The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?

Rate this topic

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I first watched the highlight of the hit, my reaction was well he's just trying to make the hit to prevent him from scoring in the empty net of course. But then I watched this guys video of him breaking it down, and if I'm the Jets I would be pretty upset with Scheifele, because he easily could of prevented the goal but literally decided not to.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not sure they're going to get the chance. With the injuries to Stastny and DeMelo, and now this WPG might be pretty demoralized. MTL will have a full head of steam and everyone on that team is very motivated now if they weren't before. 

Unless someone on MTL does something really stupid this could be a short series. 

I thought the Jets would cruise thru whoever came out of the TO/Habs series. Surprised by the injuries. Jets came out flat. I hold out hope they can overcome. Losing MS for 4 is a blow to physical hockey. Used to be that players had to calculate their exposure to possible hits. The game is sliding away from contact and physical perseverance as one of the keys to CUP success. Physicality versus finesse. Risk versus reward. Euro standards now rule. Over reaction to hits, high sticks, hooking, interference. Not a popular opinion today but this is how I see it.

That aside you have to give the Habs credit. Their d-core has reasserted itself. Their young stars and a couple of grizzled vets are starring. Price has endured some lean years in Montreal with not much support. Glad for his opportunity.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not sure they're going to get the chance. With the injuries to Stastny and DeMelo, and now this WPG might be pretty demoralized. MTL will have a full head of steam and everyone on that team is very motivated now if they weren't before. 

Unless someone on MTL does something really stupid this could be a short series. 

Good point. My gut feeling is still that it will be a long series since WPG is the better team and are better coached. So I'm thinking rather than tipping it in Montreal's favour, injuries and the suspension evens out what should have been a clear win for WPG. 

But we'll see I guess.

• Vintage 1
31 minutes ago, J-P said:

Good point. My gut feeling is still that it will be a long series since WPG is the better team and are better coached. So I'm thinking rather than tipping it in Montreal's favour, injuries and the suspension evens out what should have been a clear win for WPG. 

But we'll see I guess.

Montreal went 3-3-3 against the Jets in the regular season despite the fact that they were playing 5 games every 8 nights for 5 weeks.  They also had a ton of injuries.  The team you saw in the second half is not indicative of how good they can be.  I think these teams are much closer matched than you give Montreal credit for.  Goaltending is a wash. Montreal D is superior. Winnipeg has higher end forwards but Montreal has depth throughout the forward lines. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

When I first watched the highlight of the hit, my reaction was well he's just trying to make the hit to prevent him from scoring in the empty net of course. But then I watched this guys video of him breaking it down, and if I'm the Jets I would be pretty upset with Scheifele, because he easily could of prevented the goal but literally decided not to.

Agreed. He broke it down really well. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. He broke it down really well. 

ok he got a 4 game suspension and he will not appeal, but i find it disgusting on hab fans to go after his family. why the heck are they not mature enough to just keep their mouths shut

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I thought the Jets would cruise thru whoever came out of the TO/Habs series. Surprised by the injuries. Jets came out flat. I hold out hope they can overcome. Losing MS for 4 is a blow to physical hockey. Used to be that players had to calculate their exposure to possible hits. The game is sliding away from contact and physical perseverance as one of the keys to CUP success. Physicality versus finesse. Risk versus reward. Euro standards now rule. Over reaction to hits, high sticks, hooking, interference. Not a popular opinion today but this is how I see it.

That aside you have to give the Habs credit. Their d-core has reasserted itself. Their young stars and a couple of grizzled vets are starring. Price has endured some lean years in Montreal with not much support. Glad for his opportunity.

I get where you are coming from but imo the hit crossed the line. I dont think he really thought he could save a goal with that hit but no one really knows what he was thinking.

I dont think its the end of physical play - watching the Bos NYI series theres no lack of it there.

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

ok he got a 4 game suspension and he will not appeal, but i find it disgusting on hab fans to go after his family. why the heck are they not mature enough to just keep their mouths shut

Welcome to 2021. The average person on the internet who "threatens" people is a craven, demented thing with no real benefit to a productive society. I highly doubt that the majority of these creeps will actually follow through with their threats. I wouldn't classify them as Habs fans, per se, and I'm thinking that none of the Canadiens players or their coaching and management would endorse or condone what these turds have said. 

Don't waste your time or emotion on thinking about these people, bree2. It's not worth it from your end. Just my two cents on the matter.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get where you are coming from but imo the hit crossed the line. I dont think he really thought he could save a goal with that hit but no one really knows what he was thinking.

I dont think its the end of physical play - watching the Bos NYI series theres no lack of it there.

Somehow I think the Canadiens - Jets series will be extremely physical. 

• Hydration 2
2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Somehow I think the Canadiens - Jets series will be extremely physical. 

I was scared just watching Weber on a screen - cant remember seeing him that pissed.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was scared just watching Weber on a screen - cant remember seeing him that pissed.

I think it was @Ghostsof1915 who mentioned either playing against him in junior or watching him play in Kelowna and said he was as ruthless and he was strong. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think it was @Ghostsof1915 who mentioned either playing against him in junior or watching him play in Kelowna and said he was as ruthless and he was strong. 

Not me, but I would have loved to have seen him in Junior. I wish a few more Canucks scouts did too :P.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
34 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Agreed. That’s stepping over the line and it should never happen. Every fan base has a psychotic element. The same thing happened to Kotkaniemi after the Pettersson injury. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Agreed. That’s stepping over the line and it should never happen. Every fan base has a psychotic element. The same thing happened to Kotkaniemi after the Pettersson injury. 

It's not just in sports. It's all over the fricking place these days.