Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So - Who Should The Canucks Take At The Number 9 Spot?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He went for a 3rd last year because teams were in even worse cap shape than they are this season. If you look at what guys are getting moved for, he's a solid top 4 throughout his career, he's signed at a reasonable cap hit for another 4 years, he's easily worth a 1st round pick.

 

I still don't really think that we're going to move him but who knows, we're overhauling the team and we might be interested in turning him into another forward, and then going shopping in Free Agency to see who else we can pickup. 

 

Personally, I'd rather have him back, he adds a LOT to our team.

 

Wouldn’t it be funny if Benning went and got a 1st today and still took a kid at the Draft?

 

Wouldn't that be funny?

 

I think that’d be funny.

 

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He went for a 3rd last year because teams were in even worse cap shape than they are this season. If you look at what guys are getting moved for, he's a solid top 4 throughout his career, he's signed at a reasonable cap hit for another 4 years, he's easily worth a 1st round pick.

 

I still don't really think that we're going to move him but who knows, we're overhauling the team and we might be interested in turning him into another forward, and then going shopping in Free Agency to see who else we can pickup. 

 

Personally, I'd rather have him back, he adds a LOT to our team.

 

I really can't see us netting much value off of Schmidt. If we get rid of him for value then it'll likely not be enough (can't see him getting a first) and getting rid of him for a 2nd just isn't enough value unless a good player drops. Might as well just see what we have with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeyD said:

I really can't see us netting much value off of Schmidt. If we get rid of him for value then it'll likely not be enough (can't see him getting a first) and getting rid of him for a 2nd just isn't enough value unless a good player drops. Might as well just see what we have with him. 

You're not looking at his career or his overall capability and history.

 

Schmidt is a top 4 on pretty close to every team in this league. IF we move him, and I'm not convinced that we should, he will get equivalent of a 1st rounder.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

You're not looking at his career or his overall capability and history.

 

Schmidt is a top 4 on pretty close to every team in this league. IF we move him, and I'm not convinced that we should, he will get equivalent of a 1st rounder.

 

His past season would put his value at an all time low though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

His past season would put his value at an all time low though. 

No, teams and GMs understand what last year was like on teams, it only has an effect on Canuck fans.

 

;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance one of Lambos or Ceulemans falls to us?  I’m really surprised that no one has picked Lambos yet.  I was really high on him.....or perhaps that was just an indication that I was really high.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, what about spot 41?

 

Could Scott Morrow slip to 41? Is Logan Stankoven too small? I might be in the minority here, but I'd also be down for Benning to take a risk on Raty

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Alright, what about spot 41?

 

Could Scott Morrow slip to 41? Is Logan Stankoven too small? I might be in the minority here, but I'd also be down for Benning to take a risk on Raty

 

 

 

 

Any one of those three would be awesome!  

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

OEL? :)

I am of the belief that the correct answer was Conor Garland.

 

9th overall for Conor Garland

Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson, other draft picks for OEL

 

Garland is an underrated gem and will be a long term core piece of us.  

Edited by Patel Bure
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Alright, what about spot 41?

 

Could Scott Morrow slip to 41? Is Logan Stankoven too small? I might be in the minority here, but I'd also be down for Benning to take a risk on Raty

 

 

 

 

He went 40!!! Lmao 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...