The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Is Schmidt on the move?

Me_

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well Benning may be afraid that Squamfan will organize a new protest in front of Rogers Arena or fly his “Fire Benning” flag all over the City next year if he doesn’t make some major off-season changes so he definitely is under pressure to do something big. 

Management includes the owners. You realize that, right. They chose the direction. 

If they want Jim to go after a big fish to put butts in seats then that is what he will do.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Here is an idea for our 9th overall pick.

WHY NOT DRAFT A REALLY GOOD D MAN!

Here is an idea - maybe they're taken already. I love how you think you're smarter than everyone.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Here is an idea - maybe they're taken already. I love how you think you're smarter than everyone.

Obviously I didn't get the sarcasm across clearly.

I edited it for you.

As far as being smarter then you. I am!

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3

18 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I probably would. Florida probably wouldnt though.

I’d hope Benning would be exploring trade options for Ekblad. I think the Canucks would have to add a sweetener to that deal. A prospect or another pick. Rathbone is untouchable. I’d give up Lind or Gadj. 

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

I’d hope Benning would be exploring trade options for Ekblad. I think the Canucks would have to add a sweetener to that deal. A prospect or another pick. Rathbone is untouchable. I’d give up Lind or Gadj. 

I expect the price would be pretty high. I just don't see them even considering it unless its 9OA and Rathbone included and even then I just dont see them trading Ekblad

3 hours ago, appleboy said:

Obviously I didn't get the sarcasm across clearly.

I edited it for you.

As far as being smarter then you. I am!

I doubt it.

You don't seem to know how to properly use the double quote. You aren't quoting anyone, so your usage of it is wrong. You should've used the single quotes, like 'this' to emphasize or exaggerate your tone.

"As far as being smarter then you. I am" (Your words - and full of fail.)

You should use the word 'than' in this context, not 'then'. Also, the first part of that is an incomplete sentence.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Sergachev drafted at 9th, McAvoy at 14th, Chuchrun at 16th, Fabbro at 17th, Dobson at 12th, DeAngelo at 19th, Sanheim at 17th. 

So, no. 

• Vintage 1

On 5/31/2021 at 12:04 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Now Schmidt is on the move? Sounds like Drance and Johnston are spitballing and nothing more. The issues with the defense start with Nolan Baumgartner. Bringing him back is a mistake that will result in the team continuing to be porous defensively, regardless of the personnel on the ice. 

This rumor seems to be full of something that rhymes with Schmidt.

He was an utter disappointment. I think he was probably propped up by Vegas’ system and deep forward group. He made stupid decisions and looked completely overwhelmed. You can blame the coaching staff till you’re blue in the face but they can’t coach him out of throwing waffles to eleven in the upside down world and expect to win hockey games. Schmidt was completely exposed here. 

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 2

10 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

He was an utter disappointment. I think he was probably propped up by Vegas’ system and deep forward group. He made stupid decisions and looked completely overwhelmed. You can blame the coaching staff till you’re blue in the face but they can’t coach him out of throwing waffles to eleven in the upside down world and expect to win hockey games. Schmidt was completely exposed here. 

Nah. He's been a very serviceable defenseman in both Washington and Las Vegas. While some responsibility rests on his shoulders for his play, the systems that Baumgartner ran with allowed the Canucks to be the team with the highest amount of shots against in the league. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

NYI are 'win now' and would love to clear Ladd...

Post ED... Schmidt for Ladd (cap) + Dobson (+/- )

Schmidt arguably helps then more 'now' than Dobson and this let's them clear the last two years of dead Ladd cap.

Waived Ladd + Dobson actually saves us a few hundred k over what Schmidt's cap is next year (when we're tight). Ladd comes 'home' to be a pretty good player coach in Abby. Maybe we can even convince him to take his bonus the year after, and retire to a coaching/management gig in Abby.

We grow Hughes-Dobson in to our top pair for a decade.

I like it, and we keep our first to draft a nice future player. Johnson looks pretty good, better with the Petey comparisons

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I doubt it.

You don't seem to know how to properly use the double quote. You aren't quoting anyone, so your usage of it is wrong. You should've used the single quotes, like 'this' to emphasize or exaggerate your tone.

"As far as being smarter then you. I am" (Your words - and full of fail.)

You should use the word 'than' in this context, not 'then'. Also, the first part of that is an incomplete sentence.

You think correcting peoples grammar makes you smart.

You are living in the wrong generation . No one cares about grammar or spelling anymore. 

If you would like to edit everyone's comments like a teacher , you got my vote. 

It would be an endless job on this site.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, appleboy said:

You think correcting peoples grammar makes you smart.

You are living in the wrong generation . No one cares about grammar or spelling anymore. 

If you would like to edit everyone's comments like a teacher , you got my vote. 

It would be an endless job on this site.

People's*

Unfortunately for you, you don't get to say who isn't smarter than you. Go walk away.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

So just assuming Nate Schmidt was on the move and the team didn't gel with him, trading him creates a hole on the back end we would have to hope Juolevi and Rathbone could fill. Edler may not even be coming back and even if he did, he's not gonna chew up the minutes he used to. Schmiddty playing the left side would be extremely important. Plus you have to lock up Quinn Hughes first, otherwise his contract could cost just as much as Jones'.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Convincing John said:

at least John buys your takes.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1