Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So - Who Should The Canucks Take At The Number 9 Spot?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Just now, PositionOfPower said:

Seems you didn't read my posts Kent all the way. I just get some Kassian + Virt vibes from MacT for some reason.

Why? The kassian and virt vibes should be negated after having some professional games in europe, plus his history of never getting into trouble should also be a good sign

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm liking MacTavish more and more. Man, this draft is so all over the map. MacTavish it sounds like he can step in almost right away next season as maybe the third line centreman? We wouldn't want to rush another prospect right. Look at how that turned out for us the last time we did that. 

 

I like Kent Johnson as well, but concerns about his hockey IQ is, well, concerning. Could end up biting us. I'd rather we go after high hockey IQ players. If that's MacTavish, then go for it. What happens if MacTavish and Hughes is available at no. 9, though? Who does Benning go after at that point? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm liking MacTavish more and more. Man, this draft is so all over the map. MacTavish it sounds like he can step in almost right away next season as maybe the third line centreman? We wouldn't want to rush another prospect right. Look at how that turned out for us the last time we did that. 

 

I like Kent Johnson as well, but concerns about his hockey IQ is, well, concerning. Could end up biting us. I'd rather we go after high hockey IQ players. If that's MacTavish, then go for it. What happens if MacTavish and Hughes is available at no. 9, though? Who does Benning go after at that point? 

 

Hes my guy as well. That's if clarke is gone already.

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

F67C1C11-A4B5-48C9-B209-F74BF57A278D.jpeg

Need a card for him gassyjack.   Help you on this one, take Olgie Ogithorpe's body from Slap Shot .... one fugly dude, TT natural internal replacement lol.    In fact that's what THN used for their best case scenario player (TT), serendipity right there.  

  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Looks like he’s right out of the movie “Brave Heart”.  

If the guy fights too that would be nice.   Looks a little crazed doesn't he?  Team could use some of that.    Change the complexion of our top six if he works out (he or someone else can move to the wing)...or maybe help us with three scoring lines.    Kid is close NHL ready which is nice too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If the guy fights too that would be nice.   Looks a little crazed doesn't he?  Team could use some of that.    Change the complexion of our top six if he works out (he or someone else can move to the wing)...or maybe help us with three scoring lines.    Kid is close NHL ready which is nice too. 

I like how he’s one of those “thicker” guys, like Bo.  The kid is 6’ and 200 pounds.  He’s a block.  Add him to Bo, Miller, Pods, Hogs, Bess, and Pearson as guys who can play heavy in our top nine.  Size, skill, and compete.  I think he makes the team next season too.  

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like how he’s one of those “thicker” guys, like Bo.  The kid is 6’ and 200 pounds.  He’s a block.  Add him to Bo, Miller, Pods, Hogs, Bess, and Pearson as guys who can play heavy in our top nine.  Size, skill, and compete.  I think he makes the team next season too.  

A bigger fire hydrant then BO.   6'2" 210 pounds ... and built like a truck already.   Could see him adding 15lbs too.   Kids going to bring the pain. 

 

Edit:  Horvat made the team only because he was good at face offs, and he lacked foot speed.   Skating according to Burke - is the easiest skill to improve post draft.   Horvat showed that.    This kid could end up becoming Miller or Horvats replacement down the road, and offer yet another C soon to build around, replacing Sutter short term. That would be something.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm liking MacTavish more and more. Man, this draft is so all over the map. MacTavish it sounds like he can step in almost right away next season as maybe the third line centreman? We wouldn't want to rush another prospect right. Look at how that turned out for us the last time we did that. 

 

I like Kent Johnson as well, but concerns about his hockey IQ is, well, concerning. Could end up biting us. I'd rather we go after high hockey IQ players. If that's MacTavish, then go for it. What happens if MacTavish and Hughes is available at no. 9, though? Who does Benning go after at that point? 

 

If Hughes is available you take him, but he's going top 5, most likely. If Clarke is there you also take him, otherwise McTavish is the guy. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

A bigger fire hydrant then BO.   6'2" 210 pounds ... and built like a truck already.   Could see him adding 15lbs too.   Kids going to bring the pain. 

 

Edit:  Horvat made the team only because he was good at face offs, and he lacked foot speed.   Skating according to Burke - is the easiest skill to improve post draft.   Horvat showed that.    This kid could end up becoming Miller or Horvats replacement down the road, and offer yet another C soon to build around, replacing Sutter short term. That would be something.   

 

I'm getting more and more hopeful that this guy is our pick. Which means of course he goes higher :lol: 

 

it would be nice if he could join the team at the end of the next OHL season but I don't know if thats pushing his development timeline too much. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who will be the future NHL Playoff Performers?  That's all that matters. Look at Caufield. Small player, GMs were scared to take him, but MTL saw the determination and took the chance. Great pick at #15.

 

I don't want Johnson, too much of a hotdog, not much of a team player, from what I saw so far. McTavish looks like a gamer for sure, old school. Canucks need him. 

 

1. Power

2. Hughes

3. Clarke

4. McTavish

5. Sillinger

6. Guenther

7. Lucius

8. Lambos

 

One of these guys 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who will be the future NHL Playoff Performers?  That's all that matters. Look at Caufield. Small player, GMs were scared to take him, but MTL saw the determination and took the chance. Great pick at #15.

 

I don't want Johnson, too much of a hotdog, not much of a team player, from what I saw so far. McTavish looks like a gamer for sure, old school. Canucks need him. 

 

1. Power

2. Hughes

3. Clarke

4. McTavish

5. Sillinger

6. Guenther

7. Lucius

8. Lambos

 

One of these guys 

 

Eklund?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...