The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So - Who Should The Canucks Take At The Number 9 Spot?

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

McTavish? 

I think so. We have a lot of smaller guys with great skill. We need guys that can battle through a tough playoff schedule, hit and absorb the hits and scrap and claw their way to crease. 

Burrows style tenacity. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think so. We have a lot of smaller guys with great skill. We need guys that can battle through a tough playoff schedule, hit and absorb the hits and scrap and claw their way to crease. 

Burrows style tenacity. 

What is McTavish's upside and potential? 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

OK, I'm officially sold.... 

Nowhere the skating issues, that was mentioned in other reports... He would definitely be perfect with Podz.

Could also go a long way in playing against the Tkachuk's of the league...

Anyone of McTavish, Guenter or Svechkov, would do for me, unless they go for the RHD... 

Edited by spook007

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

His write up on Lambos is also interesting. 

They suggest he has top pairing potential. 

McTavish would make me happy.  This kid sounds like an absolute nightmare to play against. 

They go into Silingers skating stride and suggest that he has an awkward looking stride but it works for him. He stands upright but is very stable. This kid is one of the purest goal scores in this draft. I was concerned about his skating but maybe it is not an issue. 

They are also high on Johnson . They see him as a winger and think his hockey IQ is better then what other articles suggest. 

There is lost of details in their evaluations that can be compared with other main stream scouting reports.

• Vintage 1

I'd be fine with any of the BPA listed in the top 10.  I prefer a F be picked over a D.  But that's just my preference. 

Would prefer Eklund or Lysell cuz their skillset can probably be added quickly (like Caufield...recency bias :P). 

McTavish and Johnson would be good adds as well but might take a bit longer to join the big club.  Like that they are bigger and can't be easily pushed off the puck.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:07 PM, Patel Bure said:

Luke to me seems like a poor man’s Quinn.  Luke doesn’t seem like he’ll be a bad player, but with Rathbone and Quinn already here, I think the Canucks would be going to the proverbial well one too many times with a Luke Hughes selection.  Pass for me.

Luke has been on many peoples list as 1st over all in this draft.  He is bigger than Quinn and some say he will be the best of all the brothers Hughes.  B)

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Luke has been on many peoples list as 1st over all in this draft.  He is bigger than Quinn and some say he will be the best of all the brothers Hughes.  B)

"Some say". You mean the same ones that said Jordan Subban was the most skilled of the brothers? Or Steve Kariya was more skilled than his brother Paul? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Watching Montreal, I'd say we're lacking in the meat and potatoes guys. We have skill. But we need some guys with size and speed with the upside of skill. 

It's all about balance. 

our meat and potatoes is on IR. If we had a healthy Beagle, Sutter and pre-knee injury Rousell I think we catch MTL this year. Assuming we don't get the worst covid outbreak of course.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

He's fugly.   Looks like a crazed Slapshot character - totally love that upside.   THN comp is .... wait for it... TT but as a C.  

Basically another Horvat but two inches taller and a lot uglier.    In other words - perfect. 

He's so ugly he's beautiful? 

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Burrows style tenacity. 

Svechkov. The old "dog on a bone" mentality.

12 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

This team needs to draft a Mark Stone.  

One of if not the best two way player in the draft.

Six foot 180lbs at 18yrs, at 20yrs. 6'2"and 200lbs perhaps.

Centre signed with SKA for two years....sound familiar^_^

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I haven't seen any lists that have him first overall for over a year. Around the same time Raty was in talks for first overall. I think he will be a great player, but I'd like to see any report with him first, because I think there is a strong possibility he is the last of the big 4 D taken.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Juolevi + 9th OA for Greenway and Dumba? Just spitballing here... :rolleyes:

I really like Dumba.  He might be the perfect partner for Hughes.  But I don’t think the Wild will want OJ because he requires ED protection.  So likely the 9OA would be more than enough.  I’d think even our second might be enough.

Our 2021 second rounder for Dumba.  No mas.  

• Cheers 1