• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s the result of the collision, here’s the impact:

22FA7BFB-65B2-479D-A081-108CE9FD8B28.jpeg

Looks high.  Also factor in the speed that he came at him with and a still shot doesn't capture that.  The momentum also gives you the after picture that I've posted.  

• Cheers 1

Well - the Rome on Horton hit was a clean hit other than a split second late, not blind and a guy’s hurt not because of the hit but because he had previous concussion issues and doesn’t have helmet strapped on tight enough before taking to the ice to play. 

Schiefle was leaping at Evans, following through, chasing him from behind, blind side while the vulnerable player was extended & thinking he was safe.

Similar in some ways to the Moore on Naslund hit, and that infamous shoulder to head shot receive no penalty. How times have changed. Seeing as Evans is a player on an O-6 team, expect bias to swing that way. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Honestly I disagree.  He had full momentum going the other way it’s super easy to miss the puck or knock it into your own net.  Taking the body prevents the player from putting the puck in the net at all.  If evans isn’t injured that’s not even a penalty it’s just unfortunate Evans head hit the ice knocking him out.  If Scheifele got there a split second earlier he prevents the goal.  Also to the other people saying the game was over.  It’s a one goal game with momentum going your way.  Scheifele was trying his best to prevent the goal and he almost did.  I just think that the way Evans landed made the play look so much worse than it actually is.  The hit was shoulder on shoulder while Evans had the puck.  What do you call the penalty?  Roughing? Charging? (Yah that makes sense but I don’t think it was worth more than a major)

Im no Jets or Scheifele fan, but honestly I think people overreact this is nothing compared to what Reaves did to Ryan Suter or Graves this past week.

I'll say this; Its true that Evans did nothing to protect himself on the play. He was in a vulnerable position, and the way he landed did make it worse. 

But simply put; Schiefele intended to take a run at Evans going into the contact, and b/c of that the result is on him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Maybe I’m seeing something else, but that looks like shoulder to the chin lol. 

I see full body contact, anyways we’ll see, if I’m right then no suspension, if I’m wrong there will be.

5 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Watch the video, He follows through with his Elbow hitting his head

I saw his elbow come up but I believe it was after and the result of the collision, we’ll see what the NHL says I guess.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Regardless of whether the principal point of contact is the head, a charge is still a charge. Doesn't matter whether Scheifele was trying to prevent a goal, there's no special provision in the rulebook for that:

42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed, I thought Scheifele was above that sort of thing.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'll say this; Its true that Evans did nothing to protect himself on the play. He was in a vulnerable position, and the way he landed did make it worse. 

But simply put; Schiefele intended to take a run at Evans going into the contact, and b/c of that the result is on him. 

Or was he trying to hit him to prevent the wraparound, if he was a 1/4 second quicker he would have.

Series changing incident. 

Shame that the series can’t play out with out the consequences weighing heavy on one or both teams. Self-control is the key.

Don’t become drama-queens or be suckered into any distractions. Just play the game between the whistles, to win this series with honour! 

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I see full body contact, anyways we’ll see, if I’m right then no suspension, if I’m wrong there will be.

You took one clip...remember, he came FLYING in so the momentum carried him THROUGH him.   I was at the game where Getzlaf took Hamhuis out the same way...the angles all LOOKED innocent enough except the one that only a few of us had (right on the glass from head on).  Sheifele blew right through him...your shot makes it look like they're doing a couples skate.  He left his feet.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2