The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Podkolzin (The Lion) be the greatest playoff performer in canucks history

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I think so, actually im guaranteeing it. You cant stop the lion. Huge goals massive hits complete destruction of the other team. The NHL is officially on alert 

Trevor Linden says hi

80 points in 79 games before Messier. 

His regular season production over that period was the order of 80-85% i.e. his production went up in the playoffs vs many of the disappearing acts we had after that (cough cough Naslund, Bertuzzi, Sedins cough cough)

• Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Trevor Linden says hi

80 points in 79 games before Messier. 

His regular season production over that period was the order of 80-85% i.e. his production went up in the playoffs vs many of the disappearing acts we had after that (cough cough Naslund, Bertuzzi, Sedins cough cough)

I wouldn't say the Sedins were not playoff performers, maybe not elite carry your team scorers but from 08/09 season on H. Sedin had 58 point in 62 playoff games and D Sedin had 53 points in 58 games 

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

He can't hiiiiiiiideeeee his lion-eyes

& that griiiiittttt, or long strides

Thought OP, should realizzzzzzze

There ain't no way, Pod hides his lion-eyes

I get up, & pour myself a strong one....

I hope it won't be....

Another season it's gonna be a long one,

He draws the shade and hangs his head to cry.

^_^:P

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

He had 11 points in 35 games this year in the KHL. I’ll be happy if he works hard and earns a spot on the roster at all next year. People need to temper their expectations with this kid. That being said, I hope he scores 60 goals next season and wins the Conn Smythe and has his jersey retired league wide. 

He was used sparingly and not in quality zone starts from what I read mid KHL season. But yes tempered expectations. Unlike the ludicrous thread title by the OP. 

Linden, Ronning, Babych, Courtnall...EP and Horvat all have shown an extra gear come playoff time.   Can say it's been a long time since we've seen players that consistently amp up their play come post season and hope that this team can carry the mail like Lindens teams did.    Horvat was beast mode against St. Louis, IMO the best of the bunch compared to regular season play, especially lined up against O'Reilly. 

We have others too.  Adams.  Factually most of Lindens teams were on par or over par come post season, unlike the WCE and Sedin era.   Hope that's what we are seeing now.  McLean too.   Demko did it as well but not like McLean did it.   Or even Luongo. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

damn that highlight video can get a guy excited.  Pods plays the right way, let's hope he can make the jump to the NHL and play this same style against the best in the world

• Hydration 1

If Podz becomes the best of the bunch we are golden.   If he just reaches his floor we are still ok.  Need middle six warriors.   

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

He was used sparingly and not in quality zone starts from what I read mid KHL season. But yes tempered expectations. Unlike the ludicrous thread title by the OP. 

Ludicrous?

image.gif.4a8494e80def7711fdba1fbe533c5644.gif

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, CR7 said:

I wouldn't say the Sedins were not playoff performers, maybe not elite carry your team scorers but from 08/09 season on H. Sedin had 58 point in 62 playoff games and D Sedin had 53 points in 58 games 

Unfortunately they like a lot of good/great players, couldn't match their regular season play.    Look at Lindens PGP regular season and his playoff PGP ... Williams is a recent example of that.   Need guys like that to win. 

1 hour ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Dude isnt afraid to fight 

My word what do we have here? 

I haven\t seen this package before but Podkolzin looks to have one part OV and one part Ivan Drago in him.

• Like 2