• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

17 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

Not a chance man. A hit isn’t the quickest way on preventing that goal...obviously if he used his stick that would’ve been the most likely chance of him not scoring. Your stick...ya know...can be multiple feet in front of...ya know...your body....smh

In that case Scheifele is having to take extra time to slam on the brakes.  

Clean hit but he definitely could’ve let up. Empty net and probably frustration played into it.  

1 game suspension if I was a betting man. 

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Is Scheiffele not supposed to stop the chance? 
All Scheiffele has to do is scare Evans and he can help keep it a 1 goal game. Evans did exactly what a real man does and takes the hit to make the play. Its just really unfortunate he took a high speed hit and wasnt braced for it.

I can see both sides of it. It was without a doubt not the outcome that Scheiffele was going for. Is a poke check going to scare you from going for the empty netter or is a big scary hit going to?

The only thing Scheiffele prevented on that play was Evans being able to celebrate his birthday. This kind of hit is bad for the game. It’s trash. Doesn’t matter what his intent was, he put that kid in a stretcher. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

The only thing Scheiffele prevented on that play was Evans being able to celebrate his birthday. This kind of hit is bad for the game. It’s trash. Doesn’t matter what his intent was, he put that kid in a stretcher. 

Perhaps figure skating is more your thing then, this is hockey, people get hit and sometimes clean hits hurt.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I’m sorry but whoever posted that on Twitter is an idiot.  

That was the look when Scheifele was defending his actions to whichever Canadien was accusing him of the dirty play.  

Stuff that’s taken out of context on Twitter really annoys me. 

Extremely unfortunate outcome but am I the only one who thinks that Mark Scheifele was actually trying to make a defensive play and not knock him out? I see so many comments saying stuff like oh he scored already and Scheifele only cared about hurting him instead of stopping the goal. The puck went in like 1/10th of second before the hit, he was obviously trying to stop Evans from scoring.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I’m sorry but whoever posted that on Twitter is an idiot.  

That was the look when Scheifele was defending his actions to whichever Canadien was accusing him of the dirty play.  

Stuff that’s taken out of context on Twitter really annoys me. 

Tell me again how he was trying to prevent a goal.  He didn’t even try to make a move for the puck. He skated the length of the ice at full speed to make that hit. Nothing. And I mean nothing clean about that play 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Butters Stoch said:

Extremely unfortunate outcome but am I the only one who thinks that Mark Scheifele was actually trying to make a defensive play and not knock him out? I see so many comments saying stuff like oh he scored already and Scheifele only cared about hurting him instead of stopping the goal. The puck went in like 1/10th of second before the hit, he was obviously trying to stop Evans from scoring.

Look again. He never even tried to prevent the goal.  He was looking to hurt Evans 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh come on..."scare a guy" from an empty netter?

Or try to prevent the empty netter?

Yours is a reach for sure.  Which is what he should have done.  

Look at how he was amped up and see that this was more about unleashing some frustration than it was saving a goal from being scored.

What is Scheiffele supposed to do?? Stop skating and scare him with his stick??

The psychology of the hit is to scare him.
IF Evans avoids going for the empty netter, the puck is there for Scheiffele. Who in their right f***ing mind wants to get in the way of that hit. 

Scheiffele was beat to the empty net chance, waving his stick was not going to give him the best chance to stop Evans from going for the empty netter. He hustled his ass back and with that type of speed 99.9999% of guys are getting out of the way of that hit and leaving the puck. Its not a reach deb its the intent. You guys are all reacting to the outcome. The speed was an issue, nothing else about that hit was a problem. Had he done what every single other person on planet earth would do in that scenario and left the puck.... we would not be having this conversation and Scheiffele would be skating the puck back up the ice with speed. Because Evans would have left a little gift for him. AKA THE PUCK. 

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

In my view, if Scheifele was trying to make a defensive play, he would have tried to dive and knock the puck away with his stick. I think that would have given him a better chance to stop the puck. It's a fast game, so in the heat of the moment I would say Scheifele was frustrated and trying to take his frustration out with a big hit considering the score. Again, that's how I perceive it and everyone's perception is different.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In my view, if Scheifele was trying to make a defensive play, he would have tried to dive and knock the puck away with his stick. I think that would have given him a better chance to stop the puck. It's a fast game, so in the heat of moment I would say Scheifele was frustrated and trying to take his frustration out with a big hit. Again, that's how I perceive it and everyone's perception is different.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

What is Scheiffele supposed to do?? Stop skating and scare him with his stick??

The psychology of the hit is to scare him.
IF Evans avoids going for the empty netter, the puck is there for Scheiffele. Who in their right f***ing mind wants to get in the way of that hit. 

Scheiffele was beat to the empty net chance, waving his stick was not going to give him the best chance to stop Evans from going for the empty netter. He hustled his ass back and with that type of speed 99.9999% of guys are getting out of the way of that hit and leaving the puck. Its not a reach deb its the intent. You guys are all reacting to the outcome. The speed was an issue, nothing else about that hit was a problem. Had he done what every single other person on planet earth would do in that scenario and left the puck.... we would not be having this conversation and Scheiffele would be skating the puck back up the ice with speed. Because Evans would have left a little gift for him. AKA THE PUCK. 

Not charge right through him.  That's a penalty and, likely, a suspension. 

As said, using his stick (or diving) was likely a better option.

I saw pure frustration there (and a lack of respect and sportsmanship).  I get it, players are fired up and all in...but this went over the edge in a game that was over.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

, anyways we’ll see, if I’m right then no suspension, if I’m wrong there will be.

If DOPS was doing their job properly, this would be a true statement. 

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Perhaps figure skating is more your thing then, this is hockey, people get hit and sometimes clean hits hurt.

Very original, 12/10 chirp. I’m all for physical hockey, especially in the playoffs, but I just don’t get how you can see the result of that hit and say that it’s clean. Refs agreed, hnic panel agrees, most of the hockey world would agree. The only people that think it’s clean are beer league has-beens and Sean Avery lol. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

... he watched and followed the puck/play in this clip. Was he supposed to be looking up into the stands or something?

He never even tried to prevent the hold. He was mad and he took it out on Evans with a dangerous predatory hit 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In my view, if Scheifele was trying to make a defensive play, he would have tried to dive and knock the puck away with his stick. I think that would have given him a better chance to stop the puck. It's a fast game, so in the heat of the moment I would say Scheifele was frustrated and trying to take his frustration out with a big hit considering the score. Again, that's how I perceive it and everyone's perception is different.

That would result in Scheiffele with a broken neck. 

Honestly I am not a fan of Scheiffele. He pisses me off whenever we play the Jets. But I really dont think his intent was to actually hurt anyone. He made a choice and it was a horrible outcome. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Tell me again how he was trying to prevent a goal.  He didn’t even try to make a move for the puck. He skated the length of the ice at full speed to make that hit. Nothing. And I mean nothing clean about that play 

It was a dirty hit from the point of view that he must’ve known he would hurt him pretty good and therefore should’ve done something else. He was definitely frustrated too.  

I’m just saying that Evans had the puck, he went in shoulder first, Evans was facing him. 

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Except it wasn’t a clean hit. It was a charge on a defenceless player because he was mad 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

It was a dirty hit from the point of view that he must’ve known he would hurt him pretty good and therefore should’ve done something else. He was definitely frustrated too.  

I’m just saying that Evans had the puck, he went in shoulder first, Evans was facing him. 

Being frustrated is not a mitigating factor.  He made no effort to prevent the goal.  His only thought there was to crush Evans 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1