The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan Reaves suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Guys this was not a DOPS decision.  Because it was intent to injure, the suspension became immediate and went directly to Gary Bettman.  So George Parros had nothing to do with this decision, at least officially.  

It really sucks to see goons given small penalties like this.  I still think that Colorado will take the Kadri for Justin Faulk exchange every day of the week.  

• Sad 3
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

"Reaves was assessed a match penalty, a five-minute major for intent to injure and a double minor for roughing. The match penalty means Reaves is suspended pending a review by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman." 

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/golden-knights-ryan-reaves-suspension-avalanche-match-penalty-intent-to-injure/snp11c924jud1i1pefn7r5hkr#:~:text=Reaves was assessed a match,by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman.

Of course Parro’s couldn’t suspend Reaves more then two games. Reaves is one of his biggest customers when it comes to Parro’s clothesline Violent Gentleman. Such a joke of a league. The Tim Peel thing, this lax DPS... 

A4DEE3F0-95E0-45D0-9E82-DAB1D1CB4CBB.jpeg

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shekky said:

wow what a joke the dops is...

This was from the Commish. Not even DOPS. 

Match Penalty:

In the NHL, a match penalty and a game misconduct are virtually identical in application. However, a match penalty carries a larger fine, and the offending player is suspended indefinitely until the Commissioner rules on the issue.

(Rule 21 Match Penalty)

But yes Gary is a joke. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

How many games is Parros going to be suspended for his refusal to conduct himself appropriately?

is Ryan Reaves george parros' god son?

5 hours ago, bree2 said:

shame on the nhl and the dops. why was Kadris 8 games and Reaves in my opinion was way worse. he tried to injure with intent! so why did the nhl change it to roughing. makes me want to puke at how the nhl are treating the knights as their special darlings yuk!!!:sick:

Neither Reaves or Bettman is capable of feeling any shame. They all do what they want and carry on.

D5B7E7F7-F34A-4D02-9D02-6620AD2FCA24.gif

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Neither Reaves or Bettman is capable of feeling any shame. They all do what they want and carry on.

D5B7E7F7-F34A-4D02-9D02-6620AD2FCA24.gif

haha I bought that album way back in the 70s

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

"Reaves was assessed a match penalty, a five-minute major for intent to injure and a double minor for roughing. The match penalty means Reaves is suspended pending a review by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman." 

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/golden-knights-ryan-reaves-suspension-avalanche-match-penalty-intent-to-injure/snp11c924jud1i1pefn7r5hkr#:~:text=Reaves was assessed a match,by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman.

That’s what I thought it was called an intent to injure on the play,man I hope Vegas get swept

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

And Edler's bump as he scraped his butt off the ice.  That got the same as Reaves maniacal attack.

For a guy that barely has history to a guy who is an actual criminal on ice...what a freaking joke.

Vegas is such a garbage team full of goofs.  Besides their first cinderella year, they have the most overrated, dirty piece of hot garbage in the league.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

While it would have been nice to see him get more, comparing his suspension to Edler's or MacEwen's isn't reasonable, given that Reaves' is for playoff games.  isn't there a 3-4 game multiplier when trying to equate regular season vs playoff suspensions?

If the same thing happened in the regular season and he got 8 games, I think there'd be a lot less complaining about Bettman's decision here.

Edited by Kragar