  Local guy, lives here in the offseason, has a ton of friends in Vancouver. Will fit in well. Good team guy, not selfish. The guy gets 50 to 60 points a year. Don't have to trade our 9th overall and can sign this guy?  You absolutely do it.

Remember in 1 years time nux have an additional 12M coming free. Find the space this year.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

The team should only spend money on a top quality, physical 2 way 3rd line center (or a better top 6 winger with more offense than Pearson so they can move him to the 3rd line if they plan to use EP, Horvat, Miller all as centers) and/or a top pairing quality, defensively strong rhd.

Outside of those 2 needs, no big dollar, longer term deals. Especially for bottom 6 support players. Pay for guys who will drive their line and can make the players around them better.