• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, also the time off will probably allow them to quarantine as they head south.   

I’m pretty sure they’ve received special allowances and don’t need to quarantine. But it will give them a chance to let some of the nagging bumps and bruises heal up. Petry could be back for game 1 depending on when the next round starts.  Hoping for a 7 game series for Vegas/Colorado. Lol 

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its funny how when the $&!# the bed stories come out, everyone is somehow lying except Benning. 

Players and gm's lie all the time. That much is true. 

But ask yourself. Ehat reason would Toffoli have to say all that? Why would he provide that much detail when a "I would have liked to stay but it didnt work out" would have accomplished the same thing? To somehow make Benning look bad? 

Nothing about what he said or how he said it came off as anything but sincere disappojntment at the Canucks not trying to keep him.

:bored:

Just now, qwijibo said:

I’m pretty sure they’ve received special allowances and don’t need to quarantine. But it will give them a chance to let some of the nagging bumps and bruises heal up. Petry could be back for game 1 depending on when the next round starts.  Hoping for a 7 game series for Vegas/Colorado. Lol 

That Vegas/Colorado series is a fun one to watch - two teams built by two shrewd GM's

1 minute ago, 50 Years and Counting said:

Can't wait to see Toffoli hoist the Cup! He's the type of winner you want in the room and on the ice.

Nice work Benning....

It seems every moves that Bergevin did in the offseason paid off and JBs' additions had all struggled.

It seems every moves that Bergevin did in the offseason paid off and JBs' additions had all struggled.

I don’t love the Merrill acquisition. But otherwise. Yes. He’s done well with his moves 

31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Can you imagine if the Habs win and Toffoli wins the Conn Smythe?  I can see a "Tyler Toffoli, do we really need him" thread reaching about 1000 pages...

If that's the price I gotta pay to have a Canadian team that I don't hate bring the cup north I'll happily pay it 

I would have been fine with Winnipeg too

But &^@# Calgary, Edmonton, and especially Toronto

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The only moves that havent worked for Bergevin lately are his current haircut and his red suit.

I mean, wtf bud, just wtf.

Yeah, he currently seems to have the Midas touch - right now; let's see how they do in the next series.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I'd say Holtby struggled. and Hamonic had a horrible start here (but picked up his game as the season progressed....Schmidt, however, did not 'struggle - he may not have produced what some people expected, but otherwise was solid, played a lot of challenging minutes, didn't have flattering production but struggled is a stretch.  In a normal, healthier season as opposed to having parachuted into this past covid year, those two will be fine (if Hamonic returns).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Yeah, he currently seems to have the Midas touch right now - let's see how they do in the next series.

He has made a lot of bad moves though through the years though.

We should be hopeful that Benning can rebound like that.

Definitely dont think the haircut and red suit are Benning's style though lol

• Haha 1