The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Discusion - Emil Pettersson

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Interesting take... only concern about this would be in case it doesn't work out. Could it influence Peteys general feelings towards the Canucks in a negative way?

Think they both would love to at least try to play together, so sure why not...

That isn't a problem with an GM that knows how to be open before they finalize a contract. 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

That isn't a problem with an GM that knows how to be open before they finalize a contract. 

You don't know that.... Neither do I...

I don't have a problem with signing Peteys brother, but if he doesn't cut it, it may not be seen in a good light by Petey.

Reality is probably, that both would be happy for the opportunity, but the way folks are being hounded by the media in Vancouver, That may have an influence on Petey, and that has f all to do with Benning.

Did you see, what Podz said about coming to VCR? 'If I have to start in AHL so be it...' The boy is willing to prove himself anywhere. That is why your pal Dahlen got dumped... Nothing more, nothing less.... It has nothing to do with Benning. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You don't know that.... Neither do I...

I don't have a problem with signing Peteys brother, but if he doesn't cut it, it may not be seen in a good light by Petey.

Reality is probably, that both would be happy for the opportunity, but the way folks are being hounded by the media in Vancouver, That may have an influence on Petey, and that has f all to do with Benning.

Did you see, what Podz said about coming to VCR? 'If I have to start in AHL so be it...' The boy is willing to prove himself anywhere. That is why your pal Dahlen got dumped... Nothing more, nothing less.... It has nothing to do with Benning. 

I'm not sure why you bring up Dahlen.

Are you also one of those that don't understand that an argument is just an argument? 

What Benning say as a GM has everything to do with how Petey handles the situation. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

No chance he comes here.

Why "no chance"?

His camp has stated he wants to try for an NHL team. The Canucks have space in their top-9 for young players to compete for, his brother who he is very close with plays for the Canucks and the Canucks have longstanding ties to Swedish players at this point.

Sure there's other teams in the running, but 0 chance sounds extreme no?

As for the OP I don't think it would be in the realm of possibility to hand Emil a spot in the top-6, nevermind the top line. He's had one great season in Sweden and will have to earn his spot. I think he's definitely worth giving a 1 year contract too (similar deal as Tkachev to the Kings) and seeing if he can translate his success over here.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Interesting take... only concern about this would be in case it doesn't work out. Could it influence Peteys general feelings towards the Canucks in a negative way?

Think they both would love to at least try to play together, so sure why not...

I have that concern too.  Do it only if he has a legit shot at making the team. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I'm not sure why you bring up Dahlen.

Are you also one of those that don't understand that an argument is just an argument? 

What Benning say as a GM has everything to do with how Petey handles the situation. 

I briught up Dahlen, cause your underlying issues with Benning seems to stem from the way the club handled him and Eriksson...

And ofcourse what Benning says has everything to do with it... And what Green says and what the Press says and ....

Hence my point, unless they are sure there’s a spot for him on the team, I don’t think they should entertain the idea of bringing him over. 

The way the Press turns everything Benning tries around and uses it as a negative could ruin a lot for Peteys future in Vancouver....Although I hope, I would be totally wrong. 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Maybe a chance but the Canucks don't have much in the way of extra contract room to take many gambles. They need a checking centerman, not sure Emil is a good fit at 3C and he would have some serious competition for the top 6

Big no to Barie...... Canucks would become the softest team in the league.

they need a play driving 3 c if they plan on 3 scoring lines. that is why playing miller there makes sense. miller even said he prefers playing center. petey and brock just need a physical winger to play with them. miller was great at that but it is easier to find a physical winger than a play driving center. imo.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

they need a play driving 3 c if they plan on 3 scoring lines. that is why playing miller there makes sense. miller even said he prefers playing center. petey and brock just need a physical winger to play with them. miller was great at that but it is easier to find a physical winger than a play driving center. imo.

if we have Petey, Bo and Miller each centring a line, we need to go out and get a couple of big and/or nasty wingers with some skill. Podkolzin will help for sure, but he'll need to be with Bo or Miller. 

Who can we get in free agency for LW for Petey and Brock that fits that role? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Why "no chance"?

His camp has stated he wants to try for an NHL team. The Canucks have space in their top-9 for young players to compete for, his brother who he is very close with plays for the Canucks and the Canucks have longstanding ties to Swedish players at this point.

Sure there's other teams in the running, but 0 chance sounds extreme no?

As for the OP I don't think it would be in the realm of possibility to hand Emil a spot in the top-6, nevermind the top line. He's had one great season in Sweden and will have to earn his spot. I think he's definitely worth giving a 1 year contract too (similar deal as Tkachev to the Kings) and seeing if he can translate his success over here.

Can't really speak too much to it but there's a strong possibility that EP and the Canucks will be severing their relationship.  With that said, it wouldn't make too much sense for other EP to come here.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I briught up Dahlen, cause your underlying issues with Benning seems to stem from the way the club handled him and Eriksson...

And ofcourse what Benning says has everything to do with it... And what Green says and what the Press says and ....

Hence my point, unless they are sure there’s a spot for him on the team, I don’t think they should entertain the idea of bringing him over. 

The way the Press turns everything Benning tries around and uses it as a negative could ruin a lot for Peteys future in Vancouver....Although I hope, I would be totally wrong. 

My underlying issue with Benning is how he handled different situations. Not who was dealt with.

Exactly the same problem I have with Trump.

It's not about who Trump behaved bad against. It's Trumps behaviour.

In Bennings case it's all about Bennings behaviour. 

I don't read the local media in Vancouver so I don't have that baggage with me when I analyze Benning.

I've not been on any HFboard either with their baggage... 

11 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

My underlying issue with Benning is how he handled different situations. Not who was dealt with.

Exactly the same problem I have with Trump.

It's not about who Trump behaved bad against. It's Trumps behaviour.

In Bennings case it's all about Bennings behaviour.å

I don't read the local media in Vancouver so I don't have that baggage with me when I analyze Benning.

I've not been on any HFboard either with their baggage... 

Me neither... and I don't get these vibes you seem to get...

I actually think he is well liked by his players... 

Comparing him to Trump makes me laugh... When the hell did Trump ever own up to a mistake, being honest or consider anyone but himself?

Nevermind Timråfan... All good, have a nice day. Its summer :)

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Me neither... and I don't get these vibes you seem to get...

I actually think he is well liked by his players... 

Comparing him to Trump makes me laugh... When the hell did Trump ever own up to a mistake, being honest or consider anyone but himself?

Nevermind Timråfan... All good, have a nice day. Its summer :)

I get neither of good or bad news about him. 

Here it's mostly poster that like to troll me but I don't mind. If they want to play that game so be it. B)

Yeah, it's finally summer. Three days in a row and people are starting to take a bath.

Likewise :)

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Can't really speak too much to it but there's a strong possibility that EP and the Canucks will be severing their relationship.  With that said, it wouldn't make too much sense for other EP to come here.

This is absolute crap. You have no basis to why there is a 'strong possibility'. Why wouldn't it make too much sense for other EP to come here? This is the type of unsubstantiated bias that you get called out for, and then you scurry to your absurd position that you're "trying to help".:rolleyes:

You crap on the existing prospects, or at best, give a lukewarm comment about them?  Lemme ask you again. Do you cheer for another team?

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

This is absolute crap. You have no basis to why there is a 'strong possibility'. Why wouldn't it make too much sense for other EP to come here? This is the type of unsubstantiated bias that you get called out for, and then you scurry to your absurd position that you're "trying to help".:rolleyes:

You crap on the existing prospects, or at best, give a lukewarm comment about them?  Lemme ask you again. Do you cheer for another team?

I've talked a bit about this before.  There is no source or anything tangible that I can pull up but I do trust the info I've received on this matter.

Again, what I say on this matter is not indicative of my feelings (I love EP) but it is worth bringing up in discussion where appropriate.  I tried to prepare people for this reality a few months ago with a thread, although many people laughed it off/took it as an opportunity to come at me.  Fair enough, sometimes people react badly to news they don't want to hear.

In any event, I'm simply connecting the two ideas together.

[you know, you know, you know]

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I've talked a bit about this before.  There is no source or anything tangible that I can pull up but I do trust the info I've received on this matter.

Again, what I say on this matter is not indicative of my feelings (I love EP) but it is worth bringing up in discussion where appropriate.  I tried to prepare people for this reality a few months ago with a thread, although many people laughed it off/took it as an opportunity to come at me.  Fair enough, sometimes people react badly to news they don't want to hear.

In any event, I'm simply connecting the two ideas together.

[you know, you know, you know]

Connecting what ideas? You are just stating bogus ideas, as you are nothing but a troll and then citing ghost sources as fact.

Can you give literally any insight in to this EP and the Canucks are done, Q Anon level conspiracy theory?

Hope this helps

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Connecting what ideas? You are just stating bogus ideas, as you are nothing but a troll and then citing ghost sources as fact.

Can you give literally any insight in to this EP and the Canucks are done, Q Anon level conspiracy theory?

Hope this helps

Lol whose burner do you belong to?

• RoughGame 1