The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So - Who Should The Canucks Take At The Number 9 Spot?

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Eklund will fall to us.  He's listed as 5'10".  Smaller guys seems to drop more often than not.  He's sounds like a better version of Hogz.

Very possible.

Look at Caufield. Easily top 5 talent that fell because he’s small.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

No way Buffalo agrees to that!

But yes - if we could make it work from a cap standpoint, and Buffalo was on board with that, then I’d be on board.

Can someone get Mad Mike Milbury the job as Buffalo's GM? Then that trade would fly, all day long!

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Johnson or Mctavish.  Edvinsson if we're going for D.

To be honest, I don’t think Edvinsson will be there by the time we’re up.  Carson Lambos has really impressed me so far.  I think he could be one of the hidden gems in this draft.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Easy, whomever is left.

If you were Benning, who would you (realistically) pick at the #9 spot?   (Assuming that guys like Power, Luke Hughes, Clarke, Edvinsson, and the other general consensus top 8 picks get selected)?

I've said a number of times, with how little data we have on the kids this year, due to a lot of them having very short seasons, I would be completely good with us trading the pick for immediate help on the blueline.

If there's someone that we can scoop from a cap strapped team, who could slot in immediately on the blueline, really good with that idea.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Very possible.

Look at Caufield. Easily top 5 talent that fell because he’s small.

Given Caulfield’s success, along with the general trend of the NHL, I wonder if NHL GM’s this time around will pass on the smaller guys this time around?

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Given Caulfield’s success, along with the general trend of the NHL, I wonder if NHL GM’s this time around will pass on the smaller guys this time around?

Then we’ll take advantage and take someone like McTavish or Guenther.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

I've said a number of times, with how little data we have on the kids this year, due to a lot of them having very short seasons, I would be completely good with us trading the pick for immediate help on the blueline.

If there's someone that we can scoop from a cap strapped team, who could slot in immediately on the blueline, really good with that idea.

My vote would go for Hampus Lindholm depending on the overall asking price.  Seth Jones would cost way too much and would also likely come with a 9 million+ AAV after next season and so I’d much rather target a guy like Hampus Lindholm.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Provost said:

I take Reinhart (with an extension signed) and Ristolainen for our 1st, DiPietro  and Eriksson.

buffalo would want more. Either a bonafide nhler or top prospect. That package should get us one or the other.