The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Podkolzin (The Lion) be the greatest playoff performer in canucks history

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

19 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

He had 11 points in 35 games this year in the KHL. I’ll be happy if he works hard and earns a spot on the roster at all next year. People need to temper their expectations with this kid. That being said, I hope he scores 60 goals next season and wins the Conn Smythe and has his jersey retired league wide. 

With limited ice time and nearly all 5v5 exposure as a third/fourth liner on most nights.

As Canucks fans, we've become conditioned to guard and temper our expectations for fear of being disappointed.  I think as Canucks fans we need to start thinking like winners by having expectations of greatness.

I expect Podkolzin to come and blow the doors off like Petterson and Hughes did. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, warrchief said:

Podkolzin will never give up on a play. That guy is perfect with Horvat and Hog as a hard pressure line. 

Definitely a big contributor though, with a bunch of votes.

And lots of room on his fingers for championship rings and a desk loaded with conn smythe winning trophys!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

And lots of room on his fingers for championship rings and a desk loaded with conn smythe winning trophys!

I think Demko gets the conn smythes but I wouldn't complain about a little mini cup trophy and a big ring

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, wasn't Pods talked of in the circles of his draft year as a top three pick? Well....up until he signed with the KHL that is.

That being the case, then why can't we expect him to be impactive right away. At the very least as impactful as Hoglander was in his debut. I  think it's realistic to expect that, don't you think?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Sativika said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't Pods talked of in the circles of his draft year as a top three pick? Well....up until he signed with the KHL that is.

That being the case, then why can't we expect him to be impactive right away. At the very least as impactful as Hoglander was in his debut. I  think it's realistic to expect that, don't you think?

Of course, im just spreading the knowledge 

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

He can't hiiiiiiiideeeee his lion-eyes

& that griiiiittttt, or long strides

Thought OP, should realizzzzzzze

There ain't no way, Pod hides his lion-eyes

I get up, & pour myself a strong one....

Podkolzin, the Eagle has landed!    

image.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Tarasenko anyone , maybe not a 35G + season but I can expect some 25G seasons

Benning himself says that Podkolzin does not have an elite shot (which Tarasenko has).   He compares him to Miller without the shot and says good players will want to play with him because he will do the dirty work and get them the puck.  

Might be a fit with Pettersson down the road especially if Miller moves to center his own line. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Gassy Jack said:

CARDS_2021_PODZ.jpg.3275772653844e757eb89b0313e46636.jpg

Damn.   You just keep nailing it!   You should be selling these id buy them.   Include one rare "foil" card in each pack from some former ex-canuck.   Wonder what Lindens would look like?   If Podz comes in and kills it we need a Podz upvote thingy with Drago's face on it. 

• Thanks 1