The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Karel Plasek

2 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

You have a decent argument here AV... But ruin it at the end with your 'i hope this helps' condescending statement.  

Simply a d!ck move.  

Perhaps, that's the interpretation of my signature.  In any event, I genuinely try to help people with my posts.

[signature redacted]

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 3

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Perhaps, that's the interpretation of my signature.  In any event, I genuinely try to help people with my posts.

[signature redacted]

The amount of time you spend in here making jokes, you could become a comedian.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You won't have to wait long - we lose his rights at midnight so that gives Benning 12 hours.

This guy, Blah Blah^^^^^...talking out of his @$$ again.  Canucks have until August 2023 to sign McDonough.

Nice signing on Plasek...been a long time since the Canucks have had any Czech/Slovak on the squad. Hopefully Plasek and Jasek will join the ranks of Vrbata, Demitra, Malik, Nedved, Slegr, Hlinka, Bubla as Canucks players.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

One comment to another user about tapering expectations and it spawns this:

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The amount of time you spend in here, you could become a comedian.

3 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

You have a personality like Brad Marchant... All the talent in the world... But can't help but be a douche from time to time.  Really not necessary and muddies his reputation.  Little man complex?

Makes you wonder..

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

30 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

One comment to another user about tapering expectations and it spawns this:

Makes you wonder..

It is good that you wonder. That is your reputation following you around.

Wondering is a good thing. That’s how we correct ourselves.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

29 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If you can get a useful player in such a late part of the draft, that is a home run. Jasek/Plasek are intriguing prospects. Jasek has already done quite well for himself in the AHL. There's no reason to think Plasek can't do the same, since they are said to play similar game/styles.

Hopefully, Jasek finally makes it to the show this year. It sounds like he has done all that was asked from him with the Comets.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Plasek is kind of like Lukas Jasek. Bounced around multiple Czech leagues as a young guy. High IQ. I'm hoping he develops nicely in Abbotsford. Apparently there's no European out clause so he's gonna be here for the next three years minimum. Excited to see what he can do.

I'm expecting Arvid Costmar and Aidan McDonough will get contracts within the next year. I think McDonough plays one more year at Northeastern and signs. Costmar plays one more year in Sweden before coming over. With Keppen not being signed, the only other true question mark from the 2019 NHL draft is Jack Malone. He had a remarkably meh year in his freshmen year at Cornell and a so/so year in the USHL this year. I don't expect the Canucks to make a decision on Jack until the summer of 2023 when the Canucks rights expire for him (that's the advantage of drafting college bound guys, you get 4 years to watch there development!). He could develop into someone worth signing but the fact that 2 guys in a draft class of 9 players may not be signed is still pretty damn remarkable and shows how strong that draft class was for the Canucks.

My next question is -- now that Plasek has signed -- will Toni Utunen be the next Canucks prospect to get an ELC?!?

Hopefully its Linus Karlsson,. That guy needs to be Abby ASAP

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because they don't want to acknowledge at least Benning has the draft part correctly. It's the player management, and pro scouting that's an issue. 

Which I say is a fair critique. But not worth the hatred that gets heaped on him. 

ya agreed i hope benning has a few trades lined up soo we do much better next yr first  of all he needs to fire briwn and baumer  otherwise we might be in on top 5 pick next yr again 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

"Hit it out of the park"

Animated GIF

Let's see him establish himself first before we start the inevitable hype that leads "hInDsiGhT bRo"

Can I respectfully ask something? Is this like...a bit, or a character you play online? I swear you are often just negative for the sake of being negative. Even in the reply post you mentioned you aren't saying that he won't be a good player. How is someone celebrating a player well drafted, and getting a contract out of later round draft pick worth a full post with a condescending gif? No one is posting saying he's going to make the team our of camp or anything. All I saw was someone expressing excitement over the fact that the 2019 draft is shaping up really well for us.

I just can't tell of you honestly hate this management so much that you feel the need to be rude online to vent, or if it's just a part you play on the ecosystem of CDC. I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by shayster007
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Hopefully its Linus Karlsson,. That guy needs to be Abby ASAP

He just signed a contract in the SHL for next season with Skelleftea. My gut says he'll be signed next Summer (if not, we'll lose his rights and I don't think the Canucks want to see that happen after trading Dahlen for him).  I do agree, I'm surprised he didn't sign with the Canucks this summer. But a year in the SHL before jumping over to North America isn't a bad idea. Karlsson has had a nice rise since the Canucks acquired his rights and dominated the Allesvensken over the last two years and as a C prospect I hope he can make strides to be an NHLer one day. Our C prospect depth is weak and, as it stands, I think he's gotta be the 2nd or 3rd ranked C prospect in our system. 

Edited by Quantum
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Quantum said:

He just signed a contract in the SHL for next season with Skelleftea. My gut says he'll be signed next Summer (if not, we'll lose his rights and I don't the Canucks want to see that happen after trading Dahlen for him).  I do agree, I'm surprised he didn't sign with the Canucks this summer. But a year in the SHL before jumping over to North America isn't a bad idea. Karlsson has had a nice rise since the Canucks acquired his rights and dominated the Allesvensken over the last two years and as a C prospect I hope he can make strides to be an NHLer one day. Our C prospect depth is weak and, as it stands, I think he's gotta be the 2nd or 3rd ranked C prospect in our system. 

his contract has a out clause for canucks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1