The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Power isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Pronger...

Probably not.  Just like Dahlin, who half this fan base was willing to trade EP, BB and Horvat for, isn't the next Lidstrom.   Button isn't always right.  If he was Rafferty would have scored 20 points this year and solidified himself in our top four. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Probably not.  Just like Dahlin, who half this fan base was willing to trade EP, BB and Horvat for, isn't the next Lidstrom.   Button isn't always right.  If he was Rafferty would have scored 20 points this year and solidified himself in our top four. 

If Button was always right he'd be employed by an NHL team right now.  I appreciate his insight but it does need to be taken with a grain of salt.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

If Button was always right he'd be employed by an NHL team right now.  I appreciate his insight but it does need to be taken with a grain of salt.

that's what gets me about all the "pundits" out there, even the good ones. people reference these "expert analysts" as if they're the be all end all of hockey wisdom, yet oddly enough owners aren't beating their doors down to have them manage their teams.

wonder why that is ...

3 minutes ago, tas said:

that's what gets me about all the "pundits" out there, even the good ones. people reference these "expert analysts" as if they're the be all end all of hockey wisdom, yet oddly enough owners aren't beating their doors down to have them manage their teams.

wonder why that is ...

The exception was Burke because it was obvious he could get another job if he wanted to.  I really miss him on the panel.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I keep thinking "Maybe this year. They've got to get it this time, right? The whole team got COVID in March, surely there's karma involved?"

but then this is the Canucks. Just replace "COVID" with "Injured".  Happens every year.

If they get the 1st or even the 2nd, I'll be shocked and ecstatic, but I've got to prepare myself for the #11.  This is the Canucks after all.

And not to mention how our 50th anniversary season/celebration was ruined due to covid, which is, of course, the epitome of Canucks luck. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I have a ton of time for Craig Button. His call to beware of Virtanen’s lack of hockey IQ has always stuck with me. He freakin’ LOVES Podkolzin too.

Just now, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Wow just reading through the responses so many of my fellow Canucks fans seem deeply wounded by our past luck. 

let’s get past  that and look to a bright future, learning from our  failures is the our path to salvation. 

Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 1