The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah except these guys have been gifted 4 1st overall picks in their history and we've had none.

Gifted isn’t accurate. It’s not like they jumped up a ton of spots to get any of those firsts.  They’re a bad team who have languished at the bottom of the standings 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They need to trade this pick and try to turn that team around now. Keep throwing 18 year olds into that gong show nothing will change 

Move the 1st OA to Seattle with Skinner's contract.

Take a few depth players back to clean up the mess, and a few 2nd rounder's theyll get 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Poor guy.

I mean if any other franchise had Dahlin, Power, and Eichel you would say that they’re set up for the next decade.

Not the case here.

the Sabres incompetence got them 2 potential franchise defencemen.. sigghhhhhh

Hopefully Dahlin asks for a trade in the future as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Kraken already annoy me and there isn't even any Krakens yet.

What is the plural Kraken?... Kraken(s)? or is it one beast made up of a bunch of little parts, like the Power Rangers do? 

See, they're annoying. 

Krakai?

Either way this was a good day for our rivalry.

Yes they get the second best pick but I don’t see a franchise player there.

Of course Beniers could end up being the next Toews, or Clarke another Karlsson but those two definitely aren’t the clear cut franchise players that typically exist at 2nd overall.  

I like our odds at 9 of getting an equal or even better player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They need to trade this pick and try to turn that team around now. Keep throwing 18 year olds into that gong show nothing will change 

they need a Nate Schmidt + Jake Virtanen and 9th pick to turn their team around. :bigblush:

• Haha 2

Number 9, VAN will still get a real good player, and I'm sure Benning is doing his homework (as best he can with COVID). I think there will be some interesting picks in the Top 10 and it wouldn't surprise me to see McTavish and Wallstedt go early. Could other players go earlier than expected, giving the Canucks a great player?  VAN could still end up with Eklund, Guenther, Johnson or Sillinger.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

the Sabres incompetence got them 2 potential franchise defencemen.. sigghhhhhh

Hopefully Dahlin asks for a trade in the future as well. 

The key word is potential.

Players don’t reach their potential there.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Harold Snepsts' Moustache said:

Did 'Nucks get #1 pick?

.........NEIN!

who won the Austrian Grand Prix?

Lauda

who won the Austrian Grand Prix?

Lauda

WHO WON THE EFFING AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX?

LAUDA, EFFING LAUDA

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Number 9, VAN will still get a real good player, and I'm sure Benning is doing his homework (as best he can with COVID). I think there will be some interesting picks in the Top 10 and it wouldn't surprise me to see McTavish and Wallstedt go early. Could other players go earlier than expected, giving the Canucks a great player?  VAN could still end up with Eklund, Guenther, Johnson or Sillinger.

One of the top 4 Dman could very well

drop too. We gonna get a good player no doubt in my mind. Nice we didn’t slip to 11th 

• Like 1

I for one don't mind not winning thr lottery. Top picks generally tend to have massive second contracts and can take up a major portion of a team's cap space. At around our number, you can still find quality players and generally have more of a deep, balanced and more cap friendly team. I feel you can stay competitive longer due to thr fact that these players tend to need more time to marinate and take a bit longer to reach their peak, hence are cheaper for the earlier portions of their career.

Our captain was picked 9th as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1