• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You took one clip...remember, he came FLYING in so the momentum carried him THROUGH him.   I was at the game where Getzlaf took Hamhuis out the same way...the angles all LOOKED innocent enough except the one that only a few of us had (right on the glass from head on).  Sheifele blew right through him...your shot makes it look like they're doing a couples skate.  He left his feet.

image.png 

Initial contact looks clean to me, his elbow coming up and him leaving his feet are due to the collision. He was racing back to prevent the empty net goal and a body check was probably his best bet so I don’t see charging, by definition of the rule pretty much any hit is charging.

As I said, I see no suspension coming but if you ask my wife my track record of being right is along the lines of the Canucks win percentage.

• RoughGame 2

37 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

wow....Schiffy.....probably gonna be suspended for that one....doesn't look like a dirty hit.....but not sure if was necessary considering Evans had already scored....

lol i wonder what a dirty hit looks like to you. Blatant charge with intent to injure and upwards explosion to secure the head being the first point of contact. Literally the exact hit the league wants out of the game, the type that has given players 5+ game suspensions time and time again. Terrible take. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Initial contact looks clean to me, his elbow coming up and him leaving his feet are due to the collision. He was racing back to prevent the empty net goal and a body check was probably his best bet so I don’t see charging, by definition of the rule pretty much any hit is charging.

As I said, I see no suspension coming but if you ask my wife my track record of being right is along the lines of the Canucks win percentage.

maybe back in the day it would been fine.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That's a great spin.  I ain't buying any of it.

He charged by pure definition of the rule...lined him up and threw a momentum filled (violent) hit that he launched into.  Puck's in the net, they're about to lose game one and he just unleashed.  And didn't even care.

I'm not counting on the league to "set it straight".  I mean....Wilson is a good example of how they hit and miss.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

• Cheers 1

Elliotte agrees with me.....definition of a charge.

With that, can it qualify for a suspension?   It should because of what led up to it and the emotion that was unchecked even prior to that hit.  He was unhinged (yet another guy).  Game's done...empty net goal and there was NO reason for that hit.

• Like 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

he went for the hit, a dirty one, not to prevent the goal. 

it was garbage. simple as that. 

Yeah, agreed. I don’t see how he’s trying to prevent a goal there. Guy’s wheeling full out through three zones, and then stop skating, glides, and moves his stick out of the way (and away from any attempt to play the puck), to set up the hit.

If Scheifele just keeps skating and extends his stick, he actually stops that goal. He would’ve got there in time.

But he wasn’t trying to stop a goal.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Rule 42 - Charging 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice. 

Elliotte just put it up ... this was textbook "result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent..."

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, agreed. I don’t see how he’s trying to prevent a goal there. Guy’s wheeling full out through three zones, and then stop skating, glides, and moves his stick out of the way (and away from any attempt to play the puck), to set up the hit.

If Scheifele just keeps skating and extends his stick, he actually stops that goal. He would’ve got there in time.

yeah cassies view on it and the clips they played was pretty good.

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He even does the crouch down, glide in (aka lining him up) before propelling into him.  Yep.

• Cheers 1