The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Karel Plasek

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

From what I've read, the Canucks especially like his high IQ and skating.

2019 draft pick in the 6th round. We NEED talented players like these.

2019 is showing a ton of promise.

"Keppen is the only player chosen by the Canucks in 2019 without a contract. The Canucks would have needed to sign the 122nd overall pick by June 1 to retain his playing rights."

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-ethan-keppen-set-free-big-plans-for-viktor-persson-and-karel-plasek

• Cheers 2

Just now, Dazzle said:

6th round pick that got a contract, and is thought to be similar to Jasek who's flourishing in the North American game?

It's difficult to see you cheering for this team, based on your attitude. Which team do you actually watch, because it's certainly not the Canucks.

I'm not saying he won't be good.  I'm just saying that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with these claims that he's a home-run.  If the sea of Shirokovs hasn't taught anybody anything, then maybe Adam Gaudette will?  Idk.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You won't have to wait long - we lose his rights at midnight so that gives Benning 12 hours.

It's weird because as I look at the Northeastern picks (of which McDonough was one), we already traded Madden AND Gaudette. And I'm pretty sure Gaudette and McDonough were friends.

I'm thinking he is going to be let go, but who knows.

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

I'm not saying he won't be good.  I'm just saying that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with these claims that he's a home-run.  If the sea of Shirokovs hasn't taught anybody anything, then maybe Adam Gaudette will?  Idk.

Hope this helps.

If you can get a useful player in such a late part of the draft, that is a home run. Jasek/Plasek are intriguing prospects. Jasek has already done quite well for himself in the AHL. There's no reason to think Plasek can't do the same, since they are said to play similar game/styles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

If you can get a useful player in such a late part of the draft, that is a home run. Jasek/Plasek are intriguing prospects. Jasek has already done quite well for himself in the AHL. There's no reason to think Plasek can't do the same, since they are said to play similar game/styles.

Sure but the barometer is still success in the NHL.  We aren't trying to win the Calder Cup.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 3