The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So - Who Should The Canucks Take At The Number 9 Spot?

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

McTavish’s goal to assist ratio bothers me for a centermen. Can he even pass the puck. Reminds me of Sutter. What did he go, pretty high in the draft didn’t he 

Or Kesler? 

That turned out okay...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Let's see how Hughes does without the handicap of Baumgartner.

I meant Luke Hughes. I ain’t crazy enough to call a draft prospect better than any good player in any regard other than perhaps athleticism and physical play. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Absolutely 

There’s no way in hell that CBJ says yes to that though.  Might as well trade Horvat and a 1st for Draisatl and a 2nd while we’re at it in fantasy land.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

There’s no way in hell that CBJ says yes to that though.  Might as well trade Horvat and a 1st for Draisatl and a 2nd while we’re at it.

I think you have not broke down the numbers, and besides, we are not helping Anaheim rebuild

23 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I meant Luke Hughes. I ain’t crazy enough to call a draft prospect better than any good player in any regard other than perhaps athleticism and physical play. 

I don't want Luke Hughes either for the same reason.

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think you have not broke down the numbers, and besides, we are not helping Anaheim rebuild

Jones will have a cap friendly cap hit this coming season but he’ll be due for a massive raise afterwards.   

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I don’t know Guenther that well but I easily pick Johnson over MacTavish.   

Ps - Have you watched Carson Lambos play at all?  If so, what are your thoughts?   I have him pegged as being my dark horse.

Lambos is a wild card. I mean all of them are this year, but I think he is a bit of a reach at 9.

We aren't getting one of the top 4 D-Power, Hughes, Clarke, Edvinsson.  I'd go for a high skill forward, rather than take risk on a LHD. I think there will be some very good, big RHD at 41---Roman Schmidt, Scott Morrow, Logan Mailoux.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

2nd thought of the day

If Wallstedt gets taken early, which I think he does

Cossa has a chance of also being taken early

I mean, when do you see 1 goalie being put into the 1st round, let alone 2

I think that is a statement of the talent in the first round OA,

So with Columbus, San Jose, Detroit and LA all needing goalies

and goalies taking a long time to develop..........is there a chance?

Maybe!

I see Detroit taking Wallstedt with their first rounder or Cossa with the capitals first rounder. Hopefully it’s Wallstedt so we have another player drop to us at 9. I really don’t think we should add Jones, I’m certainly a fan of the player but there is so much cap uncertainty moving forward that I think out number 1 priority needs to be locking up our home grown players over the next couple years and if we can do that or actually have some spare money in a year or twos time then think about trading picks and prospects for someone who can push us over the edge. I hope we don’t rush into a signing or trade to benefit us in the short term with no foresight

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

"At least we didn't move down this draft."

Wrong. Seattle bumped us.

Uhhh ... Seattle was #3 going in ... How did they bump us?  Only team bumped was Anaheim from #2 to #3

Edited by Viper007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Based on pure talent? Yes.

What do you mean based on pure talent?  Caufield has s good shot and is an opportunistic player like Debrincat.  Hes not exactly a play driver.  This team desperately needs players that drive play.  Vegas, Col, Tampa, are full of these guys.. Thats how you win in this league.

3 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

If we could move Schmidt and the pick for jones I would do it

I wouldn’t. Love Jones, but he’s either going to a winner, or getting PAID. And him alone won’t make us a contender. We need more depth.

• Like 1

Meh BPA.. though to say who with the variability of consensus.

Probably McTavish but if I'm game for anything Benning and co. chooses because they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

I do hope we can snag Brent Johnson Inn the second or mayyyybe third pick

Comitted to UND so I bet Judd bracket is going to pick him up lol

48 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

If we could move Schmidt and the pick for jones I would do it

Only if he is signed long term...

Currently 1 year then UFA by memory.  If he accepts a trade with an extension in place...