• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not charge right through him.  That's a penalty and, likely, a suspension.

As said, using his stick (or diving) was likely a better option.

If the puck is coming out front using his stick or diving could just as easily result in an own goal, the hit was his best chance and he didn’t miss by much. Easy to analyze hours after the game after watching multiple replays, Scheifele had to make a split second decision.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I saw pure frustration there (and a lack of respect and sportsmanship).  I get it, players are fired up and all in...but this went over the edge in a game that was over.

But Deb the game WASNT over.  It was a 4-3 game at that point. 

We can’t be dishing out discipline on clean hits based on results.  

In this one you can make a case that he was going too fast into the hit to justify a suspension.  

Absolutely wrong to be claiming a high hit or principal point being head, him leaving his feet and other non-sense that I’m reading. 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

But Deb the game WASNT over.  It was a 4-3 game at that point. 

We can’t be dishing out discipline on clean hits based on results.  

In this one you can make a case that he was going too fast into the hit to justify a suspension.  

Absolutely wrong to be claiming a high hit or principal point being head, him leaving his feet and other non-sense that I’m reading. 

"Charging"

And if it's vicious (it was) it certainly can be followed up on.

A 'charge' may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice." The infraction may warrant any severity of penalty or combination of penalties as the officials deem fit, including a major plus a game misconduct, or suspension if the infraction results in injury to the opposing player.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

That would result in Scheiffele with a broken neck. 

Honestly I am not a fan of Scheiffele. He pisses me off whenever we play the Jets. But I really dont think his intent was to actually hurt anyone. He made a choice and it was a horrible outcome. 

Perhaps not necessarily a dive, as Scheifele would be crashing into the net at full speed, but he could have at least attempted to make the defensive play with his stick, which would have given him a better advantage with his longer reach, as the screenshot shows below.

Capture.PNG

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I saw pure frustration there (and a lack of respect and sportsmanship).  I get it, players are fired up and all in...but this went over the edge in a game that was over.

Deb.... waving your stick when you are beat to the chase is not going give you a better chance. 
1) the guy can toe drag the puck away.

2) he can muscle down and tuck the puck in

3) even if Scheiffele does knock it free or stifle the attempt, Evans can battle for the puck and muscle it in from a very close distance

If Scheiffele comes in like he did... and Evans shys away from the puck, the hit is no longer needed and the puck is taken with control.

That is unfortunately not how it went.

Its an unfortunate outcome from what nobody would expect Evans to do, which was to actually come out and meet that highspeed check on the other side of the net. 

Evans HAS to know he is going to be attacked and most likely hit. Maybe not at that speed, but at the same time this is a 200ft back check. You have to expect someone coming with speed at you. Are they going to hit? Are they going to try to stick check???

Im not a fan of Scheiffele ive always thought he was a prick. 

If he actually and TRULY had the intent to take his full frustrations out with a hit and hurt someone, he would have taken 2 more strides and skated right through Evans with full intent to kill someone. From the top of the circle he coasted at a high speed. I just do not see the full intent to kill. 

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Perhaps, not necessarily a dive, as Scheifele would be crashing into the net at full speed, but he could have at least attempted to make the defensive play with his stick, which would have given him a better advantage with his longer reach, as the screenshot shows below.

Capture.PNG

Okay so say Scheiffele goes for the stick check..... at full speed...... guess what..... he is still on a crash course with Evans regardless. 

Im not saying he made the right choice, the way I read the hit is he wanted to just stop Evans from even attempting the empty net by scaring him with his speed.

He has 2 hands on his stick and his stick on the ice. if Evans ditches the puck, Scheiffele is taking the puck with control.

its not like Scheiffeles stick was in the air and he was skating the whole way in. He did coast from a decent range.

The speed 100% was an issue. But its just not what the outcome was intended. The game was not out of reach. It was a 1 goal game and there was a good chunk of time left on the clock to get some chances and get set up.

• Cheers 1

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

Okay so say Scheiffele goes for the stick check..... at full speed...... guess what..... he is still on a crash course with Evans regardless. 

Im not saying he made the right choice, the way I read the hit is he wanted to just stop Evans from even attempting the empty net by scaring him with his speed.

He has 2 hands on his stick and his stick on the ice. if Evans ditches the puck, Scheiffele is taking the puck with control.

its not like Scheiffeles stick was in the air and he was skating the whole way in. He did coast from a decent range.

The speed 100% was an issue. But its just not what the outcome was intended. The game was not out of reach. It was a 1 goal game and there was a good chunk of time left on the clock to get some chances and get set up.

If Scheifele had gone for the stick check, there would have still been a collision between him and Evans, but the intent would have been much different. At worst, it would have been considered clipping than a full-on-charge. I think that's the main difference there.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

To prevent a goal, not to make a hit, should he have just hung around and shot the breeze with Price?

i didnt it see it that way, didnt even use his stick too try to prevent it, but obviously we aint gunna agree on this one, i said my peice on this.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1