The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?

Rate this topic

Will Scheifele be suspended and for how long?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jets guy didn't even try to stop/play the puck.  Instead he lined Mtl guy up and made principal contact to the head (on the video I saw).

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

The hit was the attempt to prevent it, if he tried using his stick he could have easily poked the puck into his own net. The hit came a fraction of a second after the puck crossed the line, had it not everyone would be saying great hit. I’m sorry, I see no suspendible offence. 

Ok. I’m done with this. You can watch a predatory charge and call it a clean hit.  Suggesting figure skating to people who see this as a dirty play.  You’ve earned your moniker. I’ll just put you on ignore and let you continue on with your skewed existence 

• Hydration 2
  • RoughGame 1

Scheifele should probably be out the series. 

I would give him 6 games. If he gets back in the Habs are gonna kill him. 

FYI it was also Jake Evans birthday today. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The hit was the attempt to prevent it, if he tried using his stick he could have easily poked the puck into his own net. The hit came a fraction of a second after the puck crossed the line, had it not everyone would be saying great hit. I’m sorry, I see no suspendible offence. 

charging elbow directly to head something leagues trying t get rid of  in games 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

charging elbow directly to head something leagues trying t get rid of  in games 

There was no elbow to the head.

• Vintage 1

I'm conflicted on this one. It reminds me of Rome's play, where you can call it a penalty and the unfortunate result was a bad injury. I think the play started as a hockey play, but then he lost it at the end.

His initial target is not the head, so that is helpful for scheifele. I also think the play was to hit Evans before he could get a shot off, because the guy is a bigger and easier target to hit at that speed than a moving puck/stick. Thst said, I think the hit is excessive, and I'd personally give one game, but I think they give him 2.

• Vintage 1

the head wasn't even the principal point of contact. he exploded in to Evans' chest and the end result was his head hitting the ice. it's an ugly result and Schiefele's probably gonna have to answer for that if he doesn't get suspended, cause you know, "the code." if he does get suspended, probably gonna be one game. i'd be surprised if its more than 2

• Vintage 1
3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

the head wasn't even the principal point of contact. he exploded in to Evans' chest and the end result was his head hitting the ice. it's an ugly result and Schiefele's probably gonna have to answer for that if he doesn't get suspended, cause you know, "the code." if he does get suspended, probably gonna be one game. i'd be surprised if its more than 2

The suspension will be for charging not a hit to the head, that part doesn’t matter.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans career is done. He’s had 2 bad concussions prior to this. This one looked really bad. 

3 concussions prior to this 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Except he made zero effort to prevent the goal. Zero.

The hit was clearly to prevent the goal. Obviously he should have tried to poke it so not arguing that it was the wrong decision.

Do you really think that in a situation where the team is down a goal with enough time to score a playoff game, that a guy as crucial as Scheifele would decide "hey I'll just injure somebody" rather than win the game? It was a desperate attempt to prevent the goal by separating the puck from the player that ended up in a really bad situation.

Edited by Grape
  • Vintage 1
Just now, Grape said:

The hit was clearly to prevent the goal. Obviously he should have tried to poke it so not arguing that it was the wrong decision.

Do you really think that in a situation where the team is down a goal with plenty of time left in a playoff game, that a guy as crucial as Scheifele would decide to try and injure someone rather than win the game? It was a desperate attempt to prevent the goal by separating the puck from the player that ended up in a really bad situation.

Did you watch the game? Schieflie was unhinged all game. He was pissed off and looking to take it out on someone 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Did you watch the game? Schieflie was unhinged all game. He was pissed off and looking to take it out on someone 

I watched the game. But just because we're sitting in front of TVs, doesn't give us access to a player's mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that he was pissed contributed to him making the wrong decision, but this looks everything like a guy making an effort to try to separate player from puck. He literally stopped striding and started gliding before the hit, so I don't really understand how people think it's "charging." TBH I think he probably should have kept skating, which would've resulted in a clean play as he would've gotten to the puck faster.

I do think the nature of the contact + the injury makes it suspension worthy though. 

Edited by Grape
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, Grape said:

I watched the game. But just because we're sitting in front of TVs, doesn't give us access to a player's mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that he was pissed contributed to him making the wrong decision, but this looks everything like a guy making an effort to try to separate player from puck. He literally stopped striding and started gliding before the hit, so I don't really understand how people think it's "charging." TBH I think he probably should have kept skating, which would've resulted in a clean play as he would've gotten to the puck faster.

He was going 30 mph! You do t have to still be striding for it to be charging. Also. He got a 5 minute charging major. So how can you say it wasn’t charging. 

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

1 game, 2 tops is my guess.

It's the NHL though, so who knows where the spin of the wheel will land.

If he only gets 1-2 games for thst then I hope he needs to learn how to eat his meals through a straw after Weber has a word with him 

23 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He was going 30 mph! You do t have to still be striding for it to be charging. Also. He got a 5 minute charging major. So how can you say it wasn’t charging. 

At full speed watching it live it looked bad, are you saying refs are always right? If the refs didn’t call it then all he’ll would have broken loose. We’ll see what DoPS decide after analyzing the play.