The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

7 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

I for one don't mind not winning thr lottery. Top picks generally tend to have massive second contracts and can take up a major portion of a team's cap space. At around our number, you can still find quality players and generally have more of a deep, balanced and more cap friendly team. I feel you can stay competitive longer due to thr fact that these players tend to need more time to marinate and take a bit longer to reach their peak, hence are cheaper for the earlier portions of their career.

Our captain was picked 9th as well!

Cap space is there to be spent on quality players.

You're happy were not getting a top tier prospect because we may have to pay him?

Jesus....

tenor.gif?itemid=7369802

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

So I you think Kraken deserved it. Eff that. Buffalo is a mess and in the east they can have it. Not much difference between any of the picks in the top 10 this year anyway 

Eh, I hold no love for the Kraken. Apparently some disillusioned Canuck fans have become Kraken fans. Goody.

But there is every indication that the Kraken are building a top notch organization light years ahead of the Buffalo Sabres tire fire. Add to the fact that Buffalo has many #1 picks and we have had none….including the one in 1970 which we lost at the spin of the wheel.

Buffalo winning the lottery won’t be celebrated by me, no sir.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

I'll take any of the big 4 defensemen available this year, but there's no way any of them are left standing at 9th :(

Same thing was said about Hughes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the younger Hughes dropped.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Same thing was said about Hughes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the younger Hughes dropped.

True! But 9th is a lot further than 7th especially in a draft known for defensemen. But hopefully teams ahead of take positional needs first. Hughes or Clarke dropping to 9th would be a godsend.

Edited by EmilyM
changed 6th to 7th

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I'll take any of the big 4 defensemen available this year, but there's no way any of them are left standing at 9th :(

Maybe? Apparently Hughes has dropped a bit in some rankings. That would be amazing and hilarious. :towel:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah due to being run like ****.

They've had some amazing players and keep getting rewarded for being incompetent.

What have we had gifted to us?  

Regardless.  If you’d like to suffer through the kinds of seasons Buffalo has had the last several seasons then the Canucks might be “gifted” a top pick. That’s how the draft lottery works 

15 minutes ago, rekker said:

No way, but.....if it involves Seth Jones I may be game.

Thats a big no for me. i've watched many bluejacket games and i understand he was playing under torts so expect players to look more crap then they are.. But jones brings nothing to the table to say hes a true number 1. People have wayy to much of a hard on for any and all RHD atm. Im not selling the farm for a 26/27 year old needing his last big contract

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The best thing about this draft lottery was seeing Stars GM Jim Nill's reaction.

I don't think he expected anything more.

"Alright, the party's over for me. Good thing I'm getting outta here quick."

19 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Move the 1st OA to Seattle with Skinner's contract.

Take a few depth players back to clean up the mess, and a few 2nd rounder's theyll get 

Watch skinner go back to 30/40 goals once hes out of buffalo too lmao

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

True! But 9th is a lot further than 7th especially in a draft known for defensemen. But hopefully teams ahead of take positional needs first. Hughes or Clarke dropping to 9th would be a godsend.

Well McTavish will have something to say about bumping someone, and I keep seeing Guenther making his way into the conversation of a top 8 pick.

And then of course there’s Detroit. Can they really pass on Wallstedt with all the trouble they’ve had finding a number 1?

8 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Eh, I hold no love for the Kraken. Apparently some disillusioned Canuck fans have become Kraken fans. Goody.

But there is every indication that the Kraken are building a top notch organization light years ahead of the Buffalo Sabres tire fire. Add to the fact that Buffalo has many #1 picks and we have had none….including the one in 1970 which we lost at the spin of the wheel.

Buffalo winning the lottery won’t be celebrated by me, no sir.

No I get that it’s shouldn’t be celebrated. I was merely making a point that I’d rather it’s Buffalo then Seattle. If Seattle won it everyone would say it’s rigged lol. But Buffalo sure beats any of the other teams around us and it’s not like the Rangers or Flyers won it. Teams that recently got first and second overalls but are pretty much playoff teams 

Edited by Devron44
Shouldn’t not should