• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Weber, Gallagher, Chiarot, Edmundson are made of glass? 

Looking at how many games are lost to injury between them , yeah I’d say so.

the Habs are trying to get tougher , I’ll give them that. 

Still wont cheer for them though.

Go Jets !

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

honestly thought it was only gunna be* 1-2, cause he isnt a dirty player, this his first suspension?

could be some optics going on here. It looks so bad that its hard to not throw an extra game at it. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So....you believe he's lying about his intent then? That was the question. There really isn't any "middle".....

I think he's defending himself retroactively, which anyone would do, especially someone not normally predispositioned to such actions.

What is the crux of your curiosity here? What does it matter what people think of Scheifele's honesty regarding this situation? It happened, he's been suspended, he pled his side of the events, and Evans is recuperating. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I think he's defending himself retroactively, which anyone would do, especially someone not normally predispositioned to such actions.

What is the crux of your curiosity here? What does it matter what people think of Scheifele's honesty regarding this situation? It happened, he's been suspended, he pled his side of the events, and Evans is recuperating. 

Because I was one of the ones who believe that he was trying to prevent a goal and I said so at the time. I was told I was wrong by multiple people, so now that Sheifele has stated that preventing the goal was his aim, I'm wondering if all those folks think he's lying.

4 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Looking at how many games are lost to injury between them , yeah I’d say so.

the Habs are trying to get tougher , I’ll give them that. 

Still wont cheer for them though.

Go Jets !

Hockey players get injured. I believe Gallagher's last injury was taking a Weber shot to the hand, full force. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And you actually think that the suspensions handed out to both Reaves and Scheifele display consistency? 

Who said anything about consistency? I said precedent.

When they decided on the length of Reaves' suspension, they set a precedent. With Sheifele, they ignored it.

15 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Hopefully no Habs players get bodychecked tonight seeing how they’re all made of glass and the DOPS protects them like their George Parros’ children.

Dumbest take on a thread full of dumb takes 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Who said anything about consistency? I said precedent.

When they decided on the length of Reaves' suspension, they set a precedent. With Sheifele, they ignored it.

Well, a precedent, an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstance, is looked at to provide consistency. They do go hand in hand. 

When I look at the rulings handed down by the DoPS, I never think that the previous suspensions length will set any course for the next suspension at all, because it hasn't. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Because I was one of the ones who believe that he was trying to prevent a goal and I said so at the time. I was told I was wrong by multiple people, so now that Sheifele has stated that preventing the goal was his aim, I'm wondering if all those folks think he's lying.

He used that argument in his hearing and they dismissed it. I mean it is the most self serving argument  he could have used  to try to lessen his suspension so it stands to reason that it may not be the total truth.  I don’t believe he intended the result. But I also don’t believe his only motivation was to prevent the goal when he clearly made no effort to make a play for the puck 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Well, a precedent, an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstance, is looked at to provide consistency. They do go hand in hand. 

When I look at the rulings handed down by the DoPS, I never think that the previous suspensions length will set any course for the next suspension at all, because it hasn't. 

That may be, but the point is, it should. This is why I have a problem with the length of the suspension.

• Vintage 1

Just now, qwijibo said:

He used that argument in his hearing and they dismissed it. I mean it is the most self serving argument  he could have used  to try to lessen his suspension so it stands to reason that it may not be the total truth.  I don’t believe he intended the result. But I also don’t believe his only motivation was to prevent the goal when he clearly made no effort to make a play for the puck 

Yes. You already said he was lying. I got that.

46 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That may be, but the point is, it should. This is why I have a problem with the length of the suspension.

Of course it should. However, if the DoPS has proven anything in it's existence, it's that it has no consistency in its rulings and seemingly has no concept of how to set a precedent. I think any sensible fan of the sport is frustrated with the truly erratic approach that the DoPS takes to doling out punishment. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2

Of course it should. However, if the DoPS has proven anything in it's existence, it's that it has no consistency in it's rulings and seemingly has no concept of how to set a precedent. I think any sensible fan of the sport is frustrated with the truly erratic approach that the DoPS takes to doling out punishment. 

Yet, most everyone seems to be happy with the suspension....

It doesn't strike you as unfair in any way? :unsure: