Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDF: (3) Winnipeg Jets vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-0

Rate this topic


2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How is it Aqua's fault? He's spending to the cap.

Benning gambled on the wrong players, He was hoping Virtanen and Gaudette would take another step forward, and signed an expensive vet in Holtby. 

He made the wrong moves. as long as he learns from it and the team gets better. 

He didn't provide money necessary to do buyouts and other resources to JB to do what was needed due to, understandably, coronavirus cash flow issues.

 

And spending to the cap in a Canadian market is an expectation of a owner, not something to be praised for.

Edited by 24K PureCool
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How is it Aqua's fault? He's spending to the cap.

Benning gambled on the wrong players, He was hoping Virtanen and Gaudette would take another step forward, and signed an expensive vet in Holtby. 

He made the wrong moves. as long as he learns from it and the team gets better. 

This offseason will show definitively if Benning has learned anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

He didn't provide money necessary to do buyouts and other resources to JB to do what was needed due to, understandably, coronavirus cash flow issues.

In the middle of a pandemic with no ticket revenue coming? Who can blame him?

 

Maybe Benning should stop wasting his money then begging for buyouts to waste more of it.

 

Benning is actually lucky Aqua wants to stop the spending a bit. Otherwise he would have been fired the minute the season ended like he should have been.

 

Benning had the cap to sign Toffoli. He just decided Virtanen and Holtby were better use of the cap. And was too busy chasing OEL and his anchor contract.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

In the middle of a pandemic with no ticket revenue coming? Who can blame him?

 

Maybe Benning should stop wasting his money then begging for buyouts to waste more of it.

 

Benning is actually lucky Aqua wants to stop the spending a bit. Otherwise he would have been fired the minute the season ended like he should have been.

:bored:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...