The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Podkolzin (The Lion) be the greatest playoff performer in canucks history

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

So if he has a 10 game slump where he's getting shots on goal, but can't bury them. Are you going to crucify him? 

How about be excited for the kid. And just appreciate whatever he brings. I know I'm just going to love his compete level, because the kid wants to win. 

That's always a good foundation. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So if he has a 10 game slump where he's getting shots on goal, but can't bury them. Are you going to crucify him? 

How about be excited for the kid. And just appreciate whatever he brings. I know I'm just going to love his compete level, because the kid wants to win. 

That's always a good foundation. 

Me cruify…that’s absurd 

I'm just saying there's jump from the KHL to the NHL. Let's just back him up, in good times or bad. He's going to be a rookie, he's going to make mistakes. He might even take penalties you don't like, because he's a competitor. I don't care if he gets 10-20 points to start his first year. As long as his work ethic is there, and he keeps learning and improving.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Yeesh... it is one thing to be hopeful and excited and another thing to be nutbar factor 10.

The kid hasn’t stepped onto an NHL rink yet... let’s keep expectations in the realm of realistic.

We have plenty of warriors in team history that have already been great playoff performers, maybe don’t shove them aside quite yet?

1E4BEFC7-5EF6-4DE4-88BF-C45EF3394EBB.jpeg

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1

He had 11 points in 35 games this year in the KHL. I’ll be happy if he works hard and earns a spot on the roster at all next year. People need to temper their expectations with this kid. That being said, I hope he scores 60 goals next season and wins the Conn Smythe and has his jersey retired league wide. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yeesh... it is one thing to be hopeful and excited and another thing to be nutbar factor 10.

The kid hasn’t stepped onto an NHL rink yet... let’s keep expectations in the realm of realistic.

We have plenty of warriors in team history that have already been great playoff performers, maybe don’t shove them aside quite yet?

1E4BEFC7-5EF6-4DE4-88BF-C45EF3394EBB.jpeg

I have read over your concers and will kindly pass. :)

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Podkolzin isn’t the lion. He’s Rafiki.

E21EE3B0-8F3B-470B-A7A5-A71F19A18262.gif.b1c5f25f0ca00ef711b72cbe8564b56c.gif

That little lion represents losing seasons and playoff failures.

Podkolzin has arrived to chuck all that **** off of a cliff, while we (the cheering animals below) celebrate. ;) 

Lmfao

35 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm just saying there's jump from the KHL to the NHL. Let's just back him up, in good times or bad. He's going to be a rookie, he's going to make mistakes. He might even take penalties you don't like, because he's a competitor. I don't care if he gets 10-20 points to start his first year. As long as his work ethic is there, and he keeps learning and improving.

True, but (like Hogs) Pod will actually be better on our smaller ice sheets.  Green is going to love this player, and play him a lot  

• Vintage 1

Impossible to know! But I definitely like the way he plays, and there's good reason to believe he'll be a great playoff performer one day.

As a core, we have some guys that really know how to crank it up a notch come playoff time.

Look no further than Bo Horvat. He was great in the bubble last year, scoring tons of clutch goals and playing like a leader. Just as he was back in London.

Thatcher Demko was unbelievable, if only for a few games. But it's clear he knows how to lock things down when the stakes are high.

Elite Pete is the Golden God back in Sweden. He was also very very good in the bubble. 

Even Boeser's won at the College ranks.

We just gotta get there first....

Edited by nergish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nergish said:

Impossible to know! But I definitely like the way he plays, and there's good reason to believe he'll be a great playoff performer one day.

As a core, we have some guys that really know how to crank it up a notch come playoff time.

Look no further than Bo Horvat. He was great in the bubble last year, scoring tons of clutch goals and playing like a leader. Just as he was back on London.

Thatcher Demko was unbelievable, if only for a few games. But it's clear he knows how to lock things down when the stakes are high.

Elite Pete is the Golden God back in Sweden. He was also very very good in the bubble. 

Even Boeser's won at the College ranks.

We just gotta get there first....

Podz was an absolute rockstar in the playoffs for SKA this season. (When the coach actually played him)