Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Podkolzin (The Lion) be the greatest playoff performer in canucks history

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

On 6/9/2021 at 12:24 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

....BTW, anybody heard any news on 'Jake the Ripper" lately ?

 

On 6/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

I passed the arena today and his picture is still up right next to EP.

You mean you saw his picture at the old post office across the street?  How much is the reward for his capture currently sitting at?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

 

You mean you saw his picture at the old post office across the street?  How much is the reward for his capture currently sitting at?

$5

 

Nah, it’s one of those huge banners they have on the outside of the arena and he’s right next to Petey.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

We gonna need a Podkolzin statue pretty soon. 

Contract the government to make it, by the time they’re finished we should know whether we should erect it or scrap it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

CDC'rs getting unnecessarily hyped behind a young new addition they really don't know that much of anything about. Kinda like with Vey and Tryamkin, remember? I even read at one of the Sportsnet Canuck forums a couple weeks ago someone actually said with a straight face the Canucks top-6 is "pretty well set." "Pretty well set" for what, exactly? We don't know anything about this kid, but, CDC'rs already have him slated for the top-6? I'm guessing those are also the same CDC'rs who want to dump Miller, and think Pettersson should be centering the top line rather than the captain. 53's capable of #1 C minutes and status in the NHL, but, GMJB absolutely HAS to put legitimate and quality top-6 players at his side. Not rookies and sophomores. To think there was a genuine window of opportunity where the Canucks could've had a top line today of Kane-Horvat-Toffoli. GMJB should be working 24/7 to put something comparable together sooner than later if this team is going to go forward with Horvat still on the roster. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 9:56 AM, Sativika said:

Congrats to Pods, but...........oh my...........so young.

Were they childhood sweethearts or something along those lines?

 

Likely an IG influencer/ model that these NHLers seem to be ruining themselves with.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Yes let the stink settle down before diving back in. Hopefully they don’t forget how horrible so many aspects of our game was. 

 

 

11 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

CDC'rs getting unnecessarily hyped behind a young new addition they really don't know that much of anything about. Kinda like with Vey and Tryamkin, remember? I even read at one of the Sportsnet Canuck forums a couple weeks ago someone actually said with a straight face the Canucks top-6 is "pretty well set." "Pretty well set" for what, exactly? We don't know anything about this kid, but, CDC'rs already have him slated for the top-6? I'm guessing those are also the same CDC'rs who want to dump Miller, and think Pettersson should be centering the top line rather than the captain. 53's capable of #1 C minutes and status in the NHL, but, GMJB absolutely HAS to put legitimate and quality top-6 players at his side. Not rookies and sophomores. To think there was a genuine window of opportunity where the Canucks could've had a top line today of Kane-Horvat-Toffoli. GMJB should be working 24/7 to put something comparable together sooner than later if this team is going to go forward with Horvat still on the roster. 

YOU don’t know anything about this kid; many of us here have followed him since his draft year. 

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Yes let the stink settle down before diving back in. Hopefully they don’t forget how horrible so many aspects of our game was. 

 

 

YOU don’t know anything about this kid; many of us here have followed him since his draft year. 

I think there’s a difference between actually “following” a player since draft day versus merely being familiar with their name. Particularly if said player is only 19 and hasn’t even been playing in North America. Unless you’re with the scouting department, I think it’s far more likely to have “followed” Juolevi since draft day than Podkolzin. At least with Juolevi there’s a sample size from the AHL and NHL to critique. You - nor any other CDC’r - cannot convince me today that you’ve already seen enough of a 19-years-old kid from the KHL to have determined he’s NHL-ready - particularly on the top line - for next season. 

 

But, yeah, let’s totally hype him up (this is where the deadpan emoji would go).

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

I think there’s a difference between actually “following” a player since draft day versus merely being familiar with their name. Particularly if said player is only 19 and hasn’t even been playing in North America. Unless you’re with the scouting department, I think it’s far more likely to have “followed” Juolevi since draft day than Podkolzin. At least with Juolevi there’s a sample size from the AHL and NHL to critique. You - nor any other CDC’r - cannot convince me today that you’ve already seen enough of a 19-years-old kid from the KHL to have determined he’s NHL-ready - particularly on the top line - for next season. 

 

But, yeah, let’s totally hype him up (this is where the deadpan emoji would go).

Every young player stepping into the NHL will have growing pains of course, some more than others. And no I don’t care about convincing you to change your mind about your projection of how Vasily will adjust to the NHL game. You may be right. Who knows.

 

However for many, like I , the projection isn’t one of can he keep up in the NHL but rather how dominant he will be once he  arrives. 
 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 12:36 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

 

You mean you saw his picture at the old post office across the street?  How much is the reward for his capture currently sitting at?

I was at Superstore last night to buy some milk.  On one of the milk carton was a picture of Loui Erikkson along the caption:  Missing since 2016. Have you seen this solid two way player?  Please contact Jim Benning at 867-5309.  Ask for Jenny.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

CDC'rs getting unnecessarily hyped behind a young new addition they really don't know that much of anything about. Kinda like with Vey and Tryamkin, remember? I even read at one of the Sportsnet Canuck forums a couple weeks ago someone actually said with a straight face the Canucks top-6 is "pretty well set." "Pretty well set" for what, exactly? We don't know anything about this kid, but, CDC'rs already have him slated for the top-6? I'm guessing those are also the same CDC'rs who want to dump Miller, and think Pettersson should be centering the top line rather than the captain. 53's capable of #1 C minutes and status in the NHL, but, GMJB absolutely HAS to put legitimate and quality top-6 players at his side. Not rookies and sophomores. To think there was a genuine window of opportunity where the Canucks could've had a top line today of Kane-Horvat-Toffoli. GMJB should be working 24/7 to put something comparable together sooner than later if this team is going to go forward with Horvat still on the roster. 

Kane and TT eh.    Nah i'd rather have two players coming up behind Horvat that can carry the mail with him (Hogs plays the L side too, natural left shot) then aging vets in their prime still.    Yes it's going to take time.   I don't mind waiting, that's a lot of payroll the team can use on their D where they don't have young depth coming up other then maybe Rathbone, maybe OJ... long shot Woo etc.    It's not time to "go for it" yet. Not hard to find wingers .... 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I amhyped for Podkolzin but I think saying he will be any kind of beast especially a playoff one at this point is jumping the gun.

 

Get him in the lineup and see where he goes with it. Unrealistic expectations are a way of life around here. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the hype before Petty arrived in Vancity.  He had won the SHL scoring title, playoff scoring title and the Swedish cup. 

I thought he was going to do well but not as good as he in his 1st year in the NHL. 

I think Pods will be the highly skill hard working power forward that will dig in the corners and get a lot of assists.   Another young player to add to the young exciting core.  

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I amhyped for Podkolzin but I think saying he will be any kind of beast especially a playoff one at this point is jumping the gun.

 

Get him in the lineup and see where he goes with it. Unrealistic expectations are a way of life around here. 

 We are hopeful for a better team.  We know we need guys like Pods (and the 9OA this draft) to be impactful to our team being better.  We do have Pods recent KHL playoff performance to guide our thinking though.  So for him it’s less hope, and more expectation.  I’m so glad other teams were stupid and let Pods fall into our hands.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

 We are hopeful for a better team.  We know we need guys like Pods (and the 9OA this draft) to be impactful to our team being better.  We do have Pods recent KHL playoff performance to guide our thinking though.  So for him it’s less hope, and more expectation.  I’m so glad other teams were stupid and let Pods fall into our hands.  

Nothing wrong with having high expectations.

 

Read the title of the thread though.....

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

 We are hopeful for a better team.  We know we need guys like Pods (and the 9OA this draft) to be impactful to our team being better.  We do have Pods recent KHL playoff performance to guide our thinking though.  So for him it’s less hope, and more expectation.  I’m so glad other teams were stupid and let Pods fall into our hands.  

What impressed me was the fact that Benning under pressure to perform selected a prospect that was certainly 2 years from joining the club

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...