The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

22 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Plus I believe he can make the team sooner rather than later. 

My only question is will he be an impact player or more of a support player?

Our goal at 9 needs to be an impact player.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

F u Bettman. Keeping the 1st overall in state for the last decade it seems. New Jersey, New York and Buffalo all getting high picks. 

^Conspiracy theorists are united on this one!

All I see is that the faux-draft system/experience is anything but transparent.

Just go back to drafting in the reverse order of the standings at season’s end & then play-off teams drafting in reverse order of their play-off ranking by round.

^At least that is completely transparent and noboby can do anything dodgey with that. If a team wants to tank for picks, let’ em. There are always consequences to choices, including tanking. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Heretic said:

I hope Button is wrong, Hughes going to the Kings @ 8th. 

https://www.tsn.ca/michigan-mock-button-has-power-to-sabres-beniers-to-seattle-johnson-a-canuck-1.1648638

Be great if we get him.

Kings don’t need a goalie with Peterson and have a solid forward group of prospects. They will likely take a D. Could see them take an offensive winger too. 

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Kings don’t need a goalie with Peterson and have a solid forward group of prospects. They will likely take a D. Could see them take an offensive winger too. 

No offense to Peterson but if they’re putting all their eggs in that basket they’re screwed.

Projects to be a decent backup not a starter though.

They absolutely could use a blue chip goalie to replace Quick. Only question is whether or not they wanna spend a top 10 pick doing it.

3 hours ago, viking mama said:

^Conspiracy theorists are united on this one!

All I see is that the faux-draft system/experience is anything but transparent.

Just go back to drafting in the reverse order of the standings at season’s end & then play-off teams drafting in reverse order of their play-off ranking by round.

^At least that is completely transparent and noboby can do anything dodgey with that. If a team wants to tank for picks, let’ em. There are always consequences to choices, including tanking. 

Just because it isn’t broadcast for fans doesn’t mean it’s not transparent.  It’s overseen by Ernst and Young. Who’s reputation is far more valuable than fixing a draft lottery. In addition a representative from each team is in attendance during the lottery to confirm the results.  

7 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I may be wrong, but I think @Apricot is actually a lady. I seem to recall a conversation on a game day thread where she revealed this and a few people were aghast. 

Tis true, I am an indeed a lady :). Thanks for looking out! 

Is someone talking trash? I'm down to fight if so. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

“Regardless of position”

Would fans be mad if we took Wallstedt?

I wouldn’t be, but if we pick him I would think it would be because of a way to flip (although would prefer to trade down in that case) 

I do think we need to look for a D or C though 

Button has Eklund picked at 7th... maybe he could drop all the way to 9th...

Johnson is compared to Petey, which is enticing, but he's another skinny kid...

McTavish is taken @10 according to Button... Was there something about his skating/speed? and Sillinger at 12...

We are getting a good player, but with sample size so small there could be some real gems dropping...lets just hope we pick one of them.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Apricot said:

Tis true, I am an indeed a lady :). Thanks for looking out! 

Is someone talking trash? I'm down to fight if so. 

Wasn't sure about this either..& I happened to be chatting with ol' chum, Tom Jones(big Van fan!), who confirmed:

SHE's A LAAAADY! WHOA, WHOA WHOA...

...couldn't get the guy to settle down

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Wasn't sure about this either..& I happened to be chatting with ol' chum, Tom Jones(big Van fan!), who confirmed:

SHE's A LAAAADY! WHOA, WHOA WHOA...

...couldn't get the guy to settle down

:lol:

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Button has Eklund picked at 7th... maybe he could drop all the way to 9th...

Johnson is compared to Petey, which is enticing, but he's another skinny kid...

McTavish is taken @10 according to Button... Was there something about his skating/speed? and Sillinger at 12...

We are getting a good player, but with sample size so small there could be some real gems dropping...lets just hope we pick one of them.

But who has Eklund picked?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No offense to Peterson but if they’re putting all their eggs in that basket they’re screwed.

Projects to be a decent backup not a starter though.

They absolutely could use a blue chip goalie to replace Quick. Only question is whether or not they wanna spend a top 10 pick doing it.

For where the Kings are at he’s been pretty good with this past season being his first as a starter. Petersen is also having an insane World Championships right now. 1.01 GGA and .961 save percentage in 5 games. By all accounts they look committed to Petersen and this WC performance would help solidify that. 

Kings have bigger needs too, especially at D, and they’re in a position to possibly draft one or the top 4 D prospects in the draft. After that offensive players would help round out their blue chip two-way talents. 

Y’all seem to forget there’s another good G in this draft in Sebastian Cossa too who will likely be a late 1st/early 2nd.  6’6’’ kid that oozes potential. 

5 hours ago, CupIsComing said:

Even with their present ownership situation, I can't feel too sorry for Buffalo. Joined the league same year as us...have now had four first overalls in the amateur draft. Perreault, Turgeon, Dahlin...not too shabby!

Buffalo 4: Vancouver 0

Yeah, two 1st OA’s in the past year