The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

Maybe BUF takes Clarke or Beniers? I think SEA takes a forward, as they'll want a superstar to excite the fanbase. I can see DET taking Wallstedt as well. This has been a weird season of scouting, some players dropped like rocks because they weren't playing enough or whatever. Players like Lucius and Lambos, could both be very good players, yet they aren't really mentioned much with the emergence of McTavish and Sillinger. It's going to be a very interesting draft, unpredictable.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Well at least we are still picking in the top 10. 

As much as I would have loved to win the lotto, part of me would be scared to select Power.

Could you imagine we finally select first overall and select a bust?

My question is if Power was say 6’1” and not 6’5” would he be ranked as high?

Gotta be weary of size hype.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Quinny dropped cuz of his size. His brother really doesn't have that issue. I bet he goes top-6.

That was part of it, but if I remember correctly, it was because some of the others drafted based on need: Canadiens and Coyotes both wanted a Center and drafted Kotkaniemi and Hayton respectively, Detroit wanted a forward and drafted Zadina.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe BUF takes Clarke or Beniers? I think SEA takes a forward, as they'll want a superstar to excite the fanbase. I can see DET taking Wallstedt as well. This has been a weird season of scouting, some players dropped like rocks because they weren't playing enough or whatever. Players like Lucius and Lambos, could both be very good players, yet they aren't really mentioned much with the emergence of McTavish and Sillinger. It's going to be a very interesting draft, unpredictable.

I think it'll go:

1. Power

2. Beniers

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

That was part of it, but if I remember correctly, it was because some of the others drafted based on need: Canadiens and Coyotes both wanted a Center and drafted Kotkaniemi and Hayton respectively, Detroit wanted a forward and drafted Zadina.

Fair assessment true, but I wonder if they would've skipped  Quinn for positional need if he was 6'2

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Don’t say I didn’t tell you guys that,

We aren’t winning the draft lottery. 

***meanwhile in JYD’s head***

This Is Fine GIF

But we didn't lose.   For us, that's a win!!!!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Pronger is one of the GOAT's, Power could be the closest thing in a while. Guys like Pronger and Hedman  who can log 25-30 mins a night are in my opinion more valuable than a McDavid. Example the year Hedman was hurt and the Lightning got swept by Columbus. 

Pronger had a nasty streak. He took a few guys out of the league with his cheap shots. Nobody wanted to go to the front of the net when Pronger was on the ice. I don’t see any nastiness at all from Power. He’s not that type of D even though he is 6’6”. 

Hedman has much more of a toolbox than Power as well. Power will be a top 4 defenceman in the NHL. But I don’t think he is at the level of a Pronger or a Hedman. 

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

If we can get McTavish you take that and run.

Not sold on the big Swede D-man. Hockey IQ a bit questionable. After Jake, I’m very sensitive to this.

Might be another Broberg.

I’d be good with any one of Johnson, Eklund, or McTavish.