The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Skating and lack of physical play for a bigger guy are making me doubt that pick.

Skating????

Not sure where you got that one. He is very mobile.  The only thing negative that I have found is that he needs to improve his strength and top speed. Watch his videos. His mobility is top notch.

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Skating????

Not sure where you got that one. He is very mobile.  The only thing negative that I have found is that he needs to improve his strength and top speed. Watch his videos. His mobility is top notch.

Pronman from the Atheltic claims scouts are hesitant because he has “average foot speed”.

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

He has been bumped to second best forward in North America. 

Central scouting?

I would be hesitant with any jump that high in a short amount of time.

Dont get me wrong I’d be happy with the pick, just hoping for a higher impact player at 9.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Central scouting?

Dont get me wrong I’d be happy with the pick, just hoping for a higher impact player at 9.

McTavish is a baller some say a shotcaller making money the fly way

Edited by Bertuzzipunch

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

McTavish is a baller some say a shotcaller making money the hard way

I’d go with Johnson or Guenther personally.

Im still hoping a miracle happens and Clarke or Edvinsson drop or barring that Eklund is somehow on the board.

My expectations are simple we will pick in the top 10 that is my only guarantee. I am a betting man so I did the draft lottery simulator 10 times and we picked 1st overall 3 x 9th 3x and 10th 4x. So I’ll throw $100 down on 1st overall ::D. Regardless we have JB picking and we will get a top player in this draft maybe even the best :towel:

1 minute ago, NucksIn50 said:

My expectations are simple we will pick in the top 10 that is my only guarantee. I am a betting man so I did the draft lottery simulator 10 times and we picked 1st overall 3 x 9th 3x and 10th 4x. So I’ll throw $100 down on 1st overall ::D. Regardless we have JB picking and we will get a top player in this draft maybe even the best :towel:

Hate to break it to you but we could potentially pick 11th...

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Central scouting?

I think the issue this year is even at first overall there isn't a player who can step in. They will all be a year or two away.

Even Benier has strength issues and will need a year or two.

Powers scares me. I worry he is a Jake type.  

It will be a year for fancy stats. Even Jim said they would play a big role this year.

I like what McTavish could become. Lol

I mean would I like a top 2 pick? Of course, we'd be silly to think otherwise. Will there be a gem at 9 or 10 that falls to us? I'd say we can almost guarantee it this year and I'm confident we will grab one of them. I'll be happy no matter what. I'm sure the Leafs losing has something to do with that ;)

Just now, ohmy said:

I mean would I like a top 2 pick? Of course, we'd be silly to think otherwise. Will there be a gem at 9 or 10 that falls to us? I'd say we can almost guarantee it this year and I'm confident we will grab one of them. I'll be happy no matter what. I'm sure the Leafs losing has something to do with that ;)

Well if it’s a choice between a 4 game sweep, a first round collapse, or a 10th overall pick I know what I’d choose.

• Cheers 1

So I ran the simulator 10 times ( I'll do more, ofc) ...

Twice at 2

Six at 9

One 10

One 11

(Interestingly, at both my 2's, Seattle drew 1st)

Woohoo - on the 21st ..

20210601_192140.jpg

Edited by Googlie